• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vgorilla3774

Sep 21, 2020
But in response to someone saying the BP doesn't give you XP, just Rank skips, that's not actually true right? If you just work your way through the Battle Pass without buying skips, it does give you XP?

It kind of depends on what we mean by battle pass. The XP grants are attached to Battle Points, which you earn for doing challenges, daily quests, etc. once you accrue enough BP, you get a rank on the battle pass AND and XP grant. When you buy a skip, it gives you a rank on the battle pass, but doesn't effect your progress on battle points.

The end result is you can't buy XP grants, which was the original question.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
I'm confused, I have legendary gem dupes but that list on the right side in the market is just empty for me, how can I sell them?

Does anyone know? I can't figure out what I can actually sell on the marketplace. I have legendary gems but they are not appearing in the marketplace list/inventory.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
The XP grants are attached to Battle Points, which you earn for doing challenges, daily quests, etc. once you accrue enough BP, you get a rank on the battle pass AND and XP grant.

Yes, which is what I'm saying. If you buy the Battle Pass and just earn Battle points without purchasing Rank skips, you're going to earn XP when you spend those BP's to rank up. The game says as much, as I wrote earlier.

When you buy a skip, it gives you a rank on the battle pass, but doesn't effect your progress on battle points.

The end result is you can't buy XP grants, which was the original question.

Yes, but I was responding to the post replying to that which said the Battle Pass doesn't give you XP.

The Battle Pass DOES in fact give you XP.

You can't buy XP, that's true. But you can buy the Battle Pass and if you just play it doing your challenges, daily quests, etc, then cash in your Battle points (seemingly at the 180 threshold), you WILL earn XP from it when you have enough to rank up.

In short:

Battle Pass gives you XP if you choose to rank up through cashing in accrued Battle Points.

Last edited:

Vgorilla3774

Sep 21, 2020
Yes, which is what I'm saying. If you buy the Battle Pass and just earn Battle points without purchasing Rank skips, you're going to earn XP when you spend those BP's to rank up. The game says as much, as I wrote earlier.

Yes, but I was responding to the post replying to that which said the Battle Pass doesn't give you XP.

The Battle Pass DOES in fact give you XP.

You can't buy XP, that's true. But you can buy the Battle Pass and if you just play it doing your challenges, daily quests, etc, then cash in your Battle points (seemingly at the 180 threshold), you WILL earn XP from it when you have enough to rank up.

In short:

Battle Pass gives you XP if you choose to rank up through cashing in accrued Battle Points.

But that isn't how it works, because you get the XP ranks whether you buy the paid portion of the battle pass or not. Paying money just unlocks extra stuff at every rank of the free pass, like most other F2P games.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
But that isn't how it works, because you get the XP ranks whether you buy the paid portion of the battle pass or not. Paying money just unlocks extra stuff at every rank of the free pass, like most other F2P games.

EDIT: Ah, wait! I see what you're saying now - the Battle Pass is free to everyone and works as described, you earn Battle points that can be used to unlock ranks in the pass, that give you XP. So while the Battle Pass DOES give you XP when you Rank Up, it's free to everyone that chooses to do that.

If you pay for the pass, all you're getting is additional stuff on top of that non-XP related.

Now I get you!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So I thought the crest seller was supposed to sell Legendary Crests for Platinum, and could have sworn I see that myself, but i haven't seen them for sale in a while?

But I'm already 1/3 of the way there in platinum to buy a 5* gem off the market so I'm debating whether I even want to do that and just buy what I want instead eventually, especially as the market gets more flooded and prices go down.

I'm confused, I have legendary gem dupes but that list on the right side in the market is just empty for me, how can I sell them?

They need to be unbound, sometimes they drop unbound from the rifts and sometimes not. Not sure what the process really is but when you craft a gem im guessing it's not unbound.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Post 60 the game got boring for me. Switched difficulty to Hell 1 and I should grind dungeons for gear

Haven't got a single drop so far. I'll just level up Paragon and see where this ends

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Pausing the game for a few days / weeks. It keeps skipping my mouse input sometimes, started happening more frequently the more skills I got and it's rather frequent now when I have 4 skilla to cast.

