• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what comes first, this getting locked or OP actually coming back and posting something

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
14t5u4.jpg

P.s. what the hell is wrong with this place?

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I know Easy Allies got some flack for mispronouncing it on the podcast a while back and John from DF seems to try pretty hard to pronounce things correctly
Oh definitely, it seems like there's a running joke on Digital Foundry about everyone making sure they pronounce Wolfenstein correctly.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
People pronounce lots of real places incorrectly. I'm sure most of you say Hiro-sheema instead of HiROshima.

Lock this shit up

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Yeah, they all pronounced "The Last of Us Part II" eerily similarly too

I was expecting someone to pull a "GTA IV" and say Last of Us eye eye

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
One of these days Capcom is coming for all the people that prounounced "Ryu" wrong and half the gamer population will be silenced.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
You could sense a nervousness in DF's video when pronouncing Tsushima.
Like Sony muscle and lawyers were in the room making sure he got it right or else!

DF if you're in danger from Sony goons blink twice in your next video.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Is the t supposed to be silent or not? Half the time I hear people say it without the t
Afaik, the T is not silent, and when people like John (DF) or Jones (EZA) make an honest attempt to pronounce Tsushima correctly, it might sound a bit weird, because "TS" isn't really a sound y'all english-speakers make all that often (at the beginning of words, that is)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Digital Foundry and Easy Allies videos back to back, I was immediately taken aback by how eerily similar their comically belabored attempts at pronunciation were. It seemed very intentional and ultimately embarassingly cringy, as though they had been coached on how to handle it. I know there was some kerfuffle about Sony's heavy handed control over Last of Us 2 media and reviews, and am wondering if there may be signals of Sony overstepping bounds and exerting too much influence on media.
What is going on here lately on Era?

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Afaik, the T is not silent, and when people like John (DF) or Jones (EZA) make an honest attempt to pronounce Tsushima correctly, it might sound a bit weird, because "TS" isn't really a sound y'all english-speakers make all that often (at the beginning of words, that is)
Like that one, I don't hear a t at all

Status
Not open for further replies.