• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched some gameplay video before deciding to invest in this game, and damn I know it's F2P but when you see countless different currency, game throwing MTX reminder everywhere, bot spamming scam link, and the usual Battle Pass / play daily or suffer FOMO, and of course an insane amount of grinding (unless you pay) yeah this is way too much for me to handle, and I didn't even mention PvP.
I'm sure the gameplay is amazing but literally everything else about this game is repulsive. I play a lot of mobile games and yet I'm still astounded that the market is OK with those practices.
I wish I could just not care and play until the game isn't for me anymore, but time is limited sadly.

I'm sorry to be passionate about this, because I truly love Diablo, I know I just have to wait for the next mainline game.
I'm only level 50 so far, but it seems entirely possible to play through the campaign without spending a cent. It doesn't have EXP boosters, so you can't even bypass the grindy bits with real money. It's just nice being in Sanctuary again with new content and story, even if I never touch the game again after I beat it.

Super sorry for the late reply but thank you.

Are there any indicators that show when in item is soulbound? I got a few gems from a hidden lair but I still couldn't sell them.
I noticed some items have the market scale icon on them. I don't know for sure, but I assume this means you can sell the item.

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019
I noticed some items have the market scale icon on them. I don't know for sure, but I assume this means you can sell the item.

Yea, the sellable items will have the Market Scale icon on them in the inventory, iirc top left area of it, and on the tooltip it should mention something about being Market Sellable as well

60 and don't know what to do. Can't find anybody in queue for high difficulty dungeons

Might try to solo one now

Edit: Can't it needs 2 players at least

Yea, this is a general problem with games like this at launch time, when you are ahead of the curve on levels unfortunately, the higher you are above the curve, the less and less people are with you to do stuff, think on Hell2+ it starts requiring 4 player parties as well

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Okay, so I'm at the point where I'm starting to get level-gated after each main questline is over and it's pretty damn annoying, and this is with the battle pass purchased. I can't imagine how much slower it would be if you didn't buy the BP.

Granted I am only like 1-2 levels needed before each new quest but it's still annoying. I don't want to grind hours worth of Elder Rifts, Bestiary completion, or the same dungeon ten times in a row to continue the main story. I guess this is the F2P mobile influence something like this would inevitably have, I suppose.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Got a probably dumb question, but how do I charge my dualsense controller other than plugging into my ps5? I was using to connect to my ipad and works fine, but it never charges if I plug into say my pc or one of those charge bricks. Only seems to charge if plugged into my ps5, which is incredibly annoying

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Okay, so I'm at the point where I'm starting to get level-gated after each main questline is over and it's pretty damn annoying, and this is with the battle pass purchased. I can't imagine how much slower it would be if you didn't buy the BP.

Granted I am only like 1-2 levels needed before each new quest but it's still annoying. I don't want to grind hours worth of Elder Rifts, Bestiary completion, or the same dungeon ten times in a row to continue the main story. I guess this is the F2P mobile influence something like this would inevitably have, I suppose.
Unfortunately this is the only way. I focused on finishing the bestiary 3 times and finishing those x2 you get daily

If you got the BP, each time you level it up you easily get 800-900k xp

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017

You still get experience for leveling the non-empowered battle pass. Unless you get an increased amount by spending the $5 to empower, I don't think there's anything you can spend money on that will get you more experience. The worst one I've hit so far is the 51 level gate, which I ran into about 1 bar into 47. Four levels is a lot of grinding. I just try to focus whatever is going to give me the most battle points, since ranking up the battle pass will give close to a full level.

Got a probably dumb question, but how do I charge my dualsense controller other than plugging into my ps5? I was using to connect to my ipad and works fine, but it never charges if I plug into say my pc or one of those charge bricks. Only seems to charge if plugged into my ps5, which is incredibly annoying
Have you tried other cables/chargers? Mine charges just fine when plugged into a wall wart. I've never even used my PS5 to charge the controller. It only gets plugged in to the PS5 when I'm not feeling too lazy to update the controller firmware (I haven't updated it in months).

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Enjoying the story mode stuff so much more than Diablo 3.

