• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Topics

• Yes.

Votes: 64 35.0%
  • No.

Votes: 119 65.0%

• Total voters

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. It was just a machine. Never get emotionally attached to a machine.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No because it perfectly illustrates everything that makes 2 inferior to the original.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That typo in the title is killing me

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I never got the impression they wanted to portray the Terminator as the replacement dad for John Connor or as an actual real friend, they only hinted at it. It was very light on the water works front. When Sarah tried to kill the tech dude she thought was responsible for creating Skynet, that was a more impactful scene than the end, still not tears worthy tho!

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Yes...what a delightful ending.
V37HlA4.png

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Didn't cry- but T3 did leave me with abit of a lump in my throat. The revelation that judgement day could not be avoided, with the scene of nukes being launched, and the haunting last score - made for a good ending to an average movie

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
No, the most emotion I felt with Terminator 2 was wishing that squeaky kid would shut up. Still a good movie, but damn.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm a sucker for tearjerker farewells ... but T2 no not in the slightest. as near perfect as the movie is i think it's a little hamfisted in fact, not like T800 had a terrible amount of paternal bonding time with john. but just a very minor quibble, the movie pulled it off fine

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cried. I guess while I had nightmares from T1 in T2 I viewed the Terminator kind of like a super hero or something. I looked up to that character. I was younger than 10 at the time so my world was more fragile then.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. Crazy that one of the greatest action movies ever can make me cry at the end.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Went to an arnie all nighter in the Prince Charles cinema in London. They ended with t2 and every one was exhausted but man did everyone get second wind for t2.

I think ending got everyone because it was a marrothon to legend that is the terminator.

Best ending to an action film ever.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Something about machines behaving as humans...

To me it's up there in the company of Bishop getting attacked by the xenomorph queen and Wall-E getting crushed.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
When I first saw it in theaters I did. Any kind of surrogate parent/child sacrificial situation always wrecks me in film.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I didn't cry but this movie still managed to make me care more about a damn robot than other movies do about real people.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It never occurred to me that anyone would, and I cry like a baby at the most minor things in tv and film

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is there an active factory with no workers in it?

Also, why couldn't he just stay in the population and blend in with the humans?
If the evil Terminator from T1 and/or the T-1000 from T2 completed their mission, wouldn't it be what they would have done (blend in the population), since Terminators can't self-destruct?

Oct 25, 2017
It was always a somber moment but exactly once it caught me at the right time and a tear was shed.

I have read rumors that the ending of Dark Fate is also fairly emotional, but whether that's actually true remains to be seen. One would hope that a terminator movie might have actual human emotions again, but I'm hesitant to believe it. By this time next week we should have a few opinions out in the wild. I've got that OT all ready to go for the 20th.