• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
TTK and general gameplay is of the stronger points of the game. The real problem of the game (I'm 400 hours in, playing since before launch) is the lack of team balance.

When you go two, three, four matches in a row, 20 vs 32 because one team wrecks constantly, it gets boring quickly. This and the cheaters, that's the only reason I quit

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
I agree with them, but they forgot to add "through the wall with LMG headshot"
Two guys in a match cheating I wonder if they still can play. Game would be fun if not for balancing issues and cheaters.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The part about the changes intent being that the flanked ennemy will now : "gives the enemy an opportunity to respond to that fire and take action. Our expectation is that they still lose the fight, but that you're at least able to participate and learn from the experience vs. simply being left with the frustration of being deleted." is what Dice say.

You can't both say that the ennemy will have more time to react to your flanking, and say it's not nerfed.
If you are inside the intended range for your weapon the TTK won't be noticeably different.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
I got ea access and tried bf5 first obviously and something about it was off, maps were so crap and linear, ww2 is a cool setting and all but it felt boring.
Tried bf4 and enjoying it immensely, so good.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Being changed isn't the same as being nerfed.
If it's a change which make something worst/less powerfull, it's a nerf.

Both nerf and buff are inherently a change, neither mean that it has to become OP or useless from that change, it only describe either an increase or decrease of it's effectiveness/power.

In my book, when your flanking go from "deleting" the opponent to seeing him "respond to that fire and take action ", even if the result should still be the death of your opponent you are still less effective, it's nerfed ( and that's Dice only using only a 1v1 scenario, the impact of the change only get worst as the number of ennemy increase ).

It's like saying that an overall decrease in damage of most weapon at different range depending of their niche, isn't resulting in an higher average TTK. It simply make no sense, at best you could say so if you also decrease that TTK at other range with an increase in damage, then yes maybe it could end up with the same average TTK. Otherwise you are increasing the average TTK because people won't miraculously only encounter their opponent at that perfect range.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I thought about getting the game since it's like $12 right now for PC, but uh... Not sure I'm up for it after reading some of the posts in this thread. Sounds like cheating and team balancing are real problems.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Um no it's the constant bugs, horribly balanced matchmaking, and generally shit and one note classes. BF3 and 4 were much better games.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
" You don't expect them to be a threat, and when you die at 100m from an SMG it feels wrong and it's frustrating. "

Umm... if the bullet hits, I expect it to do damage, it'd be wrong if it didn't. Wtf is this article? Are they nerfing damage or accuracy or something?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019
It will be very bad when cross play with PC will become more mandatory without options to turn it off. I dont really understand why it is championed by some people so loudly.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
yep,

Quick ttk, lack of maps, choke hold map design and lack of synergy between vehicles and soldiers, introduction of prone making snipers just a complete annoyance.
I love it when people go prone in BFV. It's way easier to hit a stationary target.

Half the server quit out of an otherwise great match because of one cheater last time I played.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
yep,

Quick ttk, lack of maps, choke hold map design and lack of synergy between vehicles and soldiers, introduction of prone making snipers just a complete annoyance.
Prone was only ever not in the bad company games.

It works fine in all the games imo, easy headshots.

Jul 8, 2019
Just reinstalled. Battlefield 1's medic weapons were balanced in a way which weren't just worse than the other classes', rather it required a different playstyle. In 5 the weapons are just worse assault weapons. It seems to compensate how you can heal yourself faster, but I don't feel particularly empowered when I duck out of an engagement I scored two headshots in, only to heal and get whittled away by the (admittedly refreshing) low ttk.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Just reinstalled. Battlefield 1's medic weapons were balanced in a way which weren't just worse than the other classes', rather it required a different playstyle. In 5 the weapons are just worse assault weapons. It seems to compensate how you can heal yourself faster, but I don't feel particularly empowered when I duck out of an engagement I scored two headshots in, only to heal and get whittled away by the (admittedly refreshing) low ttk.
That's really only true for assault class weapons at medium distances these days, SMGs have the RoF and carbines the 1-hit hs potential to consistently beat assaults. SMGs are arguably better than support weapons and carbines are arguably better than most scout weapons. Both SMGs and carbines require "different playstyles" for max effectiveness, but they are very powerful (honestly, SMGs have always been powerful). If all else fails, just pick up guns from the ground and keep the heals and smokes.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
I remember leaving because the game was quite frankly the most horrid Bf experience to date. Whoever had the better snipers just won by default and the beyond trashy level design didnt help at all infantry movements as a whole, even by smoking stuff constantly