I played 1 and 2 back to back for the first time a couple years ago and absolutely adored them, so going into 3 shortly afterwards was not at all fun for me. Felt like going from perfectly pitched gothic horror to a kids cartoon in comparison.

Immortal however is totally satisfying me on both tone-wise and aesthetically.

Helps that the game is fun as hell too.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried other cables/chargers? Mine charges just fine when plugged into a wall wart. I've never even used my PS5 to charge the controller. It only gets plugged in to the PS5 when I'm not feeling too lazy to update the controller firmware (I haven't updated it in months).
Just tried the cable that came with my ps5. I'll try another to see.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
lol wtf is this some random boss that spawned with 11.3 million health? It kept on wiping everyone too 😂

1TNWBOE.jpg

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Convinced myself to give this a try. Can't get the game to run at all on my iPad (which isn't brand new but should be able to run this), or PC (GTX 970, which is even less new than the iPad but should handle this fine). Crashes before it even hits the main menu on both. "Don't you all have phones?", indeed.

Bossman

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it seems like the Immortals vs Shadows mechanic is really poorly thought out. A very small fraction of people get to interact with it, I can't even sign up for the shadow lottery because it tells me all the lottery slots are full!!

It is intended that at first only a small number of people can be Shadows but as time passes more and more players are able to join the Shadows and then finally they can overtake the Immortals. If everyone could join the Shadow faction right away, the Immortals wouldn't stand a chance and Seasons would end too quickly.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
So, I downloaded this game today on a whim, not really knowing what to expect and...

Wow...I'm really enjoying it. Never played a Diablo game before.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Having a great time with my kids!

Edit: daughter is rolling with a Barb 'SparkleGlitter' son is 'MrMan' lol.

How to get back to town with portals? We are right at Mad king Breach

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Super sorry for the late reply but thank you.

Are there any indicators that show when in item is soulbound? I got a few gems from a hidden lair but I still couldn't sell them.
If it isn't soulbound it'll have a market icon on it

Also I was wrong I guess the hidden lair gems are soulbound so the only ones you can sell are dropped in 4-man parties via the bonus afaik lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I don't like him, but this shows the P2W issue pretty clearly.

I honestly can't even get mad at this. As soon as they announced they were making a F2P Diablo for mobile you knew this was exactly how it would play out. lol

The only thing whaling makes unfair is PvP, and I am not sure how this game deals with that. I assume it's all based on power level brackets and whatnot so whales will only fight other whales. Aside from that, it seems you can just enjoy the game at your own pace and spending money gets you cosmetics and getting stronger faster.

My biggest worry for this game is when Diablo IV launches and totally overshadows this. I assume most people will switch over to IV. It will be interesting how this holds up down the road.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Having a great time with my kids!

Edit: daughter is rolling with a Barb 'SparkleGlitter' son is 'MrMan' lol.

How to get back to town with portals? We are right at Mad king Breach
Having a blast mate! To go back to the main town as fast as possible, open the map and click the portal icon at the bottom right.

never

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope we regulate this pay to win stuff out of existence. This would be an otherwise decent game, but as it stands I feel gross even supporting this.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Can someone explain to me why the controversy around microtransactions in this game is particularly pointed?

Because Bellular is going on a tirade and...I don't get it?

One, the second this game was announced as a mobile title (made by a developer who specializes in mobile titles), I expected this. But two, so far this game seems to be very feature-full without making me feel pressured to buy anything. So, I'm not going to.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
What the fuck?

I just killed an enemy that I'm 95% sure was called Benn Hannsen.

That has to be a reference to MinnMax's Ben Hanson surely?

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
I don't like him, but this shows the P2W issue pretty clearly.

He didn't even use the free crests that you have tons of in the second run, he just goes into the rift without anything lol. Not really a fair comparison. And I went into several rifts with 1 and even one time with 2 legendary crests and never got more than 1 legendary, wtf.

