• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Console Warring
At the very least, Phill Spencer has given Xbox warriors more ammunition in recent years than Jaffe has given Playstation warriors.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There you go. Thanks for admitting you were wrong.

Lol you really thought saying 90% of the base didn't play god of war was something, when that's exactly what's happening with RedDead 2 Call of Duty, NBA 2k19. All thee most popular paid games only sell up to at most 10-15 million on one system. 🤣🤣🤣 but hey lets say exclusives don't matter because only 10% of the base buys them. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't agree with Jaffe talking about the disabled kid. But we all know what's up when it comes to pure games. That's not even needed to be said

He implied people only play exclusives, it's why he took the fanboy route comparing God of War and other PS4 exclusives to Crackdown 3 and Forza. To no surrpise you're doing the exact same fanboy rhetoric here.

The Xbox One X has hundreds if not thousands of games to play so I'm not sure how we go from thinking only exclusives matter to a disabled kid losing friends because he can't play PS4 exclusives but there it is.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jaffe is the definition of someone who did one thing one time, but should either make another good game or shut up. He's far too smug and vocal for the crap he's released since GOW2.

Unacceptable. I would like to challenge him to a 1v1 of Drawn to Death.

You would singlehandedly increase their DAU 100%!

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say it was a joke, as he so claims, why did he feel the need to bring up Owen?

I hadn't realised MS trying to help disabled gamers had upset some people.

He's not upset, he's saying he feels bad for Owen because Owen now has no one to play with if Owen is an Xbox-only gamer.

It's a stupid thing to say, he's just riffing and it's not funny.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the tweet is not loading so i have no idea what dumb shit he's said this time but there's no reason to be civil with jaffe. he's fucking bad.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's not upset, he's saying he feels bad for Owen because Owen now has no one to play with if Owen is an Xbox-only gamer.

Nobody is going to want to be associated with him anymore. I think he just ruined whatever career he had left.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Not enough people know that Jaffe went full Youtuber

iAS0djg.png

Lmao the thumbnails are amazing.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
David Jaffe has been an absolute bellend for a long while. It's been interesting to watch his careen descend into the deep, and his subsequent attempts by him to claw it back into relevancy.

And I mean, at least the disables person has a console that allows him to play his games as easily as possible. *cough*

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Jaffe is Jaffe. I think he is a knob. He's an ultra-leftist so I thought he would be popular around here, but maybe he does go too far for most.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I'm not sure why Jaffe is even thread worthy. His best game was a mediocre Devil May Cry clone.
See now that's kinda where the bullshit probably need to go away. He is responsible for some old classics whether you want to agree or not. But yeah since those games the guy has released literally nothing of consequence. TMB should be remade though.

Mothballs

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
It's this whole fixation on "platforming" that on the internet one voice can create its own authority and truth in gated communities, and signal boosting it is bad... but personally I also disagree with the idea that someone should be silenced because they have a platform. Not allowing it to be discussed it just seems like you're hiding something to me.

On the flipside it clearly has an effect, most extreme example would be Trump and his twitter account.

If there is one thing I hate more than "platforming" it is the stifling of open discussion.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
If there is one thing I hate more than "platforming" it is the stifling of open discussion.
Well, then Era might not be for you because there's certain things that are given a plaster over the mouth, because they are considered sensitive subjects and will rile up certain people in the community, leaving to bans or warnings.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
He already did that, but there's some money left in the "society passed me by" side of things. I hear Denis Dyack is still working.
Honestly, I don't like when people talk like this. Society passed me by? What reality do you live in to judge and cast that judgement down on people? Why you? What makes you so amazing? You could say the same thing about Jazz players. Shit, we ain't nobody cuz society now listens to dogshit music en masse. Who cares? Get off your throne bud.

Mothballs

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Resetera literally exists to stifle open discussion lol. Not that I care they can do what they want but...

Maybe everyone should band together and show the powers that be that we don't need a nanny telling us what can and can't be discussed! What can they do? BAN US ALL?! WHAT DO YOU SAY MY FELLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!

Brock2621

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I'm not that butthurt about it- it's Jaffe, I mean he tells his audience and all his callers to "F off" literally to their face so I mean... powerful words seem to lose meaning by his flippancy in his mind. I don't disagree with his overall notion that Xbox is in a rough spot ATM though.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Everything about the shit in the OP makes me feel like I time traveled back to the 2000s

Do kids still care about "console wars" anymore? I feel like the only people who care anymore at this point are 35 year old men LARPing on the internet as 14 year olds on GameFAQs.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
He can be relevant again. Maybe not as a cutting edge game director, but all he needs to do is start a podcast or streaming show where he and someone with politics similar to Polygon's argue the entire time. Everyone knows Jaffe is at his best when he's mad, and since he always likes looking for things to get mad at anyway he might as well make it a career move.

A while back there was this famous heated exchange between him and Stephen Totilo from Polygon. When he was streaming recently, someone in chat was interested in a sequel to that I guess since they baited him into an argument and gradually revealed a troll persona designed to be like the progressive journalists who get to him and they duked it out for almost an hour.

I would honestly enjoy a streaming show or podcast where you got a dose of content like that every week lol

Last edited:

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't like when people talk like this. Society passed me by? What reality do you live in to judge and cast that judgement down on people? Why you? What makes you so amazing? You could say the same thing about Jazz players. Shit, we ain't nobody cuz society now listens to dogshit music en masse. Who cares? Get off your throne bud.

Lol

Chill, dude, I was joking, as was Jaffe. I've even half defended him in this thread due to the overreaction.

Jaffe has been out of favor for a while in the industry. That's my actual point. And his statements are more in line with the things Denis Dyack is into.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I don't care about the childish console war, it's a thing since eons and it will never go away. Cringey but harmless. But leave that disabled kid out of your mouth, that special controler must have been a godsend for people in need of this kind of devices. And with gamepass, they have years of good content to play with.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Outside of the idiotic comment about the disabled person which was too far, are people really mad at him for stating that Playstation has the better games?
If he only just stated that he prefers PS4 exclusives over XBOX, then people likely wouldn't care as much. But he unnecessarily framed it around the kid. How Jaffe went about this, was really immature overall. As you seem to somewhat agree. Hopefully you aren't looking for a discussion what platform has the best exclusives in this thread though, that would be bit tone-deaf.