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Probably doesn't help when planes can roam freely and go 90-2 all match long because you only have like 2 options to take them down and its 1. give up taking out tanks or 2. jump on a gun that fires at planes but the tanks aim for first.

The reviving is another issue I have, medics should have at least only 5 revives, because the revive train is alive and well in that game and nothing is more demoralizing then spending half your gun clip to kill 1 person, to then got shot in the back from 10 years in the past through space and time and watch the person you killed get revived and then they go on and revive 34 other people because why not.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Probably doesn't help when planes can roam freely and go 90-2 all match long because you only have like 2 options to take them down and its 1. give up taking out tanks or 2. jump on a gun that fires at planes but the tanks aim for first.

The reviving is another issue I have, medics should have at least only 5 revives, because the revive train is alive and well in that game and nothing is more demoralizing then spending half your gun clip to kill 1 person, to then got shot in the back from 10 years in the past through space and time and watch the person you killed get revived and then they go on and revive 34 other people because why not.
Revive trains are very much mitigated in BFV compared to pretty much every shooter out there. One, the medic puts himself at tremendous risk by reviving, secondly if someone gets killed again soon after being revived, he's dead dead. So revives are a measured risk.

Also, that pilot with 90-2 has probably a third or less kills if you take into account the revives. Mindless bombings don't achieve much other than stat padding unless the pilot has support on the ground to mop up survivors.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The Medic guns in BF1 were mid range murder machines.

That's just a squad doing its job. It's a rare and beautiful sight.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"But if one weapon is good enough that it can be used everywhere, players don't feel a sense of progression ... and quit."

Such bullshit, BF1942 had 1 weapon per class and no unlocks and people played it for hundreds, even thousands of hours. Stupid carrot on stick unlock mentality devs have these days. Having only one weapon also makes balancing really easy.

Also they need raise the TTK heavily,
it does not fit with BF gameplay and map design. Huge maps to move about in exposed does not work with near instant kills you cannot react to, and makes several class abilities near worthless as players usually die before they needed.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anything to try and justify TTK change that community didn`t ask for.
Most of the people who wanted it have probably quit the series because the series been declining in gameplay for 10 years now. BC1+2, but mostly BF3 onwards been terrible COD chasing attempts that each chipped away more and more of the series roots.

Except 1943, which brought back a lot of the series arcadey gameplay.

Jul 8, 2019
That's really only true for assault class weapons at medium distances these days, SMGs have the RoF and carbines the 1-hit hs potential to consistently beat assaults. SMGs are arguably better than support weapons and carbines are arguably better than most scout weapons. Both SMGs and carbines require "different playstyles" for max effectiveness, but they are very powerful (honestly, SMGs have always been powerful). If all else fails, just pick up guns from the ground and keep the heals and smokes.

Perhaps. I'm willing to concede because the Type 100 is the first smg I've used where I feel as if I'm on equal footing in engagements. Plus the hipfire is quite nice.

I mained the M1907 in bf1 and there's a special pain in having an assault kill you with it.

Last edited:

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so massive weapon rebalance and indirect adjustment to TTK/range damage is coming? Fuck that.

Burbank

Sep 9, 2018
Pangea
What amazes me, I recently started playing TF2 and if there's a hacker, they just get kicked by their team. How have no other games integrated tools for players to police it themselves?

