• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Dice are incompetent now. Battlefield V is a major failure. It's a buggy, glitchy, boring, mess. It barely works and DICE keeps making stupid decisions with it. For example, they recently changed the TTK again after doing that the first time and apologizing for it. They just keep making dumb mistakes.

After Battlefield 1 and now this game, they've shown that they should not make Battlefield: Bad Company 3. Or at least not this side of DICE.

DICE once admitted that they can't understand what people liked about Bad Company 1 and 2. They don't get why people love them so much. Should developers who can't get why people like their own games, make a sequel to those beloved games? No they shouldn't.

Current DICE shouldn't make Bad Company 3. They'll only ruin it. Just make Battlefield VI.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, I'm thoroughly convinced that DICE is spent when it comes to Battlefield. It's time to hand it off or let it die and I say that as a devoted franchise fan since BF 1942.

Oct 31, 2017
BC2 is my favorite game in the entire franchise. That one hooooooked me hard. BF3 got me pretty good but that's because it was right after BC2. 4 I played for a month. 1 I skipped. V I played for two weeks and hated it. All I've wanted is a return to the BC series but I agree that it wouldn't deliver.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
BC2 is the last one that really got it's hooks into me, BF4 was pretty fun post launch but still didn't match BC2s chaotic fun

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I do not believe Dice is incompetent at all, I think they've been mismanaged and told to make a new game on a yearly basis that meets certain monetary requirements and recurring content timelines leaving little time to actually build on their strengths and fix issues that arise. I think it's clear Dice can make a great game but looking at nearly every other studio under EA it's clear that each studio is facing issues under their current structure, I believe nearly all problems can be traced to Andrew Wilson I don't think it's a coincidence that the moment a team gets the freedom they deserve on their own project they are instantly putting out a hit, speaking about Respawn of course.

Of course that's my opinion just looking from the outside but yea, do studios have problems sure but every studio began to have issues at the same time

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah.. I haven't cared about the idea of a Bad Company 3 for some time. Kind of what happens when you skip an entire generation without an entry.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants current DICE to try their hand at a new multi-player-focused IP. The current team has shown they struggle with nailing Battlefield and Battlefront these days. So just start on something new and fresh. Then return to Battlefield down the road.

Granted it feels like the blame for their recent titles being released in unfinished states also falls at EA's feet as well. Maybe if they were given 3-4 years to make a game they could come up with something amazing again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I do not believe Dice is incompetent at all, I think they've been mismanaged and told to make a new game on a yearly basis that meets certain monetary requirements and recurring content timelines leaving little time to actually build on their strengths and fix issues that arise. I think it's clear Dice can make a great game but looking at nearly every other studio under EA it's clear that each studio is facing issues under their current structure, I believe nearly all problems can be traced to Andrew Wilson I don't think it's a coincidence that the moment a team gets the freedom they deserve on their own project they are instantly putting out a hit, speaking about Respawn of course.

Blaming it all on EA. Makes sense.

I guess I should blame all of the issues with COD MW on Activision.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Blaming it all on EA. Makes sense.
Not just EA as an overall company but EA as a policy maker on their studios, people they hire for management, we know EA is actually pretty great at a lot of stuff as well, like treatment of their employees. Their is a reason Capcom is doing so well right now, Sony is doing so well right now, they don't stop creativity and when they find a working formula they stick with it, they aren't chasing every market trend.

Edit: I see you edited your post so I'll add that of course you can't blame Activision for every issue with cod but you can blame them for forcing a new game every year, which is stressing the hell out of Treyarch for example who just randomly found out they have 1 less year to make a game, and will be making Black Ops 5 for next year, or blame them for the fact like 5 teams have become Call of Duty workhouses rather than getting a chance to put out their own game.

Last edited:

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
If we can't have Bad Company 3, we should at least get Bad Company 2 remaster.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's obvious the issues with DICE lie at key management and decision making positions in the company.

