• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, GoW winning the best music award makes me happy, because I thought it was so atmospheric, haunting and beautiful but largely overlooked in other award shows.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Whew Sony studios winning a lot of awards tonight, it's almost like they were the best publisher this year by a wide margin :P

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
God of War is taking this to the next level. Utter domination. Spidey with an award too. What a year for Sony.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
DICE might be the best technical designers, like sound and graphics, in the world. Everyone one of their games just looks and sounds incredible.

Battlefront, for all it's faults, felt like you were right in that world.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
tenor.gif

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they all hated the gameplay so much that they didn't get to experience the story.
I love the game, story, world and characters buuut you might not be wrong here tbh. I think only like 20% of all who played the game got the final story achievement. About 50% got to chapter 2. But not having it nominated is still weird since lots of people who did finish it thought it was about as great as gaming stories can get. Personally it got me to jump straight into RDR1, there was just no way I could leave the fantastic story and characters hanging like that, felt like stopping mid way in an awesome movie.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Good on Corey for bringing up the "support" roles in the industry, especially in light of yesterday with Activision.

Corey just seems like one of the best guys.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Is directing a game really more difficult than a film? Not sure I believe that. Or the budget bit.

Think of it this way, in film it may be easier as film is more simple, if that makes sense. Sure CGI can be a challenge, but a lot of it is known and been done before.

Game development is hundreds of moving parts, done by hundreds of people, all of which have to come together to work, and they usually don't. The director has to keep it all working, and especially with certain ideas like GOW's no cut camera, convince people of ideas that take *years* to fully realize.

I probably didn't explain it perfectly, but I hope that made sense.