• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Being the same skin color as Hitler didn't help the Jews when Hitler rose to power. Jon is white in pigment but not in ethnicity. The white supremacy he supports would ultimately come back to destroy him. People he supports like Steve King would ultimately come back to destroy him. It's amazing this is apparently lost on him.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being the same skin color as Hitler didn't help the Jews when Hitler rose to power. Jon is white in pigment but not in ethnicity. The white supremacy he supports would ultimately come back to destroy him. People he supports like Steve King would ultimately come back to destroy him. It's amazing this is apparently lost on him.

He's got the "fuck you got mine" mentality. When he thinks they talk about the "bad ones", that he's not included.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
honestly it doesn't really matter how much you donate or if you post a nice message on your twitter.

If you attend a white supremacist wedding because he's an "old friend", you might as well admit you're part of the problem and stop the posturing.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

There's a big racism problem in the Levant, where people seem to exempt themselves from their racist ways. His attitude is probably mirrored in his family.

Oct 27, 2017
I am no racist, but... if I was.. like a fellow white nationalist, I would require all members to do DNA tests as well as have family trees researched so that only the purest of white people would be allowed in the club. I would also charter a Space Shuttle for the members (if they fit) for a trip into orbit, but with the heat shields damaged for re-entry if you know what I'm saying. F- them

Oh yeah, I'm not claiming that violently racist and white supremacist ideologies make much sense, especially if you're not "pure". All these people - jontron, candace owens, milo yiannopoulos (gay and allegedly jewish) - probably think that being buddy-buddy with rightwingers and the altright will make them 'one of the good ones' and potentially earn them a place in richard spencer's ethnostate, when in reality they'd be the first to be purged in his ethnostate. If you're not a pure white supremacist yourself, the white supremacists of the past and present have let us know that when they're in command, you will eventually end up dead.

(and before anyone asks, yes richard spencer aspires to make a white ethnostate, and yes germany did lose the war and we're in the 21st century)

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the dude half Persian? (and from the father's side which would make him an Iranian national by birth and makes him so for life cause that's how Iran rolls with its nationality laws). That'd make him half brown...in which case it's ironical for him to be a white nationalist lol

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Here's the thing.
JonTron was never secretive about being racist.

I see a lot of people, even here, saying things like "I used to love him but then he revealed he was a racist" and I just don't get it. Both JonTron and Arin made constant racist jokes on Game Grumps, Jon would drop the N-Word nonstop, and that absolutely leaked into his other work and his tweets. I couldn't stand Game Grumps and every time someone told me to watch it'd take one video before they were making racist jokes or Jon was screaming the N-Word.

All those people were Jon's friend during that.

They dropped him when the Destiny stream happened because it became a controversy and they'd look back if they didn't, but they were clearly always okay with him being racist. So of course now that the controversy is a thing of the past they are comfortable being friends with him again. It was never about his racism.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't get how he came to see the world this way.
Lack of empathy. This stuff doesn't affect dudes like this so they don't care. They see people calling out these issues as getting in the way of their fun or being able to make jokes n stuff. And he's surrounded by yes men and well supported financially so his feelings are constantly validated and reinforced.

Oct 27, 2017
Hi0yhBo.png

Hah, did someone just put this back up again? Or was it never actually removed?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing.
JonTron was never secretive about being racist.

I see a lot of people, even here, saying things like "I used to love him but then he revealed he was a racist" and I just don't get it. Both JonTron and Arin made constant racist jokes on Game Grumps, Jon would drop the N-Word nonstop, and that absolutely leaked into his other work and his tweets. I couldn't stand Game Grumps and every time someone told me to watch it'd take one video before they were making racist jokes or Jon was screaming the N-Word.

All those people were Jon's friend during that.

They dropped him when the Destiny stream happened because it became a controversy and they'd look back if they didn't, but they were clearly always okay with him being racist. So of course now that the controversy is a thing of the past they are comfortable being friends with him again. It was never about his racism.
It certainly blindsided me.

I only watched TheJontronShow, which is tightly scripted and edited and never made a joke at the expense of others. On that show, Jon was silly but in a harmless way. He exuded friendliness and good cheer. And when he got passionate about a game, he seemed emotionally intelligent unpacking the way the game makes you feel.

All of this gave me the impression that Jon was smart, self-aware and empathetic.

But then I saw the Destiny controversy. And I have never been so disappointed by someone I admired on the internet. I just don't get it.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I actually stopped watching Game Grumps when Jon left, and continued to watch his solo channel for a while. Even hit the bell on his channel so I'd know when a new video was up. I had assumed Arin did him dirty in some way, and didn't feel GG had the same vibe without him.

When he really started to show his ass, I unsubscribed and unfollowed him everywhere. I feel stupid for not having seen the signs earlier (like when he'd say something so bad on GG that they'd censor it and then cut ahead). He's a fucking moron.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020

I only watched TheJontronShow, which is tightly scripted and edited and never made a joke at the expense of others. On that show, Jon was silly but in a harmless way. He exuded friendliness and good cheer. And when he got passionate about a game, he seemed emotionally intelligent unpacking the way the game makes you feel.

All of this gave me the impression that Jon was smart, self-aware and empathetic.

But then I saw the Destiny controversy. And I have never been so disappointed by someone I admired on the internet. I just don't get it.
I dunno, I remember there being some really off color and telling jokes in some of his youtube videos I watched, but it's been way too long so I wouldn't be able to pinpoint them and from what I understand he took a lot of his older stuff down anyway.

