• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Is my read on this correct so far? As a PoE vet from the streams I was browsing it seems like the talent system is almost like the PoE passive skill tree system, just more linear instead of a sphere grid and runes sort of seem like weird passive skill gems?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Ive come to realize that the Diablo universe really deserves what they get. Theyres always some assholes resummoning these same demons. Just let them win and stop all the madness

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, except that it does not look like D3, at all.

He said Skils and Itemization, not the game itself... And he's not wrong. The items are literally placeholder currently from Diablo 3, the only difference is runes.

Skills are still apparently tier based and can be swapped in and out like Diablo 3 as opposed to putting skill points into them and being unable to respec without punishment.

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, that dude turned into a bear!

Liking the art style so far. Its closer to what I imagined D3 to look like.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
On the one hand, there is absolute fuck ton that I like here. The iteration & distillation of D2's skills into separate skills & talents in D4 is solid ( this was done to create a separation between skills that were activatable and passives). I absolutely adore the art-style. Theres a clip of 2 wolves walking alongside the druid and the lighting and animation look nearly identical to the pre-rendered wolves from D2.

On the flip-side, I wish they didn't announce this just yet. I'm honestly just burned by long waits prior to release. I vastly prefer quick turn around times between announcement to launch. Hearing that even they aren't even trying to pretend this is anywhere close to launch deflates my hype. I haven't played a Blizzard game in a long time and with the exception of this, even with all that was announced today, I had no intention of playing any for the foreseeable future.

The wait just makes me want to swear them off all together.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, there is absolute fuck ton that I like here. The iteration & distillation of D2's skills into separate skills & talents in D4 is solid ( this was done to create a separation between skills that were activatable and passives). I absolutely adore the art-style. Theres a clip of 2 wolves walking alongside the druid and the lighting and animation look nearly identical to the pre-rendered wolves from D2.

On the flip-side, I wish they didn't announce this just yet. I'm honestly just burned by long waits prior to release. I vastly prefer quick turn around times between announcement to launch. Hearing that even they aren't even trying to pretend this is anywhere close to launch deflates my hype. I haven't played a Blizzard game in a long time and with the exception of this, even with all that was announced today, I had no intention of playing any for the foreseeable future.

The wait just makes me want to swear them off all together.

I honestly think they didn't have much choice to announce it now after last year's Diablo Immortal fiasco.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Is my read on this correct so far? As a PoE vet from the streams I was browsing it seems like the talent system is almost like the PoE passive skill tree system, just more linear instead of a sphere grid and runes sort of seem like weird passive skill gems?

Based on what little we know so far it seems like this:

Skills: A variety of active abilities broken up across multiple categories that you put points into as you level to increase their effectiveness. These are slotted into your skill bar for use during combat.

Talents: Pretty much a simplified passive skill system, except every passive have multiple ranks, and a certain number of ranks are required to move down the talent tree.

Runewords: I assume these work like runes do in Diablo 2. Every rune has a passive bonus associated with it. If you group certain runes together in sockets they form words that give greater bonuses than individual runes do. Specific rune words do different things and vary in power based on the runes used to create them.

mod post - thread guidelines

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
To keep this thread civil in light of recent and ongoing controversies, please observe the following rules:

• Members may discuss and criticize Blizzard's stance on the Hong Kong protests. This topic is not off-limits or derailment.
• Members are allowed to be excited for upcoming Blizzard games regardless of the aforementioned controversies.
• Hostility towards other members or inflammatory generalizations about other members will not be tolerated and will be moderated strictly.

Pungza

Oct 27, 2017
I want this as a painting

EITo5lQXkAIu0HF

Here's a higher res version -

Nx5AwvE.jpg

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Any word on who's grave the guy is talking in front of in the gameplay trailer? Is that Cain's brother?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Blizzard has always done really great cinematic trailers, but they've really outdone themselves here. Never would I have expected them to go this dark. Guess they finally realized that dark is in fashion now.

Also, why is Beric in this?

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
He said Skils and Itemization, not the game itself... And he's not wrong. The items are literally placeholder currently from Diablo 3, the only difference is runes.

Skills are still apparently tier based and can be swapped in and out like Diablo 3 as opposed to putting skill points into them and being unable to respec without punishment.

Yeah, I'm saying they are not similar, at all.

Itemization with runes and not relying on sets like D3 is already enough to both to be not similar at all... and that's what we know so far.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I knew it

He has such a distinctive voice. He was Bayek in Assassins Creed Origins

This is what Diablo needs, some top tier voice acting, 3 had good talent, but the script was too comic book like
"I AM SO GOOD, I ASTOUND MYSELF"
"HOW TASTES YOUR FEAR NEPHALEM"
plz no more of that, the D4 cinematic is what Diablo should be.

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): Ignoring modpost, hostility, antagonizing other users
I can't imagine what sort of person I'd be if I could look the other way for a video game in a crowded genre from a company part its prime. Support human rights. Free Hong Kong. Fuck blizzard.

WRC

Oct 28, 2017
wait,holy shit those images ingame look soooooo more good than the videos... nice

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait.

I'll get it on PS4, hopefully a Switch version is announced later, I've played a ton of D3 on that.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019

Yeah its complete trash

its just d2 with runes and im guessing the horadric. definitely obsolete

nothing more than d2 in 2020