• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
World08-Dry-Steppes-Large.26bd2f4ecb6fae792242323af3111038.jpg

World11-Hawezar-Large.390ab050ec6377883c8390ba991656a1.jpg

World12-Kehjistan-Large.e9821c9548ae6ea0e94f145ac44a2119.jpg
That's what I'm talking about.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's happened just as I feared, the dark and realistic style with topdown camera and high resolution makes it difficult for me to distinguish the characters on the screen.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
This looks gooooooood.

Although, pipedream but I hope some day they can take Diablo and make it into a 3rd person action game.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Don't care much about the (beautiful as usual with Blizzard) CGI cutscene, but the gameplay already looks way better than 3!
Looking forward to more info about it.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
diablo 4 looks like diablo 3 with a grimdark filter and a slight update to the skills we already use.

i hope i'm wrong

edit: interesting that its been announced for ps4 and x box one, instead of their successors.

I had that same thought as well about the current gen announcement, but I think it makes a lot of sense for Blizzard to do a release approach similar to what they did with Diablo 3 on consoles (current gen in 2020, next gen in 2021 or 2022), perhaps even including a late Diablo 4 release on Switch 2.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colors seem a bit bleak, kinda wish they'd up the saturation a bit. How do you play this for long periods of time without getting depressed? Gameplay and character design looks dope though.
You could ask the same for the Souls games. Before Diablo 3, these games were dark, gothic, creepy, nasty, super atmospheric, etc. The series had a real ambiance to it that was pretty much killed with Diablo 3 (which was admittedly still a really fun game).

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Looks pretty rough for blizzard standards. I assume this is a super early version and it will look wildly different when it releases.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None of what was shown reminds me of gothic, occult or DII ... man such a bummer after the excellent artbook leak and CGI Intro. Hope they do a ton of work. Animations are straight out of DIII and look out of place with their sponginess.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
People need to play d3 again. The models and environments are SUPER low poly with very basic reflections and shading. It looks NOTHING like this lol.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, here's that 'time for everyone to forget about Blizzard's shittiness because they announced a game I like' that I was worried about.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
That look GOOD!

But it's probably not gonna be for me. I tried Diablo 3, Torchlight and so on and after a while they just become so repetitive for me.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It all comes down to loot so we have to see how it all pans out but I am definitely keeping an eye on it. Runes (Runewords), Charms, ect. are a must unless they are going POE style "currency". Gold as a currency doesnt really work anymore. Even D2 gold was just used for repairs or gambling.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it honestly looks like a clone from a different company. don't like it at all, art style and designs are bland af.

Dolorean

Sep 20, 2019
The content was cool (being mostly gameplay), but the editing was a bit weird, could definitely have been better. Glad it is going back to its roots, but dare I say graphics looked a bit underwhelming.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
As long as they don't overdo the sets and don't make them build defining.... should be fine

I really want to see how they're handling progression. Path of Exile is basically the standard. But maybe there's a chance blizz might wait until PoE 4.0 is announced before going into granular detail to see if they're about to turn the genre on it's head

I definitely don't expect them to be able to meet the standard set by PoE by this point, considering they are largely starting from stretch for D4. I just want them to set the right foundation, so that in a year or two, we'd have a really good Diablo game that Diablo 3 wasn't. Now I just hope the set items were 4 piece max, and not 6.

Oct 25, 2017
Please have a skilltree or something where i can upgrade what i want. Looks a lot better than diablo 3 to me. Animation blending look a little stiff but it's work in progress.

Wotkar

Oct 27, 2017
gameplay looks quite bad. so slow and weird. d3+ for consoles or something. cinematic was great though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's happened just as I feared, the dark and realistic style with topdown camera and high resolution makes it difficult for me to distinguish the characters on the screen.

Yup. Also the fact that the blood effects are so dark makes everything even harder to distinguish. It's just...not nice to look at. At all.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, gameplay looks good, albeit more of the same. I was really interested in the changes they were going for with the cancelled versions of Diablo 4. But this still looks like itll be good.

I think the 3 classes look to basic from the gameplay trailer. I want to see some of the other classes stand out a bit more.

Basically, I just want Lost Ark to come out in the West damnit!

VulcanRaven

alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Looks awesome!

big improvement over 3 in style

day 1 for sure, I still loved 3 and this looks great

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, here's that 'time for everyone to forget about Blizzard's shittiness because they announced a game I like' that I was worried about.
I think it's okay to comment on how good a game looks as a separate conversation from that other one. No one in here is saying "READY TO GIVE BLIZZARD MY MONEY".

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
People need to play d3 again. The models and environments are SUPER low poly with very basic reflections and shading. It looks NOTHING like this lol.
Yeah I wouldn't say this is the most amazing ARPG ever (Lost Ark looks better) but it's actually a respectable upgrade over D3, which is filled with low poly assets. I think D4 lacks good lighting though. The visuals don't quite "pop", but maybe it's intended as they wanna go for the more muted visuals.

On lighting, they said they want the areas to be darker but I still see places where there is no apparent lightsource nearby, yet they're all quite lit up. Maybe light radius is a stat they had but I doubt that.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I'm curious to know if they can make a decent campaign, as Diablo 3 was largely a slog. The ingame cinematic looks impressive, but it is hard to tell how it connects to the gameplay.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely don't expect them to be able to meet the standard set by PoE by this point, considering they are largely starting from stretch for D4. I just want them to set the right foundation, so that in a year or two, we'd have a really good Diablo game that Diablo 3 wasn't. Now I just hope the set items were 4 piece max, and not 6.
I would prefer 3 max, with 4 being very rare. Even 3 quite substantially limit rest character itemization. Even PoE has this problem with some builds that require 3-4 unique items to work, which limits other slots, thankfully they try to mitigate from league to league with special rares with every new league.

---
I'm curious to know if they can make a decent campaign, as Diablo 3 was largely a slog. The ingame cinematic looks impressive, but it is hard to tell how it connects to the gameplay.
Campaign doesnt matter really, what they need to nail is character leveling process.