The vast majority of the creative and skilled staff at DICE are geniuses. But the stuff they are put to work on are absolutely baffling. Like, you don't get decisions like what has been done with games like EA Battlefront and Battlefield V without someone very high up in the company being completely inappropriate for their job.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Dice are incompetent now. Battlefield V is a major failure. It's a buggy, glitchy, boring, mess. It barely works and DICE keeps making stupid decisions with it. For example, they recently changed the TTK again after doing that the first time and apologizing for it. They just keep making dumb mistakes.

After Battlefield 1 and now this game, they've shown that they should not make Battlefield: Bad Company 3. Or at least not this side of DICE.

DICE once admitted that they can't understand what people liked about Bad Company 1 and 2. They don't get why people love them so much. Should developers who can't get why people like their own games, make a sequel to those beloved games? No they shouldn't.

Current DICE shouldn't make Bad Company 3. They'll only ruin it. Just make Battlefield VI.
People loved bad company 2 because it wasn't call of duty And let you do more than just shoot.

Problem is now there are tons of COD alternatives

But yeah

#dontrevivemebro

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I used to be very excited about the prospects of a Bad Company 3, but no more. DICE has fallen off a cliff for me this past generation.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Man, Bad Company 2 is the only Battlefield-ish game I could ever actually get into. I would love another one if they could reproduce that magic.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the decisions on Battlefield V are baffling. The reveal, the marketing, the ui, the ttk, changing things shortly after release instead of letting it breathe. Someone over there REALLY wants this to be COD so they want that market share and are making dumb decisions. They don't seem to be innovating anymore and are stuck just trying to keep up as everyone else passes them by. The art for the most part is still good though.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
This is like saying BioWare shouldn't make Kotor 3 lol. Why do we need to worry about a dev making a new entry in a series that is essentially dead to them?

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Some of the decisions on Battlefield V are baffling. The reveal, the marketing, the ui, the ttk, changing things shortly after release instead of letting it breathe. Someone over there REALLY wants this to be COD so they want that market share and are making dumb decisions. They don't seem to be innovating anymore and are stuck just trying to keep up as everyone else passes them by. The art for the most part is still good though.

Which is odd because Battlefield found most of its success when it was differentiating itself from CoD, not trying to imitate it.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
What's up with that hatefull post ? As of today, Battlefield V is awesome. It wasn't, I agree, but not it is. They worked hard to bring Battlefield back, and they succeed. Iwo Jima is something guys

But, of course, if you're playing with the mind of "it's so bad", you won't enjoy it

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Man, some of this is borderline toxic.
calling people 'incompetent' because they changed the TTK in the game. Really?

If you want the game to improve, provide feedback in a constructive manner. Not this.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
DICE shouldn't make another Battlefield until they have their vision straigtened out. Its straight up been a mess after BF4.

If you want the game to improve, provide feedback in a constructive manner. Not this.
Its more than the TTK, and feedback has been given constuctively in droves. Even before this TTK it was ignored.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield V had a rocky launch (but not nearly as rocky as BF4's) but now its the best Battlefield game in the last 9 years. Yes, better than BF4 and BF3.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
The reason DICE says they don't understand why people liked Bad Company 2 so much is because it was a game made with the limitations of the consoles in mind. Those consoles couldn't handle the mainline Battlefield games and so they made a bunch of concessions to make one work on those consoles.

With consoles that can now handle the mainline series what does a modern Bad Company game look like? Now that console players have played a full fledged Battlefield game will they want one with less player count, less vehicle options and more of an infantry focus?

For me, I see no reason to bring back the Bad Company series now that everyone can play the mainline series. And if DICE did bring it back I hope it be in name only because I don't want a smaller Battlefield game I want to see the series go bigger.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
The reason DICE says they don't understand why people liked Bad Company 2 so much is because it was a game made with the limitations of the consoles in mind. Those consoles couldn't handle the mainline Battlefield games and so they made a bunch of concessions to make one work on those consoles.

With consoles that can now handle the mainline series what does a modern Bad Company game look like? Now that console players have played a full fledged Battlefield game will they want one with less player count, less vehicle options and more of an infantry focus?

