• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
So, did Corey just intentionally not dress up? XD

Don't get me wrong, he's earned it given the trek that was God of War's development, but he's straight up wearing sweatpants.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
It's nice to see GoW getting more recognition. Great show so far! I think I enjoy the way that DICE awards highlights individual games with short clips of gameplay, etc. compared to how TGA handles things.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway.

Enjoy your award show Merc, we know this means a lot to you
I watch this every year but I have no stake in it. I enjoy seeing developers get up on stage and get an award for their hard work. Yes God of War was my #1 game for 2018 but I'd be fine with multiple other games winning stuff too as I've said all award season.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 story is overrated but is better than Spiderman for sure.
I'd say Odyssey's too. I do love Odyssey, but it's story, while fun, isn't anything special and plenty of it's writing isn't particularly good.
It is sad that Spider-Man is probably going to walk away with nothing again though. Such a great game.
They did a superb job, but I can't really think of a category it would win. I think just being nominated is fantastic.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Rockstar is too busy counting fat stacks of money to show up I guess lmao.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Such a breath of fresh air going from Mark Cerny to Phil Spencer

Congrats Bonnie Ross!👏👏👏

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Good for Bonnie for being recognized like this.

I haven't always agreed with the directions that 343 has taken, but she's always seemed like a damn fine leader for the studio.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Rockstar couldn't send one person. lol They legit believe they are in a league of their own.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
They were throwing shade at the 100h work weeks during the beginning, maybe they didn't like that. Still weird, though.
I'm sure they didn't like that because it's a false controversy-narrative that several employees from different studios confirmed to be untrue.

But yeah gotta get those hot jokes in huehuehueheuehue

I would have walked out the building if I was a representative, I'm sure anyone would have.

Not saying that's what happened but I wouldn't be surprised.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Return of the Obra Dinn was robbed for Outstanding Achievement in Game Design IMO.

Also, OP, why does the word achievement have an R in it haha?

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Bonnie. While I'm not a fan of the direction Halo has gone in the last couple entries I'm hoping she can get them back on track for Infinite.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
The stories of people in gaming who have been around for so long, like Bonnie, are always so fascinating to me.

Can't wait for her interview with Ryan McCaffrey as well for IGN Unfiltered.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure they didn't like that because it's a false controversy-narrative that several employees from different studios confirmed to be untrue.

But yeah gotta get those hot jokes in huehuehueheuehue

I would have walked out the building if I was a representative, I'm sure anyone would have.

Not saying that's what happened but I wouldn't be surprised.
Some people can take a joke. If you couldn't that's a shame. I don't think Sony has gotten up and walked out and they threw shade at them multiple times.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Will this be a reverse Game Awards where GoW sweeps all awards and RDR2 wins GOTY? Is there a GOTY award at the end?

Deserved win for Spidey regarding animations by the way. :)