• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
The Battlefield twitter account was gone for awhile then it came back up and they posted that tweet, I think it's nothing and just referencing that lol

(Still holding out the rumors are true though and that the second tweet is hinting something though.)

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the BF3 vs MW3 arguments during high school. Those were the days.
6hcw.gif

edit: This is also funny because I'm too old to find and post the correct gif

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
This was well known. No news here.
At least they can't fuck up with a game that was a success

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Can we get BF3 on Switch?
Regardless it'd be cool if it came back anyway. I'm not usually into MP fps's but I loved it back in the day, modern BF's just arnt as good.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the rumor say that the remaster would release alongside the next mainline BF? If so, there's no reason for them to announce this until next year....unless they're dropping it this fall to fill the gap year....

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
"I'm fucked up, but I'm up" is probably the state of whatever BF game they release next.

I used to look forward to a new BF game, but the last good one in my opinion is BC2, and I was already skeptical at that point.
How I miss the original BF2 and 2142.

I'd be more than happy if the game turns out great, but I will be hard to convince giving EA any more money after they ruined DICE.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I want the Battlefield 3 remaster more than anyone but...
1) That first tweet is replying to the account going down.
2) The second tweet...

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I don't think a BF3 is coming.
But we'll totally get news on a new Battlefield very soon

I don't know if you follow JackFrags, but this guy put out some videos doing a retrospective of every battlefield. A couple of days ago he finished with Battlefield V, and the ending of the video pretty much confirms a new announcement soon. He must know by now.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
No Battefront or Battlefield this year... this means we gotta be getting BF3 right? Throw us a goddamn bone EA, either BC2 or BF3

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy a remaster in a heartbeat, I never got to play bf3 in 64 player matches, nor did I get to really play around with the dlc (they seemed very cool though, close quarters and the post-earthquake dlc were fun from what I played)

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Hands down the best game in the series. It better no be a half ass attempt.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Regarding Battlefield, Jackfrags did a series of videos the last couple of weeks remembering all recent BF games, and the end of the last video is a bit cryptic...

Probably some BF annoucements coming soon. Maybe BF3 Remaster plus a teaser for the next Battlefield?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Waaaait, whaaat?

I'd love a remaster, BF3 had the best gameplay IMO. But will it be released instead of BF6 next year?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kinda hope the EA PLAY addition to Game Pass means we will get updates of the various games, including BF3.

Philosopher

Sep 5, 2018
Although BF4 had a worse launch, I regard BF4 as the goat BF. BF4>BF3>BFBC2>BF2>>>>>all other garbage BFs combined. That being said, sign me up!

Flash

Oct 27, 2017
Although BF4 had a worse launch, I regard BF4 as the goat BF. BF4>BF3>BFBC2>BF2>>>>>all other garbage BFs combined. That being said, sign me up!
I think BF4 is more polished. BF3 has better and more legendary maps. Also death animations in BF3 are at 30fps and it's super annoying to look at.

It's a toss up tbh.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This would be tremendously boring. I already played this game years ago. Remasters are a plague I tell you.
If this actually happens, they need to at least add more dinosaur.