• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

element

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda doesn't matter when all kids are playing is Fortnite. I don't see many 12 year olds talking about the epic story in God of War or the scale of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't want to watch but he claims he was taking the piss so I watched to see if I could tell.

Yeah he's definitely taking the piss in the video. But the part about the kid is too far, even for joking. He could have joked around without that part.

Mothballs

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
We have banned discussion of Boogie1488 and snakeman, why not ban discussion of this knob?

Because we should be able to have discussions about people like that? Why act as if they are the boogie-man. Discuss, pick apart and dissect what it is all about as opposed to just sweeping it under the rug and acting like it doesn't exist. I'm not sure why you are so comfortable with a handful of people picking and choosing what gets to be discussed. Seems kinda authoritarian.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
It's just console warrior fodder which isn't hard to parse out.

The person it's coming from is what makes it maximum corny.

It isn't even good fodder. Like nobody disputes that the ps4 is the most popular console. We are getting new consoles in like 13 months. And speaking as a person who games on xbox first and foremost, I don;t even care if xbox is in first. I think sony being in first pretty much by default is bad for the industry becaue it leads to things like their position on back compat, money hatting, hostility towards mods etc. The industry would be much better served with the two hardcore companies jockeying for position.

Now If I was going to be petty I'd say he'll be eating those words when XGS assimilation is the only thing standing between him and financial ruin- but then I remembered they want good studios.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sounds like someone talking trash online and trying to push someone's buttons. Console war is whatever. White noise.

The part about disability tho 😬

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty sad seeing adults participating in 'console wars', let alone a dev.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I own an xbox one and I feel burned by it. It's a bad feeling. I don't understand why there weren't more first party games released for it. That being said, if the next xbox is better I will surely buy it. I loved the 360.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Not enough people know that Jaffe went full Youtuber

iAS0djg.png
this is the saddest thing I've ever seen

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say it was a joke, as he so claims, why did he feel the need to bring up Owen?

I hadn't realised MS trying to help disabled gamers had upset some people.

It's sad a grown man is doing this. You really have to wonder what went wrong in his life for him to reach this point.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
The fact we're all talking about him and linking to his channel and social media accounts is the very reason he says the outrageous bollocks he does. Don't give him the oxygen of publicity.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I half blame the old school games press treating guys like him like rockstars for this kind of desperate grasping at relevance

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we stop with this 90% of people who own a PS4 don't buy the exclusives? You do know that 90% of that base didn't buy call of duty, and or red dead as well right? There is not a multiplat out here that has sold 20, 30, hell even 50 million copies just on the PS4. So that line doesn't make any sense.

We all know the PS4 has the better games. Why try to even deny it with sales?
You sound a lot like him, good job.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Because we should be able to have discussions about people like that? Why act as if they are the boogie-man. Discuss, pick apart and dissect what it is all about as opposed to just sweeping it under the rug and acting like it doesn't exist. I'm not sure why you are so comfortable with a handful of people picking and choosing what gets to be discussed. Seems kinda authoritarian.
It's this whole fixation on "platforming" that on the internet one voice can create its own authority and truth in gated communities, and signal boosting it is bad... but personally I also disagree with the idea that someone should be silenced because they have a platform. Not allowing it to be discussed it just seems like you're hiding something to me.

On the flipside it clearly has an effect, most extreme example would be Trump and his twitter account.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Grow the fuck up Jaffe. Seriously. You created an amazing IP. You should have ascended after that, not fall into the mud and become a garbage fanboy.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Generally, "of course I wouldn't actually do (bigoted thing)" is not a great defense when asked why you're doing (bigoted thing).

It's a really common defense though. A lot of people feel like things they do are significantly different than what other people do even if their circumstances and execution are both exactly the same.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Oh yeah, remember the time he thought it would be cool to have rape finishing moves in Mortal Kombat?

kotaku.com

Video Game Creators Invent The Darndest Finishing Moves

Kratos, star of God of War games, is apparently coming to the next Mortal Kombat as a "kombatant." What does the man behind the first God of War game think Kratos should do to finish his foes? Fuck 'em, naturally!

Holy fuck. I know Jaffe's an immature man-child but I somehow missed this. What a pathetic piece of shit.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
It feels like Dave Jaffe is a dude who's comfort zone as a voice of the games industry and community is somewhere around 1999-2006. He's not exactly at the peak of relevancy, and despite that there are times where he can be a treasure. For example he'll engage anyone, fan or critic, and have a conversation with them and he's always been that approachable. I wish more game developers had that much transparency with the audience, though based on some of his takes on twitter and his stream you maybe get a better understanding of why it doesn't happen that often lol.

I don't really have any major issues with him though. Seems like he himself knows he's becoming the cranky grandpa of video games and that can be interesting to watch sometimes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He has been going too far for a while now...

Wait, are you telling me the creator of Drawn to Death might be an immature man-child who should probably grow up?

Absolutely baffled that anyone in this industry even gives this dude a moment of consideration anymore. He's got the mentality of an edge-lord teenager.

...and what kind of game Drawn to Death was has nothing to do with that.

Drawn to Death wasn't a great game, but its content has nothing to do with Jaffe's output on his social media.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This is the guy who said "fuck you for being a dick" to Kyle Bosman when Bosman made a joke video about Drawn to Death.

The writing has been all the while for a while, folks.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
User Banned (3 days): platform warring
You sound a lot like him, good job.

There you go. Thanks for admitting you were wrong.

Lol you really thought saying 90% of the base didn't play god of war was something, when that's exactly what's happening with RedDead 2 Call of Duty, NBA 2k19. All thee most popular paid games only sell up to at most 10-15 million on one system. 🤣🤣🤣 but hey lets say exclusives don't matter because only 10% of the base buys them. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't agree with Jaffe talking about the disabled kid. But we all know what's up when it comes to pure games. That's not even needed to be said

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Lame comments from Jaffe.

Lame topic for a thread though. What's the point of the thread exactly? Leave the guy alone, he isn't saying anything *truly* outrageous and, at this point, he's an absolute nobody in the industry except when he says stupid things.