• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
It's so bizarre how this game came and went after the fantastic success of the trilogy remake. Like it makes no sense to me. Did it sell badly? I've seen zero discussion about this game online since release

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It did fine, not gangbusters last NPD

Unless a game is LoU2 levels, single player games don't have forum longevity. Same thing happens with RE3 earlier this year

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
I think it did okay but did not reach Activision's expectations.

I mean,
1) It's coming out in the middle of a pandemic
2) It's a full-priced release in the US (vs $40 for the trilogy) and even pricier in other countries
3) It was released a month before next gen systems came out with no info on any next gen patches or anything.

I'm waiting until I'm done with a few games to pick it up but I'm not entirely surprised.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing it currently, it's absolutely fantastic and I hope they keep making them. Honestly shocked at how much they nailed it!

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to buy it but normally i split costs and no one else wanted the game. $80 was too much an ask for me. Waiting for a sale or something.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Never a huge fan of crash. It looks like but I wouldn't spend more than 30 on it personally. I def want to pick it up but not at full price

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I think it did okay, I've seen plenty of talk about it.

I'm personally waiting a bit to grab it myself because I'm hoping it'll come out on PC at some point and I'd prefer to play it at 60fps if possible.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most people are thinking about the next generation of consoles, and they haven't really said anything in terms of a next GEN upgrade yet

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
It's a great game but I don't think it set any charts on fire, unfortunately.

Give me a Crash Bash remake, Activision

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'm waiting to see if it's coming to Switch. I double dipped for the Trilogy, so I'd like to avoid that this time. Anecdotally I know there are others who feel the same (or are waiting for next-gen versions).

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
People don't have nostalgia for it so it's just another game :D and like the previous Crash 4, Wrath of Cortex it'll be forgotten. Or Crash 5 Twinsanity? Crash 6 Crash of the Titans? Crash 7 Mind over mutant? :D

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nostalgia/hype for the crash trilogy made me get the game and once I played it ..I realized that I didn't really like these type of games anymore so didn't bother to get 4

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also think that the price was a factor why it sold a little bit less.
If you compare it to the Trilogy, 3 games for 40 bucks on release is a crazy good price.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing it rn on xbox and enjoying the hell out of it. I think more people would be talking about it if it came out as a launch game next gen as well tbh but idk how the sales went. I hope it was good enough we get a sequel

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it did okay but did not reach Activision's expectations.

I mean,
1) It's coming out in the middle of a pandemic
2) It's a full-priced release in the US (vs $40 for the trilogy) and even pricier in other countries
3) It was released a month before next gen systems came out with no info on any next gen patches or anything.

I'm waiting until I'm done with a few games to pick it up but I'm not entirely surprised.
The pandemic should be helping, no?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It came out at a weird time. I'm holding off because they haven't announced Smart Delivery support and I'm afraid they're going to sell a XSX/PS5 version separately.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing only on the consoles that will soon be replaced by their next gen versions probably did not help keeping them in the public mindscape.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think it was just poorly timed. I know that personally it's been on my radar but I don't have a lot of interest in picking up new release current gen games right now, I've been holding off for a potential next gen port or a sale - whichever comes first.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Activision decision to sell a fully remade trilogy for 40$ while great for the consumer, probably didnt make Crash 4 @ 60$ looking like a great deal.

If they had sold the trilogy for 60 - I think they should have, I think Crash 4 wouldnt have looked very expensive next to it.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
I can only speak for myself but the lack of HDR hurt my interest, at least at full price. We're past the point of that being optional. As others have said no next gen upgrade plans also hurt.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Tiny the Tiger was not playable. That's the only logical explanation for the games underperformance.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Activision decision to sell a fully remade trilogy for 40$ while great for the consumer, probably didnt make Crash 4 @ 60$ looking like a great deal.

If they had sold the trilogy for 60 - I think they should have, I think Crash 4 wouldnt have looked very expensive next to it.

Or they could sell both at $40.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I guess that's the difference between the marketing that a publisher can provide at it's own cost vs the marketing a platform holder can offer, the visibility is so much larger

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bad timing, next gen around the corner, no next gen patch/update/new version announced... That's it. Ill buy the PS5 version.

Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
I guess it did fine, just not in line with the crazy success of the trilogy and kart remakes. I think not prioritising the Switch was a mistake.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah its amazing game that released at a bad spot on the NPD reports as it should have been in the later months but they put it on the previous ones when it was only out for a few days.

With the pandemic they were hit but more than likely sales for a game like this will pick up around Christmas. Itll have legs, just didn't have an amazing start.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No Switch version is pretty baffling, and I have multiple friends waiting for it, on top of the next gen timing. I bought it on my PS4 pro a few weeks after launch, and while I largely think it's pretty good I'm also not enthralled with it

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Personally, with the PS5 coming out, I'd much rather wait for PS5 SKU's to be announced or next gen patches with things like 60fps announced before buying it. Plus the price is too steep, even with the flash sale. I have other games to work through so I can wait.