But fair enough, if you stuck to just one type of videos then maybe you missed all the racist jokes and N-word drops on GG or his bad tweets. But my point remains that there's no way his friends didn't know he was like that and they chose to still be his friend then, so it's not surprising they do again now that the controversy clearly didn't end him.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, dont see Pro Jared around.
He's a new brand of trash. Came back and started selling t-shirts as merch about how he "survived being cancelled" and claims he didn't do anything wrong. Even people on here were claiming he was innocent only because the pedophilia stuff was proven false.

Soliciting nudes and sex from his fans is not just a "normal" thing to do like he claimed it was.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I get arguing for deplatforming and to prevent collaborations & business ventures. But hunting down personal photos to prove a connection is pretty creepy. Just because someone attends your wedding doesn't mean it's an endorsement of that viewpoint. Unless they are promoting him, there doesn't seem to be much of a connection to incriminate these other two people (whom I honestly don't know anything about).

The views of the man are abhorrent but calling out others only draws the fire away from the perpetrator himself.

OP
OP
Sacul64

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I sent tweets expressing my disappointment to both PBG and Jirard not sure if they will bother responding or if I'm just making my twitter a target.

This was me as well I dont use social media and only had a twitter for the Chocobo avatar in FFXIII, the past few days are the most I have ever used it.

I dunno, I remember there being some really off color and telling jokes in some of his youtube videos I watched, but it's been way too long so I wouldn't be able to pinpoint them and from what I understand he took a lot of his older stuff down anyway.

But fair enough, if you stuck to just one type of videos then maybe you missed all the racist jokes and N-word drops on GG or his bad tweets. But my point remains that there's no way his friends didn't know he was like that and they chose to still be his friend then, so it's not surprising they do again now that the controversy clearly didn't end him.

He is in the same boat as me where I only watched the JonTron show and never saw any gamegrumps. Not only that but if like me he does not use social media you would not know.

FloofyMoofys

Aug 19, 2019
I unfollowed all of these bitches, I didn't forget. I also didn't forget about Girlfriend Reviews also is in that mix with their association with Nakey Jakey. Although Era loves to give them a pass. Fuck all of them.
Retweet, GFR and NJ along w/ Dunkey are so popular around here for no good reason when we could be uplifting actual good, small content creators

the game grumps are serious flops too

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
JonTron lost a lot of his long time fans (people like me), but he gained hero status with the racist crowd. He seems to be doing better than ever. So yeah... fuck that guy.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I haven't forgotten. It was unfortunate to hear to say the least, when it happened. I'm black so it felt like a knife. I actively have to tell myself sometimes to not go back to some of his older videos because I don't support him anymore.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Hope he salts his grilling with the tears he's shedding over his Nazi buddy Steve King being told to GTFO.

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot forget. Unfortunately, people like him will always be handed a platform because of the racist rot in society. Those who associate with him are complicit in enabling this behaviour.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get arguing for deplatforming and to prevent collaborations & business ventures. But hunting down personal photos to prove a connection is pretty creepy. Just because someone attends your wedding doesn't mean it's an endorsement of that viewpoint. Unless they are promoting him, there doesn't seem to be much of a connection to incriminate these other two people (whom I honestly don't know anything about).

The views of the man are abhorrent but calling out others only draws the fire away from the perpetrator himself.

As this thread is going on I was just listening to a speech with this quote from MLK Jr.:
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

I would never personally attend the wedding, event, or be friends with someone who is a white nationalist, racist, or homophobe. If you're in the public eye and you surround yourself with people like this, I personally don't give a shit if others make the connection and expose you with receipts.

And if you attend these events and then find out scathing information later, denouncing your involvement with a person takes no effort. Being silent and passive takes effort, and you're complicit in that.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
You might want to reconsider the people you watch on youtube
Lol, I didn't get that clip from my Youtube recs. Its literally a clip from when the JonTron racism story broke a few years back. All the new articles/threads at the time included it. I'm not endorsing Destiny's content its just good to post the clip for people to know why JonTron is a racist.

time.com

YouTube Star JonTron Under Fire for Comments on Race and Immigration

And some fans say they can't watch his videos anymore

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
never knew this about NakeyJakey :( pretty gutted to learn this. Always thought he was pretty progressive especially being friends with people like Gus Johnson.

ClockworkOwl

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Drive-By Posting

Yeah, this is pretty disgusting. We're posting personal photos of the man's wedding to shit on him and everyone who attended? Not cool guys.

rustymonk

Oct 28, 2017
thankfully i had unsubbed from nakey jakey ages ago, unsubbed from completionist now too. I only recently discovered him as well and was going through a lot of old stuff.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Jontron discussion should even be in any Games board, because it's been years since he's given a decent video game review.

He lost the plot with his MEMETASTIC celebrity cameos, and his reactions to awkward advertisements and PSAs have ruled the day for god knows how long. Even with his unforgivable dialogue, I lost interest in his stuff regardless.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Jontron discussion should even be in any Games board, because it's been years since he's given a decent video game review.

He lost the plot with his MEMETASTIC celebrity cameos, and his reactions to awkward advertisements and PSAs have ruled the day for god knows how long. Even with his unforgivable dialogue, I lost interest in his stuff regardless.
Being within the same general groups as others who used to watch him or youtubers who might have mentioned it, seems like at some point he stated he no longer would do video games? So yes simple enough to ignore him.

OP
OP
Sacul64

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I never forgot and avoid any of his shit the minute YouTube recommends it to me.

Hit the ... on a recommendation and you can have youtube not recommend that creator anymore.

No, but thanks for this thread.
I didn't know The Completion had some type of association with him. Unsubscribed.

Found out last night hence this topic. It sucks. It makes no sense, when I left a comment on his twitter its all pro BLM and PBG is is filled with police brutality vids like how can they hang with him still?