For me, I see no reason to bring back the Bad Company series now that everyone can play the mainline series. And if DICE did bring it back I hope it be in name only because I don't want a smaller Battlefield game I want to see the series go bigger.
Thats the thing everything after BF3 lost focus and tried to do far too much to push the boundaries and started becoming diluted with a bunch of gimmick features.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Just get some devs who can design better maps. Like, the only map in Battlefield 5 that is good is Iwo Jima and it took them 2 years.

Then I don't care if it's BC, BF6 of 2143.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
BFV obviously has some issue, most likely because of the time (or lack thereof) DICE had to work on it.
They most definitely should do a new BF, but at least work on it for another two years or something.
Maybe let another developer do a remake of an older entry in the meantime.
Also: there was nothing wrong with BF1. That game was excellent.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
People loved BC2 because it had great maps, fantastic destruction and fun gameplay.

You could also do this on Arica Harbour

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Yeah, Dice has gone downhill since BF3.. I used to be a huge BF fan but I couldn't care less about their next BF games. And yeah, they souldn't make BC3 because they're gonna fuck it up somehow, just like everything they make.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
What made BC2 so successful I think is that the main game mode in MP was Rush so everthing was focused to make this game mode great.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
BFV obviously has some issue, most likely because of the time (or lack thereof) DICE had to work on it.
They most definitely should do a new BF, but at least work on it for another two years or something.
Maybe let another developer do a remake of an older entry in the meantime.
Also: there was nothing wrong with BF1. That game was excellent.
BF1 was the start of the plummet. It was one of the worst Battlefield games in everywhere other than launch stability. Game had less features, more distracting and meaning less bloat, terrible vehicle balance and awful map design.

ZeroNr

Oct 20, 2019
Not a heavy player, but played all until BF 1. It feels the game lost its identity. They tried to make the game faster, but i think it didnt work. Like removing the possibility to take off the plane from 3 to 4. May be a little detail to some, but for me that played hours in planes in 3, it was a deal breaker. Also dont like the clean UI that started in 1. Bad Company 2 is the template they should aim if they want to make maps with a smaller scope, because that game was fun as hell. Now for the main series, just return to the roots with a game like BF 1942.

Actually if they remade Bad Company 2, BF 1942 and BF 2 with modern graphics and little adjustment to gunplay i bet they would be more well received than BF V.

GhostofWar

Apr 5, 2019
The rush maps in bf3,bf4 and bf1 make me think a game that is predominantly about rush maybe aint a good idea anymore.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I wouldn't go that far to say DICE is incompetent but I would be lying if I say I'm excited about their next project.
If Bad Company 3 is announced today I would be extremely cautious and concerned, and definitely will not jump in on day one.

I've been a massive fan since the Battlefield 3, BFF, LevelCap days. Honestly the franchise has been going down hill ever since.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I've been disappointed with every Dice game starting with Hardline. Not at all a fan of the streamlining that's happened.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
What's up with that hatefull post ? As of today, Battlefield V is awesome. It wasn't, I agree, but not it is. They worked hard to bring Battlefield back, and they succeed. Iwo Jima is something guys

But, of course, if you're playing with the mind of "it's so bad", you won't enjoy it

It's certainly better now thanks to the pacific update, things are picking up.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I own and played every single Battlefield game and expansion. Battlefield plateaued around BF3/BF4 time and is now in steady decline.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I liked BC2 because of awesome destruction and Squad Deathmatch in Arica Harbour was fun. Quite literally only map I played in that game.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Calling devs incompetent is up there with calling devs lazy in the "red flags for not knowing a single thing about games development" department.

twinspectre

Nov 30, 2019
The original team isn't there anymore. I would love to see Battlefield 2 remake my all time favorite Battlefield.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Infinity Ward with Call of Duty. I don't think they understand the core values of COD anymore with their latest entry, and honestly this studio has pumping out duds since MW3.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

DICE has already changed the ttk in bf5 once, and it got changed back because people hated it.
Now a year later they decided to do it again. Surprise, people hate it still.I don't wanna diss DICE as a company too much but it's hard to deny that they've handled this entire game extremely poorly in a lot of ways.