• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
If 2010s Star Trek has proven anything, it's that the people running the ship have a loose understanding of what makes Star Trek ... Star Trek before the first JJ film.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Nah I think JJ is just nerdy for the Beasties and they decided to continue the theme here

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
No. But I will say using the song as they did worked a lot better than young Kirk listening to it while stealing a car.

At least it felt like one of those silly "Like throwing a match in a pool of gasoline" solutions TOS did from time to time.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
beyond was good

if all three of the movies had been like that I would have been happy

instead we got whatever the fuck into darkness was

it makes me sad

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I learned the root word of sabotage today.

beyond was good

if all three of the movies had been like that I would have been happy

instead we got whatever the fuck into darkness was

it makes me sad

Beyond was just a really fun movie. It's a true shame they didn't continue right after it.

After the drubbing Into Darkness got I imagine they would have needed something like First Contact or Voyage Home to bring the masses back. Instead they got... I'm not even sure what Beyond would be best related to insofar as Trek movies go. It's like a straight up solid B+ movie.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
what does a dog know about star trek?
2412d76747fded5d134050e2358477c6.jpg

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
That little ship is a great design. It works well as a predecessor to the nx-1 but doesn't look out of place on the big screen.