• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
You've enabled that person to continue doing what they do when you could wait a few weeks and a get a PS5 then.

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
This gen especially makes no sense to give in to scalpers. No games so far have come out that are true next gen exclusives. Just wait.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I bought two series x consoles at launch and sold one to a coworker at regular cost. Making someone happy is worth more to me then netting some extra cash.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
£800....holy shit OP.....lol.
It's your money though.
I'm just gonna wait till the new year when I can get one easier and there have been a few firmware updates.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I pre ordered a second Series X and let my brother have it at cost when he couldn't get a pre order.

Fuck scalpers. Don't fund them.

rein

Apr 16, 2018
Not only I will never buy from a scalper, I will wait for the PS5 slim along with the eventual price drop.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
I've had 3 consoles so far. One for me, one for a friend, the 3rd arrived this morning and is for the friends son for Christmas. But friend just told me that his son is all excited because they're selling for £1200 on Amazon. I'm kind of hesitant to give it to him now

art_vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
I paid an extra $100 for my PS5. No way I would've paid much more than that, but I don't feel bad about it at all.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't do it personally. Also would be more angry if I got a unit that's having those coil whine issues.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
Double the price just because you can't wait a month or two. Sorry dude, I can't do anything but laugh.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP why the fuck would you pay almost double to get the PS5 when it's release schedule is extremely poor. In 6 months its still gonna be Demons Souls and thats really it.
No..... what are you talking about? Deathloop, GT7, Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and more are all coming first half 2021

On topic: I would never just based on the principle of the matter.

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California
I know this may get some scrutiny here, but I did get an extra PS5 disc version that a friend backed out of purchasing from me at retail price. Once I saw the resale market, I decided to sell it on eBay (might as well offset the cost of my own). I auctioned on eBay and a buyer paid $1,025 USD for it. Since he was in the same state, he paid nearly $100 in taxes, and he even asked me to overnight it for an additional $120. I was absolutely shocked that some dude could just drop $1250 on a $499 MSRP console, but that painted a pretty clear picture to me that the scalpers market can be a gold mine if you put in the hustle. There's clearly a subset of people with money enabling the market.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Damn,after looking at this thread I jumped on Ebay to see the PS5's for sale....there are so fucking many over priced consoles on there.....fuck me,no wonder no one can get hold of one....fuck these arseholes,lol.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of.. my pre-order wasn't going to arrive in 2021 (I pre-oredered in april 2020, Europe), a collegue of mine had an extra console because he ordered both disc and later digital version, he asked if anyone wanted the disc version but wanted extra for it, first he wanted about $115 on top of the retail price but we did some negotiating and I got it for about $60 on top of the retail price in the end.

Personally if I was in his shoes I would not have asked anything extra I would just help a friend or collegue get theirs but the $60 was worth it to me personally getting a console this year.

You secured the 2022 edition?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah OP is part of a shitty problem.

Also wild you're willing to pay almost double rather than wait a few weeks/months.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
no, i got a launch console but i sold it to my friend at cost bc i'm not a kid who can't make good money through skillful means anymore. i could've afforded to keep it and i'll get one eventually most likely but eh, world markets have been on fire the past few months and $500 invested can grow so much rn, pretty much everything i want to play is on last gen anyway so i'm in no rush until a killer app comes out like bloodborne 2 or something (like with the 4, never planned to buy one then bloodborne came out and i needed it day 1)

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I just paid £800 for one just there. I feel very stupid but I just couldn't be patient for some reason. Honestly these scalpers suck. Did anyone else buy one from a scalper?

No one I know of has done this, but the choice is yours. Scalpers are fairly scummy, but you are the one that makes the value choice on whether paying them the inflated price is worth it or not, based on how much you want it now over waiting on availability.

You've made the choice regardless, and so long as you receive it as expected in the timeframe you expected, then that's that.

Personally i don't know of anything that would make me do that, and pay over an RRP. I just don't care enough about being first / having something now

art_vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I could see someone paying up to an extra 200. But double the price is insanity.

Yeah, I think 200 would be my personal cut off, but it depends how much money you have and how much the thing is worth to you. Insulting the OP because they deemed it worth whatever price is pretty lame. Particularly when a company having more stock and/or making the preorder process easier would solve some of the issue.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I think 200 would be my personal cut off, but it depends how much money you have and how much the thing is worth to you. Insulting the OP because they deemed it worth whatever price is pretty lame. Particularly when a company having more stock and/or making the preorder process easier would solve some of the issue.
I guess what's the price of convenience I guess.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Serious question. If i bought 3 PS5's but sold the two i was not keeping to family for cost + tax, no extras, does that make me a scalper?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. And if I hadn't secured one on launch day I was prepared to wait until "mid 2021 " (as ppl were saying) to get one. Fuck scalpers.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Not related to ps5 but I was almost part of the problem. I had offers to sell my Xbox series x for $1000 and I was tempted to sell but I decided to keep it. I realized it was too greedy of me to sell it.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up selling my Digital Edition for a little over € 1000,-. I pre-ordered it to be sure that I would be able to get it, but the closer launch got, the less interested I became in the launch games. Without that there was no reason to keep it and seeing the prices they were going for only made the choice easier to sell it.

I think it's really crazy people pay this much, but in this case I don't feel bad because I sold mine to someone who drives a luxury car and said he could afford it no problem. Most of all I originally bought it for myself and bought only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.