• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
If they were immortal, they would have not been following silly trends. They would already be mature enough to have their own style, not 80s style.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously they just recognized that 80s was peak coolness and chose to rock 80s style for all of eternity.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
being immortal could make you really good at recognizing trends, especially if blending in is your goal

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the idea was because of the ages at which they were turned, they were eternally trapped in late adolescence, with everything that entails.

But also, it's Joel Schumacher. Don't overthink it.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
Their goal was to blend in with contemporary teenagers and lure in prey by doing so. They would have followed every trend. If David and company saw the 90s, they would have been decked out in flannel and grown those mullets out.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
They're immortals, they would have influenced culture and trends. 80s style could have been all theirs lol.

Or they're just good hunters.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am pretty sure they were recently made vampires.

If not, there could be other explanations. Perhaps their affliction gave them arrested development, so they just remained eternal teenagers, following trends. Or perhaps they mimicked society to blend in and more easily hunt.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The most important rule to survival as a vampire is not to be noticed. Fitting in with everyone else would be the most important part of survival so that means the trends etc.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
I am pretty sure they were recently made vampires.

If not, there could be other explanations. Perhaps their affliction gave them arrested development, so they just remained eternal teenagers, following trends. Or perhaps they mimicked society to blend in and more easily hunt.

In Lost Boys: Reign of the Frogs, it's revealed that Max is Dracula's older brother and the "boys" were turned during that time period. However, there's plenty of dispute as to whether that is canon or not.

My favorite interpretation is that David is from the early 1900's during the time of that abandoned hotel that they lived in.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
In Lost Boys: Reign of the Frogs, it's revealed that Max is Dracula's older brother and the "boys" were turned during that time period. However, there's plenty of dispute as to whether that is canon or not.

My favorite interpretation is that David is from the early 1900's during the time of that abandoned hotel that they lived in.

I'll have to look into that Reign of Frogs, never heard of it until now. Cool.

I like your hotel theory.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they were immortal, they would have not been following silly trends. They would already be mature enough to have their own style, not 80s style.

Yes nobody would have spotted anything weird about an old man in a house full of cute teen boys all wearing powdered wigs and stockings.

Lost Boys is scientifically accurate and I'm tired of the constant attacks on its cultural veracity.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
lost_boys_.jpg

For reference, in case somebody doesn't know what OP is talking about.

Anyways, yes their hair was 80s fabulous.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

is that the comic where Edgar basically tells a huge ass lie about how cool he and his brother are to some newbie Vampire Hunter, and then subsequently eats shit and has to be saved by said newbie vampire hunter, further emphasizing the exaggeration of his story?

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
They were not following silly trends, they had decided that rural Aussie 13-28 year old was a timeless classic and they went with it. Rural Australia has yet to prove them wrong, it being as common now as it was on dodgy 80's Aussie soap's.