• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason this kitchen gadget popped up in my head last night and was thinking where is mine located at since we moved two years ago. I know it is somewhere in the garage or shed.

So anyway did anyone else fall for hype around this and do you still use it?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Every day. We love it. (no syrups or additives, esp. not the packets sold alongside it -- just plain ol' freshly made soda water)

(occasionally with a shot of gin or whiskey :p)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I have one, stopped using it after a month. The flavors always tasted mediciney.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Had one years ago. We stopped using it after the flavours disappeared from the shops shelves.

Oct 28, 2017
Even knowing it almost killed Thanos?
black-widow-red-in-myhkkx6.gif

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i started using mine more since shelter in place started. Diet Dr. Pete is not as good as Diet Dr. Pepper, but it's a lot easier to carry home from the store

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I use mine every day. Just for soda water, no flavours. Tried the Diet Cola from soda stream and it was trash

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
I use mine a few times a week, making homemade schorle (basically a mix of apple juice and carbonated water) when I feel like having a bit of sprutzen in mein mund

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i had one. didn't feel like getting the co2 tanks refilled. so we just chunked it.

jk
there were other reasons but this was ages ago.

did they improve the bottles? i think the Stainless steel or aluminum? ones were okay. it was just the cap and bottom that were a different material.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We have one of the cheaper models that accepts the 120L cylinder. It's ugly but it does the job.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, use it every day. Some flavors are absolute garbage but I find the Diet Root Beet and Caffeine Free Diet Cola are pretty good. Regular Cola tastes awful.

Problem is our Target isn't doing the CO2 exchanges (or at least wasn't three weeks ago) and I'm on my last cartridge..

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I had one, it was a gift. I used for quite a while but was not that comfortable with the whole pressurized gas thing and got rid of it in the end.

Also the flavors were fine but I found made slim to none difference to me with the bubbles. I could just as well, just mix it and skip the whole CO2 thing. Pearls before swine in my case.

Oct 27, 2017
Never use the flavours but me and my partner drink a fuckoad of soda water with lime.

Haven't been able to refill the CO2 in ages unfortunately.

OP
OP
Jarrod38

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
If I can't find mine might buy a new one. Does everyone exchange their C02 or do it yourself hacks?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Had but stop using over time. The flavors suck and when they had an ok one they would eventually make it suck later. The Pepsi@home was also decent but hard to get and overly expensive (just cheaper to buy a bottle of Pepsi on sale).

Sadly the one that hurts for me is I actually liked my keurig cold before that flopped hard, some of the flavors where actually good. I wish they could redesign it to be more like the fancy coke machines and not expensive single use pods. :(

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
We used to abou 5 years ago and we almost never used it. Used it like 10 times total.

And now in quarantine I'm hooked on club soda / water withj gas because we have it at work... and now I want my soda stream back. I'm pretty sure I sent it to Goodwill when we moved or had a renovation a couple years back.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do y'all use the official flavoring/syrups? I use basically any water sweetener, both powder and syrups(Mio brand in particular)

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I want one, but have no idea how refilling them actually works. You can just take them to Walmart and have them do it?

there's a CO2 cylinder that you simply unscrew and you'll take that to the store and give it to them and they give you a new, full one and you get a slight discount with the trade.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Had a friend who had one, tried it a few times. It was fine but I don't see the value in it for myself.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Haven't used mine in a while - I need a new bottle as I gather they have an increased risk of exploding past expiry.

It's great for making carbonated water, though. Some of their syrups are okay, and you can also use pretty much whatever else you want, but it's really only cost effective for plain old sparkling water.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I drink a lot of diet soda so I've always considered getting one but never pulled the trigger.

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
Love it. Use it for carbonated water, but the kids are beside themselves with excitement when we make "homemade soda".

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
It's part of my kitchens for like 20 years. But I live in a sparkling water country, soooo ist basically an essential when you don't want to have a mSsive amount of bottles with deposits sitting around.

I never use the soda mixing stuff.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Just looked up the machine. And I don't see the point of having the machine? Just buy some carbonated water guys and add your soda flavoring.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I used the shit out of mine for a good decade, drinking at least one bottle of carbonated water per day.

I stopped using it recently though, I transitioned to drinking regular water because it was cheaper, easier and more readily available. Trading in those canisters was such a huge pain because half the time the people didn't know how to properly do the trade in.

I never ever used it for soda other than making the odd cocktail mix for guests.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I use it. Never with any flavor mix stuff though, just carbonated water.