• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I just paid £800 for one just there. I feel very stupid but I just couldn't be patient for some reason. Honestly these scalpers suck. Did anyone else buy one from a scalper?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it depends if an extra 300 is worth not waiting for a couple of months. For me lol no way, I would never buy electronics over retail price. It's not that important to me. My wife would probably crucify me to be honest 😰

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I myself would not pay more than what it's retailing for at stores.
I have got a feeling we may see a few restocks this year 🙏 I hope so at least

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why not just wait for more units to become available? I will always be baffled of this FOMO culture.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Seeing as it's already expensive, and a luxury product, I'll never pay more than the MSRP. If someone wants to pay out the ass for it, well, it's their choice to do so, but it really makes it tough for those of us that don't want to support bottom-feeding scalpers.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
You are the problem.

I don't want to be harsh OP but... this. You are a big part of the problem. Stock will keep coming in the coming months, let these scalpers starve. Remember, a lot of these scalpers are what stops thousands of people from enjoying their next-gen entertainment, including yourself. Also you just paid double the price, that's crazy. I feel you even got a terrible deal with that scalper.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Dude. You paid an additional £350 for a £450 console that will be widely available in a matter of months. Dude.

AristoCat

Oct 27, 2017
Good for you if you have the money to do so, but giving money to a scalpers is really what's causing the issue in the first place.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Absolutely not. I'd sooner pick up a Series S with that money. All overpriced consoles should be left to devalue to MSRP until the scalpers' delight turns to ashes in their mouths.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
You can do what you want with your money OP, but the honest answer is that that was unwise and your subconscious is telling you that so you're trying to look for some reassurance to not feel that way and ignore that nagging feeling.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Scalpers only exist if people give them business.

If it were in person I'd definitely be unable to talk shit as I left.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
No I don't pay scalpers. In fact sold a friend's brother a spare PS5 Digital at cost after they had trouble securing one rather than delve into being a scalper and asking for extra

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck no. It's not even like it has any must-plays right now, so why would you support this malfeasance?

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
No. I would never pay a premium, no matter how large or small the amount. It just continues to encourage and reward their behavior.

Ultimately its up to each of us to decide how much they value getting a ps5. If you got the money, and you think its worth it, dont look back. But you're part of the problem, and it's why the practice continues to thrive.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I mean, if someone wants to make $50 or something.. then sure. I'd probably do it. I don't understand why someone would pay hundreds more for something that isn't even discontinued.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
You are reason those people do what they do. I would rather wait a year instead of paying 300 more than I have to. Imagine how many games that would be in 1 year.

Oct 28, 2017
You wanted it, you bought it. It's your choice man and nobody elses business but yours what price you paid, I just hope you didn't get into debt to do it.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Kind of.. my pre-order wasn't going to arrive in 2021 (I pre-oredered in april 2020, Europe), a collegue of mine had an extra console because he ordered both disc and later digital version, he asked if anyone wanted the disc version but wanted extra for it, first he wanted about $115 on top of the retail price but we did some negotiating and I got it for about $60 on top of the retail price in the end.

Personally if I was in his shoes I would not have asked anything extra I would just help a friend or collegue get theirs but the $60 was worth it to me personally getting a console this year.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
In the end it's up to you if it's worth it OP. I don't recommend supporting scalpers but I don't judge those that do.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I had an eBay voucher for a 20% discount last week, and it brought down the cost of a scalped system to retail value - so I considered it.
But I don't want to contribute to the problem, and imagine if you ended up with a system which suffers from coil whine, fan noise, drive noise, or dies within the first couple of years for some other reason, and you're out of luck with no warranty because you bought it second-hand.

Nov 4, 2017
Thieves and scalpers are just people trying to make a dollar. Whatever. It's too much effort and risk for me, so I guess in fortunate. But privileged, entitled jerks who buy these aftermarket consoles at escalated prices are the ones who cause the problem. Boo hoo, you're too rich and important to wait like everybody else. Absolute scumbags.

MrWilson

Jun 11, 2019
I bought two incase my sister wanted one for her kids this christmas. Turns out she didnt so i sold it to my brother in law for the cost price. Hate the scalping of anything,let alone a games console. Some poor kid is gonna miss out on one because of these idiots

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, keep encouraging scalpers by buying from them.

Dudes, if you can't find a PS5 right now, it's OK, Sony has yet to polish the kinks that are surfacing at launch. It'll be worth it to wait a few weeks.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thieves and scalpers are just people trying to make a dollar. Whatever. It's too much effort and risk for me, so I guess in fortunate. But privileged, entitled jerks who buy these aftermarket consoles at escalated prices are the ones who cause the problem. Boo hoo, you're too rich and important to wait like everybody else. Absolute scumbags.
Lmao

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I posted a thread before launch asking if anyone was buying from a scalper and the overwhelming majority said no. Unfortunately that can't reflect the actual market as there are tons for sale on ebay which are actually selling.
The fomo is real and someone made some good cash out of you for it

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Scalpers are leeches, shouldn't be supporting them. Let them rot with their garage full of consoles.

OP, I feel like you made a huge mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.