• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Care to post this response from MS for the OP then? Should be rather easy right?

On June 8th Greenberg said the next digital show is scheduled for July.

So again, today June 22nd, what are you confused about? Where you honestly expecting a digital June event this week?

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
However, I want to hold companies accountable for their promises that's all.

people usually cite this lofty, noble goal when it's in relation to holding companies to their promises around diversity, sustainability, eco-friendliness etc.

Not because they missed out on a blog post or two.

hmm.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I've seen some people mention that Microsoft has put out a few Series X articles this month. With that said, did any of those articles give us new information? I was under the impression that they were basically just info recaps.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Microsoft in a nutshell. They change their mind and their strategy every week, it's hard to trust them.

Yep. Ever since the start of the Xbox One generation their messaging has gone to shit. I understand why many are excited by / rooting for them, but I just don't have the level of trust in them required to buy into a new generation at launch.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to be rude, but considering all the occurrences of June, this thread is in extremely poor taste from my point of view.

What are you talking about ...? They released a series of articles throughout the month so far, adding even more transparency, most importantly to Smart Delivery.

news.xbox.com

Xbox Series X: Buy A Game Once and Play the Best Version Across Generations with Smart Delivery - Xbox Wire

Here at Xbox, we’re building the future of gaming by putting players first and ensuring that you are at the center and in control of your gaming experience. Whether you’re exploring an expansive library of Xbox Game Pass titles with more than 10 million of your fellow gamers or taking your...

news.xbox.com

Everything You Need to Know about Xbox Series X and The Future of Xbox… So Far - Xbox Wire

MORE IMMERSIVE AND RESPONSIVE GAMES FROM THE WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE The Xbox Series X will be the ultimate console for players who want the most immersive games from a device designed, built and optimized for gaming with zero compromises. Powered by our next generation, custom designed...

news.xbox.com

Inside Xbox Series X Optimized: The Ascent - Xbox Wire

When it launches this holiday, Xbox Series X will be the most powerful console the world has ever seen. One of the biggest benefits of all that power is giving developers the ability to make games that are Xbox Series X Optimized. This means that they’ve taken full advantage of the unique...

news.xbox.com

Xbox Series X: Buy A Game Once and Play the Best Version Across Generations with Smart Delivery - Xbox Wire

Here at Xbox, we’re building the future of gaming by putting players first and ensuring that you are at the center and in control of your gaming experience. Whether you’re exploring an expansive library of Xbox Game Pass titles with more than 10 million of your fellow gamers or taking your...

news.xbox.com

Inside Xbox Series X Optimized: Dirt 5 - Xbox Wire

When it launches this holiday, Xbox Series X will be the most powerful console the world has ever seen. One of the biggest benefits of all that power is giving developers the ability to make games that are Xbox Series X Optimized. This means that they’ve taken full advantage of the unique...

news.xbox.com

Capcom Announces Resident Evil Village and Pragmata for Xbox Series X - Xbox Wire

Capcom has been on quite a roll over the last few years, particularly with its critically acclaimed Resident Evil series. By updating classic titles like Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 for the modern era, Capcom gave old fans a great reason to dive back in while welcoming new fans with two...

They never announced a monthly "event". Xbox 20/20 is about a steady, monthly flow of news.

Even towards the very end of May they released an additional and massive article detailing BC on Xbox Series X.

news.xbox.com

Xbox Series X: The Most Powerful and Compatible Next-Gen Console with Thousands of Games at Launch - Xbox Wire

[Update 9/14/20: We’re happy to share that backward compatible titles will be coming to Xbox Series S as well as Xbox Series X. To deliver the highest quality backwards compatible experience consistent with the developer’s original intent, the Xbox Series S runs the Xbox One S version of...

lol, that change in tune.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The June event got delayed to August apparently due to Sony's PS5 event.

But yeah, it's weird to announce monthly events, and then not even bother with one the month after you announce it...
Microsoft in a nutshell. They change their mind and their strategy every week, it's hard to trust them.
Except that in this case they never announced monthly events, so you basically made the confusion yourselves, got disappointed when they didn't do the thing they never promised and now are holding them accountable as not an entity that can be trusted.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Yes, and I'm saying they didn't give any news this month.

Aaron Greenberg even teased something different for June.
Not quite, they have a series of developer interviews talking about developing for SX. Including the Dirt 5 dev that made a claim for the ssd which many here didn't believe it was possible on SX.