Bah. Hopefully they can fix this soon.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, really..? Why..??
And as far as I know all it does is give you an image and a bit of text. Why is even giving duplicates and stuff?

At first I thought it'd be some cool system where you'd unlock extra info (stats and whatever?) for the monsters after killing them a few times and collecting the items.

Turns out you just collect yet another currency that you get to randomly exchange for a picture and three lines of text, and you can even get duplicates?
This game got a really good loop, but a lot of the features feel so poorly thought :(
I have beginners luck right now because I've gotten two legendary drops from handing in 10 pages.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Post 60 the game got boring for me. Switched difficulty to Hell 1 and I should grind dungeons for gear

Haven't got a single drop so far. I'll just level up Paragon and see where this ends
I suspect I'll end up in the same spot as you, I always burn out on the endgame grind in these games pretty quickly. Will probably just return whenever they add a new zone or dungeon to run

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
What is the difference between a clan and a warband? Is there an era clan yet on useast?

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
I suspect I'll end up in the same spot as you, I always burn out on the endgame grind in these games pretty quickly. Will probably just return whenever they add a new zone or dungeon to run
I barely play f2p games but I love Diablo. Enjoyed the journey to 60 and will still push more for paragon

But if I found it too grindy, I'll just leave it there and go grind Mario Strikers on Friday

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i was going to ask if there are any loot goblins in the game because i keep seeing gold trails. and i just saw one in-game lol

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
He didn't even use the free crests that you have tons of in the second run, he just goes into the rift without anything lol. Not really a fair comparison. And I went into several rifts with 1 and even one time with 2 legendary crests and never got more than 1 legendary, wtf.

The legendary crests in general are not really a problem, they just need to get the balancing right of giving you enough opportunities to get them. I see this like pulls in Gachas or card games. If people want to spend a fortune to get every character and most cards directly and take every sense of playing that game long term out of it, so be it, they do they, or so, doesn't take anything away from me.
PVP here could be an issue (if there are any cool exclusive rewards behind them, if not than not) but we don't even know what a paid overpowered character means in this game yet. It's all based on pointless calculations and theorizing so far. 🤷‍♂️
I find the comparison completely fair, most of rift runs will be without any crests in the end game because there's almost no way to get them in game. 1 rare crest daily for free lol, thanks. The ones you can buy for Hilts are what, 3 per week? Maybe there will some for platinum. Considering the rift takes like 5 minutes and I expect the rifts to be the main thing people do int he end game, not a good look. But maybe there will be different things to do who knows.
Also, rare crests give you max 2 star legendary gems, if you want the 5 star ones, you have to use legendary crests and you can get...1 per month for 1600 hilts (pretty sure it's 1 per month, can't check now). maybe there are some in the battle pass. That's nothing.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I've had a good time with this so far. Runs well on my iPad 8th gen and playing with an XSX controller. Installed the PC version but having tried that yet. Not sure how long I'll stick with it as I doubt I'll want to spend any money so I'll probably bounce off at some point when I hit some kind of pay wall.

Vgorilla3774

Sep 21, 2020
I find the comparison completely fair, most of rift runs will be without any crests in the end game because there's almost no way to get them in game. 1 rare crest daily for free lol, thanks. The ones you can buy for Hilts are what, 3 per week? Maybe there will some for platinum. Considering the rift takes like 5 minutes and I expect the rifts to be the main thing people do int he end game, not a good look. But maybe there will be different things to do who knows.
Also, rare crests give you max 2 star legendary gems, if you want the 5 star ones, you have to use legendary crests and you can get...1 per month for 1600 hilts. maybe there are some in the battle pass. That's nothing.

I think that people are assuming that rifts will be the heavily repeated content because they are in D3, but the guide in Immortal makes it pretty clear that the intended place that you grind for set and legendary items is higher difficulty dungeons. They all have higher drop rates as you increase the difficulty.

Rifts are basically entirely about legendary gems, I don't think you're supposed to run them until you have crests you want to spend.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to easily search for dungeon groups or do I have to physically go to each dungeon to queue?

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Never doubt a resetera members ability to defend a video game companies shitty business practices if they like the game enough and have enough money to throw at it. Doesn't even matter if that company is Blizzard, which absolutely does not deserve your unpaid PR for them.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
I think that people are assuming that rifts will be the heavily repeated content because they are in D3, but the guide in Immortal makes it pretty clear that the intended place that you grind for set and legendary items is higher difficulty dungeons. They all have higher drop rates as you increase the difficulty.

