• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Not every major character, but pretty damn close

Votes: 122 49.8%

• Total voters

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Person of Interest is the only other show I have seen scored like Batman The Animated Series.
God I love that style, adds loads of character

Root's and Elias' theme both remind me of TAS music even

Person of Interest is not-so-secretly the best Batman show ever.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I just disregard people who say Gotham because that show was started ok and went down the drain with record speed.

I'm opposite, the show started out terrible because they kept turning to the audience and winking in regards to "we know this is a show about Batman". Remember when the Joker was supposed to be in every episode in one way or another? All those allusions really bogged the show down until they just made it dumb fun in the second season. It's an Elseworld Tale brought to the small screen.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batman: The Brave and the Bold had the best batman.
giphy.gif

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
B:tAS is a terrible adaptation of Tim. Young Justice's version ain't great, but it's better than that.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
TAS had Bruce and Barbara in a relationship so I'm gonna say there have definitely been better incarnations of those characters.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love most things about Batman TAS but Catwoman is not among them.

Julie Newmar is still the best Catwoman. Her episodes of Batman 66 are amazing.

TenseScentedEmperorpenguin-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_p5y30fyMOg1wzvt9qo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Not sure about Bane or Tim
Batman and Batgirl ruins it though and sad how he and Dick never reconcile
Other than that, spot on

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
BTAS was great but it definitely didn't have the top versions of Catwoman, Robin, or Penguin. Penguin in particular suffers from their inability to ignore the awful Batman Returns version.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Yep. This. And best Alfred, Gordon and Bullock also.

Gotham also had one hell of a Joker(s), but Mark Hamill just can't be beaten.
Gotham had the best Bullock? I stopped watching after season 2 but Bullock didn't come across as dirty or sleazy. Ethically Compromised arguably like a bad cop who played fast and loose with rules but not a sell out to the mob.