There was also other articles clarifying which Smart Delivery is and what it provides, which is also important when everyone was going that smart delivery = cross buy and acting confused as if the messaging was not clear enough.

And apparently this week there's going to be another interview with Jason speaking more on SX architecture.

Would I say that this are all the news I wanted for the month? Hell no. But they haven't really promised anything other than "there's news", and they are keeping the conversation open.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what's happening in Merica
I need my vidja gamez

People got banned on that PS5 delay thread.

OP
OP
CliveLH

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Except that in this case they never announced monthly events, so you basically made the confusion yourselves, got disappointed when they didn't do the thing they never promised and now are holding them accountable as not an entity that can be trusted.
Again, I don't know how they could have emphasized on monthly even more than repeating it 3 times in 3 lines :
Starting with the May 7 episode of Inside Xbox, we will be showcasing what happens next in the world of Xbox, every month, which is why we're calling it "Xbox 20/20." These monthly moments will take place throughout the rest of the year and will be a way for us to engage, connect and celebrate with you about what's in store for the next generation of gaming, including what's next for Xbox Series X, Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud. Every month will bring something different.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
They literally announced about 3 weeks ago that this was not the time to be concentrating on video game releases, and that this was going to delay the June event until later in the year.

You remember, I would imagine, the BLM stuff that is going on? Like, look outside.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again, I don't know how they could have emphasized on monthly even more than repeating it 3 times in 3 lines :

Still pushing the same?

They literally announced about 3 weeks ago that this was not the time to be concentrating on video game releases, and that this was going to delay the June event until later in the year.

You remember, I would imagine, the BLM stuff that is going on? Like, look outside.

OP demands the "transparency", he will not give up until then. Better ring Phil a bell.

Phoenix Down

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony's event was a wake up call for them. They realized that cannot just put anything out there. Honestly it is a massive fail on their part. They should know better by now.

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
They've posted interviews with the developers of The Medium, and Ascent. And they've been releasing info about Smart Delivery (again). Not sure what else they were expected to release but a lot of Xbox fans - myself included - are just waiting on the July event and the REAL gameplay showcase. That's what we want to see. Anything else is secondary until after that July event.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Here's my meager contribution to this discussion.

It's fine that Dirt 5/blogpost/resharing of old content are part of their monthly moments.

But I don't believe MS ever stated them as part of Xbox 20/20.

For example, if they went and said "as part of June's Xbox 20/20, we are revisiting our earlier announcements and doing a developer interview", but I don't believe they said as much.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Sony's event was a wake up call for them. They realized that cannot just put anything out there. Honestly it is a massive fail on their part. They should know better by now.

No, I honestly believe MS had some major announcements to share this month . I think It was pushed because of how well received Sony's conference was. I believe they went back to the drawing board and is trying to make a stronger event for July.

So a rumoured news drop that didn't happen was nonetheless a "massive fail" based on a series of theoretical internal events you believe happened?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my meager contribution to this discussion.

It's fine that Dirt 5/blogpost/resharing of old content are part of their monthly moments.

But I don't believe MS ever stated them as part of Xbox 20/20.

For example, if they went and said "as part of June's Xbox 20/20, we are revisiting our earlier announcements and doing a developer interview", but I don't believe they said as much.
20/20 is the marketing name for the campaign. Wich is now starting all the way until the launch of the console. Its a nice name for a campaign that always happens in the end. Its a mix of events, news, articles and interviews. Every thing about Series X is part of the "20/20" news cycle in the end.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
20/20 is the marketing name for the campaign. Wich is now starting all the way until the launch of the console. Its a nice name for a campaign that always happens in the end. Its a mix of events, news, articles and interviews. Every thing about Series X is part of the "20/20" news cycle in the end.

I see, I assumed there's always *something* monthly that'll be branded as part of 20/20, be it IX, July Event, Press Preview, new blogpost drop or whatnot.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a fan of Xbox so far, I don't know what you're getting at

However, I want to hold companies accountable for their promises that's all.
The promise in question is literally just a minor marketing event. You've been given many good potential explanations for why things might have changed, and are ignoring them all.

Do you also go on a crusade every time WalMart doesn't put out a newsletter about their winter product line-up?

