• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Orta is a Sega game through and through. Published by Sega on disc on Xbox and published by Sega digitally on Xbox One as well. Sega should definitely port it to all platforms though and then release it on Game Pass, Stadia, Luna, PS Now and everywhere. That game is a real classic.
I know, I didn't mean MS made it, rather they should release/publish it on Gamepass PC, or if it's up to Sega then Sega should.

I'm an old school Sega fan, I bought the OG Xbox just for Orta and hiked through a blizzard to get my copy on release day :)
It's worth noting that almost all of the reviews are for the Switch version, which released early before most of the features were implemented (remastered soundtrack, gyro aiming, better aiming reticule and dragon movement, etc). It's in a much better place at the moment.
Yeah I'm thinking I'll give it a shot.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Yeah, I did and I'm looking forward to play it, heard bad things about the Switch version, hopes it runs fine on Series X. Maybe someday we can get a Saga remake to ? Yes, I'm daydreaming and I know they lost the code :(

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed this a few hours ago while checking out recent releases on the Xbox Store, lmao.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
For what it's worth, in case anyone doesn't know these devs are also slated to remake the first two House of the Dead games in addition to Panzer Dragoon and Zwei.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/4/20899242/house-of-the-dead-1-2-remakes-forever-entertainment-sega
WHAT!!!! im totally down for HOTD!!!

they should use the Dualsense sixaxis to emulate a light gun!!!!!

you can totally do it in Blue estate, you just hold the controller sideways and its like a gun!!!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Heh I didn't know.
It was like a saw Star Wars Podracer on the Xbox store the other day too

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
It's still part of Stadia Pro, so you can sign up for the free 1-month trial and play it for $0 if you haven't already.
Its a perfectly decent port, and given that you can finish the game and be done with it in 45 minutes, its a good way to play it if you cant be arsed to wait for a sale, or for it to download.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
I bought it on Switch day one but I was disappointed with the performance so I ended up buying the PS4 version too a few months ago. I think it's a decent remake but it shows that it was done on a tight budget and with Switch in mind. Hopefully the studio will have more resources and experience for the Zwei remake, that game is still one of the best rail-shooters ever, it deserves to be recreated with better production values.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the PC version when it released. Some rough edges here and there, but it's pretty much a miracle that we received anything Panzer Dragoon related in this day and age.

If it's true that MegaPixel is working on a Zwei remake, then I seriously hope they put more effort into that project than they did with PD1.
also panzer dragoon saga, which is glorious

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I knew and added it to my wishlist. I decided to wait for a sale though, as I had a look at the reviews for the Switch and PC and they weren't good. I'll buy it once it's cheaper.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone know if the remake support native 4k 60fps on the one x? If the game is native 4k and also support auto hdr I would get it on xbox over pc version.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if the remake support native 4k 60fps on the one x? If the game is native 4k and also support auto hdr I would get it on xbox over pc version.

4K and native (not auto) HDR on Xbox

www.xbox.com

Xbox One X Enhanced Games List | Xbox

View the full list of Xbox One X Enhanced titles. Xbox One X Enhanced titles are optimized to take full advantage of the 4K gaming experience.

Now does anything know if it is 4K on PS4 Pro?

Edit: PS4 is also 4K

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
as much as i respect the original Pandra, it's with Zwei that the series (as short a 'series' it is) actually becomes 'good'.

The original Pandra is just too 'clunky' to play and this remake doesn't really seems to address it's clunkiness.

Oct 16, 2020
For what it's worth, in case anyone doesn't know these devs are also slated to remake the first two House of the Dead games in addition to Panzer Dragoon and Zwei.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/4/20899242/house-of-the-dead-1-2-remakes-forever-entertainment-sega
Oh man. Hope this goes well. Might finally get home versions of the later HOTD and Virtua Cop games.

If we leave it just to Sega to release older games we'll never move past the bloody Negative.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I still want it but the effect of timed releases/delayed ones on other hardware always makes me wait for a sale instead of jumping for joy when it finally drops. I'll get it eventually is my thinking since I was made to wait when my interest was at its peak.

Warszawa

Sep 30, 2018
Still the best series on Saturn - playing a lot of older 3D titles on Saturn at the moment after I got my Satiator from the US and a lot of them have aged like milk.

Panzer series is consistently great, even the original still has some charm, but they really went all out from Zwei onwards.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
For anyone put off by the reviews, I believe the game's been patched (or "fixed") since it released.

YMMV on the art direction of course, but gameplay-wise I believe it's a much better game now.

OP
OP
Wing Scarab

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I still want it but the effect of timed releases/delayed ones on other hardware always makes me wait for a sale instead of jumping for joy when it finally drops. I'll get it eventually is my thinking since I was made to wait when my interest was at its peak.
That's how I feel you know. Majority of the time I just don't end up getting the game because so many other games have released between that time.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I got the platinum trophy in it.

I enjoyed it quite a bit and am looking forward to the Zwei remake too.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know how the remake performs on PS4/5 vs. Switch?

Tempted to pick it up on Switch for $6.24 on sale, but if the experience is vastly superior on PS4 I'll wait for the sale to be matched on PSN at some point. I'm having a lot of trouble finding information on how the PS4 version performs as it didn't seem to get much coverage when it dropped there.

Experiencing Orta at 4K/60 on One X was pretty magical.