• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they can undo the shit they did with her lore in Diablo 3. I loved the idea behind a demon and an angel who abandoned the war, created the nephilim, etc. But the shit from Diablo 3 essentially made it out that Lilith played the shit out of Inarius and manipulated him through his love/lust for her.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
wwonder if the lords of destruction will be back as they were basically turned into jokes in ds3. I also hope their is a point to the post game grind this time other then.....more grinding

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
wwonder if the lords of destruction will be back as they were basically turned into jokes in ds3. I also hope their is a point to the post game grind this time other then.....more grinding

With Path of Exile 4.0 being revealed this year (which is being billed as almost like PoE 2), Blizzard definitely has its work cut out in trying to retake the ARPG crown. Hopefully the Diablo dev team has a fire lit under their ass and have some cool things planned.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Really excited for Diablo IV, but I have no interest in Lilith.

Also, I would have been way more excited for leaked character class art...and not barbarian.

Druid has to make a come back.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Give it to me.

Just give me a better end game. They can make the gameplay satisfying as hell. D3 proved that, but I need a deeper endgame to sink my teeth into this time.

People taking the Hong Kong debacle as an excuse to shit on the quality of Blizzard's games is laughable. I see it everywhere now.

Its not so bad, honestly I prefer this to every diablo 4 discussion prior to this where it was just the same 14 or so posters carpet bombing the thread with advertisements for PoE. At least we have some mild discussion of actual lore and gameplay loops going in here.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Link's broken, mate. Can't see what the design is, but I have no faith in post-WoW Blizzard to do right by Diablo.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
People taking the Hong Kong debacle as an excuse to shit on the quality of Blizzard's games is laughable. I see it everywhere now.

I've noticed this as well and have talked about it before. Overwatch came out just a few years ago and was a critical and commercial success. Fantastic reviews and sold like hot cakes. Before that was Hearthstone and before that was Reaper of Souls. All were praised. Post Hong Kong and people are saying they don't even make quality games now lol.

Mark Dagician

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive drive by; accumulated infractions
I've noticed this as well and have talked about it before. Overwatch came out just a few years ago and was a critical and commercial success. Fantastic reviews and sold like hot cakes. Before that was Hearthstone and before that was Reaper of Souls. All were praised. Post Hong Kong and people are saying they don't even make quality games now lol.

I agree . But you know what ? Those don't even play blizzard games. All they do is jump to the most recent outrage bandwagon.

Oct 25, 2017

And finally giving people Classic servers after like 10 years of people asking for it. And by all accounts everything is good.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Jesus they should be embarrassed by that design. Not only is it fucking awful in this day and age, but it's also an incredibly obvious redesign of Kerrigan. Utterly without imagination or creativity.

To be honest, they should just scrap the entirety of D3a storyline and the Nephalim concept. I'm not entirely sure how many illegal drugs you have to be on to base the entire lore of your game on an incredibly shitty Richard Knaack novel, but whoever made that decision should never be allowed near a creative team again.
Looks Fucking amazing actually.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty crazy how this Blizzcon sounds like it'll be the best one compared to last few years.
Hope D4 visuals doesn't disappoint.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Right? It's ridiculous. The art and design are still on another level. The gameplay is fantastic. People just LOVE to shit on them.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
That's a diablo design all right (edit: not a bad thing, I loved Diablo 3 post RoS).

But maybe instead of freeing sanctuary, Blizzard should publicly endorse a free Hong Kong?

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Looks extremely overdesigned to me.
Her horns have horns, the wings too, even the elbows.
And those wings don't look functional at all.

All of this is a downside to the "plussing" process they praise in the text.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
All of D3 lore needs to be retconned.

Whatever, I'm not gonna play a Blizz game anyway.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait.

Really interested to see which classes we get. As long as they bring back the Druid I think I'll be happy.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Lilith looks pretty uninspired/overdesigned. People are right to compare her to Kerrigan (Blizzard sure has a type for female antiheroes), but her huge shoulder protrusions also bring to mind WOW characters. I guess we'll know more soon, but this first indication is that the homogenization of art style across blizzard games will continue in Diablo 4.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Lilith looks pretty uninspired/overdesigned. People are right to compare her to Kerrigan (Blizzard sure has a type for female antiheroes), but her huge shoulder protrusions also bring to mind WOW characters. I guess we'll know more soon, but this first indication is that the homogenization of art style across blizzard games will continue in Diablo 4.

I was under the impression that was the case because of Diablo Immortal. Same art style but limiting the light.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying Kerrigan when Lilith is far closer in design to Alexstraza and the Demon Hunters from WoW (especially the female ones). Which is somewhat logical.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I agree . But you know what ? Those don't even play blizzard games. All they do is jump to the most recent outrage bandwagon.
On the contrary, a lot of folks have been shitting on Blizzard's games since World of Warcraft, where there was a highly perceptible shift in their output; something that really crystallized with the release of Diablo 3 (which is still a major downgrade from Diablo 2 in terms of art direction and atmosphere) and Starcraft 2 (which completely murdered all of the intrigue and pathos developed throughout the original Starcraft and Brood War).
Right? It's ridiculous. The art and design are still on another level. The gameplay is fantastic. People just LOVE to shit on them.
Art and design are highly subjective. I personally found pretty much everything about Diablo 3 to be a downgrade coming from Diablo 2, and Starcraft 2 is very often hit-or-miss in its design work (with some designs being upgrades and others being straight downgrades, in part due to their excessive focus on exaggeration and sexual dimorphism).

Gameplay-wise I wouldn't argue on that point as they haven't really fucked up like they have with their artwork and storytelling. What's weird to me is that they used to have a sort of edge to their output, but that edge has been significantly dulled over time, to the point where Overwatch is downright Pixar-like in their cleanliness. Not a positive thing, IMO.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully she will be less like the Power Ranger Villains in 3

Last edited:

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
To answer the original question more complete: There are so little, if any, developers who have worked on D1 and D2 that are still working on Diablo. This is more indicative on the fact that Blizzard North was a completely separate studio from Blizzard, with both studios being over 400 miles away from eachother.

PhDInOwning

Mar 17, 2018
She looks like she could fit into any Blizzard IP...It makes sense to sexualize a succubus, so why not do it to a gross, hellish extreme (iunno, multiple breasts in different areas and people sprouting off her body like limbs while they are engaged in coitus)? Maybe she has a neat transformation and this is just her form to seduce the Archangels or w.e.