• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seriously, is there a legitimate reason why Luis (Michael Pena) wasn't in Endgame? It's well established that he is at least a top 2 character in the MCU, and if fucking Pepper Potts can throw on an Iron Man suit and fly around in the final battle, why can't Luis show up and do... anything? If not fly around shooting rockets, why not include him post snap reversal telling some goofy tale of the time during the snap, or if he was dusted telling us about that? I seriously don't get it and the only explanation I can point to is Disney wanted to cater to anti-immigration MAGA dolts. You could argue that by including the girl power scene, and the gay scene, and also by including black people, that they weren't catering to the MAGA crowd at all, and in fact were shoving it in the face of the MAGA types, but I feel that without representation by the ultimate Trumper boogeyman (People from Mexico and other Mexican countries), that really Disney chickened out when they could have taken in a stand. I mean seriously, they included a kid in the Iron Man funeral scene that no one even recognized or remembered, but couldn't include the #1 most popular character (non superhero division) in the whole Cinematic Universe? It boggles the mind.

I'd really like an explanation, I'm guessing they'll say scheduling conflicts, but I'm sure Pena could have taken a day or two to record one scene and it sure as shit would have made the movie a hell of a lot more entertaining, at least for a few minutes.

Apologies for the spoiler in the title, but I figured spoiling the MAGA fan service is more palatable for most than directly asking something like "Why isn't Michael Pena in Endgame?" which I'm sure people would complain about, similar to the thread of "Nebula has a human character arc" that riled people up, or that post awhile back when someone inferred from a review that Captain Marvel wouldn't have a major role and half the thread had a meltdown.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you're reading waaaay too much into him not being present in the movie. Not everything is about Trump or his rhetoric

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a reach. There's plenty of MCU characters which failed to make the cut for Endgame or only got very minimum screentime, so I wouldn't read much into one actor missing.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
It's a three hour movie already. No, they can't fit in every side character. Especially not a side-kick of a side-kick.

Ant-Man already had a bigger role than he really merited.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
You may be putting too much thought into this. I imagine the reason he didn't appear is far less racially driven.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy, I completely forgot about Michael Peña in Endgame and I like him a lot. I agree that he should have been in it for at least a scene or two but the MAGA stuff? Nah. And to be honest, don't really care about it. I'm sure Disney weren't thinking MAGA related shit by not putting him in the movie.

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
I googled him, and I can't even recall who he is in the marvel universe (Not that my ignorance is proof of anything).

My main point is that Endgame is already extremely dense with all the loose ends that have to be tied up and all the characters that need their place in the sun.
I don't think there is really room for any more people.

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are you guys really arguing that Michael Pena isn't a top character in the MCU, emphasis on character?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Pepper Potts is a pretty significant MCU character that has been around since the first movie. Comparing her to Luis doesn't make any sense. (Fun fact, Paltrow said she wouldn't return to the role unless she got to be a superhero, so...)

The only supporting characters from the Ant-Man movies to appear is the Pym family and Cassie. I don't see how Luis's exclusion can be read as egregious in that context. Am I being trolled?

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
He's one of the best Marvel characters but where would you fit him in. Also he was probably snapped.

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's one of the best Marvel characters but where would you fit him in.

Put him in a suit and let him shoot rockets and wisecrack?

Or like I said, post snap reversal. Credits sequence even. He's a more compelling character than Random Kid from Iron Man 3*.

* Ive never seen Iron Man 3, I just know from the spoiler thread that this kid is as well known to me as people who have seen that movie.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. Michael Pena a top 2 character in the MCU? I watched Endgame and totally forgot about him until I just googled him to see who he was...He was good in Ant Man and the Wasp but he doesn't need to be in any other MCU movies.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I want to facepalm myself so hard that my hand just literally goes right through my fucking face. I can't with this.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess you could also say the same for the myriad of other characters who weren't in Endgame - in fact probably the major MCU actor who should be pissed off is Paul Bettany, and although Ronan is mentioned in passing where is Lee Pace's mention in the credits? None.

So... no. Go back to sleep, OP.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I actually think the total exclusion of Sharon Carter in Infinity War and Endgame is more problematic... considering the only movies she's been in are Winter Soldier and Civil War, which have the same directors and writers, and the last time we see her in Civil War, she shares a very awkward kiss and then disappears after smuggling the Avengers into Europe.

To say nothing of what Cap ends up doing at the end of Endgame...

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess you could also say the same for the myriad of other characters who weren't in Endgame - in fact probably the major MCU actor who should be pissed off is Paul Bettany, and although Ronan is mentioned in passing where is Lee Pace's mention in the credits? None.

So... no. Go back to sleep, OP.

Who is Paul Bettany and Ronan and Lee Pace? I haven't watched all the movies yet so I guess I missed those characters.

Also It's 230 PM...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Put him in a suit and let him shoot rockets and wisecrack?
Why not have almost every random person that's affiliated to any of the characters fly around and shoot rockets?

Or like I said, post snap reversal. Credits sequence even. He's a more compelling character than Random Kid from Iron Man 3.
The kid was a fan nod to Iron Man because, shocker, it's an event based entirely around Iron Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.