Rifts are basically entirely about legendary gems, I don't think you're supposed to run them until you have crests you want to spend.

Very good point!

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
My day starts right a legendary from a random mob drop farming my daily bounties and another one turning in my beastiary this is my second legendary from bestiary turn in.

Deleted member 98536

Jun 13, 2021
I do hope they add the Dungeon Finder to the Raids eventually. Forming a group for Lassan can be tricky since without a Warband or Clan, you're just shouting in the town square 'forming group'. Which is fine, but it's also at odds with how slick it is to run Rifts.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope they add the Dungeon Finder to the Raids eventually. Forming a group for Lassan can be tricky since without a Warband or Clan, you're just shouting in the town square 'forming group'. Which is fine, but it's also at odds with how slick it is to run Rifts.
? I was able to group up for a raid with a random party.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

This is one of those posts that needs to be reposted every time someone complains about crests and gems. This is spot on.

Vgorilla3774

Sep 21, 2020
This is one of those posts that needs to be reposted every time someone complains about crests and gems. This is spot on.

The exception is that there are quests and bonus BP days for completing Rifts - but you can just knock out solo rifts without using any crests to complete them.

I dunno. The monetization is really problematic, but I don't think it helps criticism of the game to put out a bunch of hyperbolistic stuff that isn't actually true, which a number of the influencer videos are doing.

I also think it's a shame because there's a legitimately good game that's been saddled by the monetization issue. I would love to see what the dev teams at Netease and Blizzard could come up with if they didn't have to worry about the market, because I think they actually succeeded in creating a really compelling Diablo MMO from a content perspective

Deleted member 98536

Jun 13, 2021
? I was able to group up for a raid with a random party.
Go to the portal at the tree in the town square and click Raid

Huh, thanks! It had never worked for me, so I assumed it didn't auto-matchmake. My server might not have had many people wanting to do it then. Kept it open for about 10 minutes the first time, 5 the second time. Watch, I'll go try it now and it'll get a group in seconds.

Deleted member 98536

Jun 13, 2021
The exception is that there are quests and bonus BP days for completing Rifts - but you can just knock out solo rifts without using any crests to complete them.

I dunno. The monetization is really problematic, but I don't think it helps criticism of the game to put out a bunch of hyperbolistic stuff that isn't actually true, which a number of the influencer videos are doing.

I also think it's a shame because there's a legitimately good game that's been saddled by the monetization issue. I would love to see what the dev teams at Netease and Blizzard could come up with if they didn't have to worry about the market, because I think they actually succeeded in creating a really compelling Diablo MMO from a content perspective

Great post.

Just hit the pirate themed dungeon in Act3: Swamplandia, and that was great. Really like the bossfight mechanics, especially as a Spear Necro with Mages (shieldwall), Bone Shield and Corpse Explosion (Skitter homing type) to use on the line of corpses under the boss. The pierce on Bone Spear makes the phase where the pet spawns very fun to keep them lined up. The little bit after the boss was just a nice touch to end the ride.

I suspect for many, this will be an MMO awaking moment, not just a Diablo one. I noticed it when I tried Era of Legends a while back - the model for a mobile MMO is really good at what it does, so much so that they can sell the ability to climb the leaderboards to whales/krakens/streamers. Thankfully it doesn't impact my own enjoyment. I just don't look at the leaderboards.

I think the MTX is scummy, and I would have paid $30 easy for a non-MTX version, but the mobile market would not have.

This'll date me, but Immortal feels like if old PopCap made a Diablo MMO for smartphones. Just with Blizzard money for production values.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have an Era clan or Warband set up on Town Portal yet?

I'm on Town Portal, would love to see both.

Also on Town Portal...👀
I just created a warband named ResetEra if you'd like to join. I don't mind paying the platinum for starting a clan, but I am strictly F2P so it'll be days before I have enough free platinum to do so. Also, and I have no idea if this is an issue, I am a shadow now which means I can only create a shadow clan... not sure exactly what that means, but if you'd rather us not be a shadow clan, someone else will have to start it.