This is how it was always done when I played public 1.6 and HL mods like DoD. The backside is that sometimes bad players, or players arguing with eachother get piled on and voted out. I got votekicked and admin kicked for being a noob quite a few times as a kid, it was just how it was.

There were also special noob servers who would admin kick you for being too good 😋

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3D spotting was great, and everyone who hated it made the game worse.

Also, spawning should be as fast as possible if you want me to keep playing.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I remember leaving because the game was quite frankly the most horrid Bf experience to date. Whoever had the better snipers just won by default and the beyond trashy level design didnt help at all infantry movements as a whole, even by smoking stuff constantly
It's nothing like this at the moment.
People should play the game now and not judge it how they remember it.
It is in an amazing shape right now..

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018

Hm. Not really.
Talk about the lack of anti cheat and balance system, or the performance issues that seems to still affect a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, The news maps are really really good! But that's it for now

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019

Im pretty sure the maps are still the same hence I'm absolutely not interested. All the vanilla maps are way too long and promote middle to long range combat constantly which I'm not interested about. For instance I knew that whenever the airfield map would pop up I'd straight up leave rather than bother. IIRC I only liked Norway

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

That's just a squad doing its job. It's a rare and beautiful sight.

BF1 at launch?
The Medic class was a joke......all te weapons were worse than pretty much every weapon in every other class.

Once some balancing happened and we got a couple new weapons.
Most of them were actually viable.

I play medic exclusively and i had to suffer through months and months of feeling like there was nothing i could do to get a kill.
Im a medic....arent I supposed to be able to get some close quarters kills?

I actually think BFV launch medic wasnt half as bad as BF1.

On Topic.
For me its actually terrible team mates taking on even one competent squad.....once i see my team has no brains yet the other team seems to be working together im out.
Getting shot in the back isnt soooo bad I try to learn the maps so this happens less and less.

But a dumb team.....I just cant.
BF isnt the type of game you can one man army the situation.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
BFV had a playlist the other day where you only played large vehicle maps like classic Battlefield. Made me remember how much I loved this series.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Wrong! What makes me quit is the FPS.

I have no idea why I can get 100-120 in GTA V and BF1 all high and BFV I can barely hit 60 on medium-low. Something is jank with this game I swear. Rotterdam in paticular seems to tank me to 45.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
BFV had a playlist the other day where you only played large vehicle maps like classic Battlefield. Made me remember how much I loved this series.

The game shines on big maps. I enjoy all of them, Panzerstorm is one of the best BF maps ever and i never understood the hate for Hamada.
BFV can be really epic and recently most matches have been full of Battlefield moments for me.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game shines on big maps. I enjoy all of them, Panzerstorm is one of the best BF maps ever and i never understood the hate for Hamada.
BFV can be really epic and recently most matches have been full of Battlefield moments for me.

It was so awesome in Hamada where all the objectives are super far away from each other, where people had to use vehicles to get to other places, they would wait for their squad mates to get in before racing off, and it made them more likely to stay in an objective to defend it.

Small infantry maps literally ruined Conquest.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
BF1 at launch?
The Medic class was a joke......all te weapons were worse than pretty much every weapon in every other class.

Once some balancing happened and we got a couple new weapons.
Most of them were actually viable.

I play medic exclusively and i had to suffer through months and months of feeling like there was nothing i could do to get a kill.
Im a medic....arent I supposed to be able to get some close quarters kills?

I actually think BFV launch medic wasnt half as bad as BF1.

On Topic.
For me its actually terrible team mates taking on even one competent squad.....once i see my team has no brains yet the other team seems to be working together im out.
Getting shot in the back isnt soooo bad I try to learn the maps so this happens less and less.

But a dumb team.....I just cant.
BF isnt the type of game you can one man army the situation.
The joke was that the 1906 made recon redundant from day one.

Pistols did the job just fine close range.