Despite your weird dismissal of the fact that these are tough and unpredictable times, no one else cares this much about this stuff right now.

Phoenix Down

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So a rumoured news drop that didn't happen was nonetheless a "massive fail" based on a series of theoretical internal events you believe happened?

MS thought their May event would be good and it was a MASSIVE misstep. That plus Sony's amazing conference has MS at the drawing board. They have increased pressure to have a great show in July. I'm excited/curious on how things go for them in July using the lessons they learned over the last two months.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Sony's conference was not "amazing". It had a couple of good games that were exclusive and a shot load of bullshit paid for timed exclusive titles. Most of the games I actually felt hype for are coming to Xbox. Ratchet was the best looking game there, not that that's an issue, Ratchet is awesome.

Was it better than the Xbox one? Yes. But the Xbox one was an inside Xbox event and was hyped up wrong, it wasn't supposed to be their equivalent.

If you take out all the fancy and totally pointless cgi playstation symbols, the PlayStation event lasts about half as long. Add disclaimers that90% of the games were multiplatform, and it looks even worse.

The PlayStation event was all slick, for sure, but it wasn't amazing.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
MS thought their May event would be good and it was a MASSIVE misstep. That plus Sony's amazing conference has MS at the drawing board. They have increased pressure to have a great show in July. I'm excited/curious on how things go for them in July using the lessons they learned over the last two months.
Lol, where do you get this stuff? Do your have an internal source at ms that told you they're "at the drawing board"?

I have no doubt ms looked at the Sony event, and the ea one, and others, but there is nothing to imply they're suddenly panicking.

Especially after the mediocre (content wise) ps5 event.

Phoenix Down

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony's conference was not "amazing". It had a couple of good games that were exclusive and a shot load of bullshit paid for timed exclusive titles. Most of the games I actually felt hype for are coming to Xbox. Ratchet was the best looking game there, not that that's an issue, Ratchet is awesome.

Was it better than the Xbox one? Yes. But the Xbox one was an inside Xbox event and was hyped up wrong, it wasn't supposed to be their equivalent.

If you take out all the fancy and totally pointless cgi playstation symbols, the PlayStation event lasts about half as long. Add disclaimers that90% of the games were multiplatform, and it looks even worse.

When you compare it to MS's initial showing of games in May, It was amazing. MS event left a bad taste is a lot of people's mouth. Can MS put on a better show than Sony in July? I hope so!

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

A lot of people on here don't care about what's happening to black people when compared to other issues. You just need to check some of the topics regarding BLM.

Phoenix Down

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol, where do you get this stuff? Do your have an internal source at ms that told you they're "at the drawing board"?

I have no doubt ms looked at the Sony event, and the ea one, and others, but there is nothing to imply they're suddenly panicking.

Especially after the mediocre (content wise) ps5 event.

I don't. It is a logical assumption based off MS admitting they had a misstep in May. Going to the drawing board is not meaning you are panicking. It means they are reevaluating to make sure they get things right in July.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
When you compare it to MS's initial showing of games in May, It was amazing. MS event left a bad taste is a lot of people's mouth. Can MS put on a better show than Sony in July? I hope so!

But thats the issue... That wasn't MS showing their cards like Sony did. Ot was an inside Xbox taster, it wasn't a full on show.

Now July they get to bring the fire... only for Sony to counter with more big games they didn't announce and BC.

It never ends!

Phoenix Down

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But thats the issue... That wasn't MS showing their cards like Sony did. Ot was an inside Xbox taster, it wasn't a full on show.

Now July they get to bring the fire... only for Sony to counter with more big games they didn't announce and BC.

It never ends!

Wasn't some of those games they showed at that MS conference exclusive? They showed some cards. I can't wait to see "the big guns" at the show in July. I am hoping for Fable. I'm certain Sony has more cards to show as well.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017

Those shows are not done in a month two. It is all just speculation at this point.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018

I agree. I think the reason it's regarded so highly is that many games were unannounced previously and that they revealed the console along with it. Don't think Microsoft lost their sleep over what was shown there (apart from the timed exclusive deals perhaps).

Jan 20, 2019

ah no?

They showed 9 games from their own studios, how is that 90% of games multiplatform?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

Well they justified putting the third party showcase in May because there was too much stuff to fit into their other showcase. They didn't set appropriate expectations though and that bit them.