The legendary crests in general are not really a problem, they just need to get the balancing right of giving you enough opportunities to get them. I see this like pulls in Gachas or card games. If people want to spend a fortune to get every character and most cards directly and take every sense of playing that game long term out of it, so be it, they do they, or so, doesn't take anything away from me.
PVP here could be an issue (if there are any cool exclusive rewards behind them, if not than not) but we don't even know what a paid overpowered character means in this game yet. It's all based on pointless calculations and theorizing so far. 🤷‍♂️

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
It really just comes down to the pace at which legendary crests are made available to F2P players. They need to be made significantly easier to earn.

Make that change and you're still left with an aggressive, "in-your-face" monetization scheme, but one that at least doesn't have any blatant bottlenecks

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Can someone explain to me why the controversy around microtransactions in this game is particularly pointed?

Because Bellular is going on a tirade and...I don't get it?

One, the second this game was announced as a mobile title (made by a developer who specializes in mobile titles), I expected this. But two, so far this game seems to be very feature-full without making me feel pressured to buy anything. So, I'm not going to.
The same reason they reacted so badly to the initial announcement- it's Blizzard catering to a new, different group of gamers.

There's obviously crossover between the groups of course. People like myself who are 40-something and started with the original Diablo, and also play mobile games. But a lot of the people criticizing the game just don't play mobile games, and have a low opinion of those who do. They feel like they're losing primacy in gaming, and they're lashing out.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
It really just comes down to the pace at which legendary crests are made available to F2P players. They need to be made significantly easier to earn.

Make that change and you're still left with an aggressive, "in-your-face" monetization scheme, but one that at least doesn't have any blatant bottlenecks

Rare crests are the free player currency. They give a chance at legendary gems, versus legendary crests which guarantees the drop.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Rare crests are the free player currency. They give a chance at legendary gems, versus legendary crests which guarantees the drop.

And still you already get legendary crest here and there in the battle pass and as a reward for some specific login or event stuff, it's not carved in stone to be paid only here.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
But Rares don't give you 3-5 Star legendary gems, only 1-2 stars. They could add the higher tiers into the Rare crest pool, that'd work too.

I didn't realize that. It would be nice if they changed that in the future, even if it were at a reduced rate or something.

Counterpoint - how long would it take to fully max a character on D3?

Also, 5* gems are completely unnecessary for a build to be effective. They're really the long long play. And you can craft a random legendary with runes and get a 5*, so there's that.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Selling Rank 1 gems on the market almost nets enough platinum for another Legendary Crest. Sold a Rank 2 for 7200 platinum which is enough for like 4 Legendary Crests but it's under audit haha.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I played D3 at initial launch where you got maybe one legendary drop every 5 times against Diablo.

I'll take this grind on the toilet no problem.

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
Having lots of fun so far, reached lvl 15. Anyone know how to remove cosmetic items. Got something in the mail and it completely changed my characters look. I cannot find a way to remove it.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I've played a little over 12 hours so far according to my game launcher, this game is pretty fantastic. I started out with Diablo 3 on Switch and loved it but couldn't really get into the remaster of D2, this is back to being right up my alley. Feels just like D3 but simplified and with more of the live service type stuff you expect from a mobile game.

I went with wizard like I did in D3, my favorite skill so far is Disintegrate since I found a piece of gear that turns it into one huge blast instead of a sustained beam. It's especially fun to throw up the ice crystal before using it to make it reflect into a bunch of enemies. I forget what the area I just beat was called but I thought the set piece on the raft was really cool.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone playing this on a Razer Kishi?

I'm tempted to pick one up so my stupid fat thumbs aren't taking up too much screen real estate when I play on my iPhone 11.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same reason they reacted so badly to the initial announcement- it's Blizzard catering to a new, different group of gamers.

There's obviously crossover between the groups of course. People like myself who are 40-something and started with the original Diablo, and also play mobile games. But a lot of the people criticizing the game just don't play mobile games, and have a low opinion of those who do. They feel like they're losing primacy in gaming, and they're lashing out.
Or maybe they don't like seeing such predatory practices on a franchise they like?

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018

I think if they announced Diablo 4 and said Immortal would also be on PC, it would have been all fine.
Bethesda did it much better with Blades.

Oct 25, 2017

just so you know... the battle pass doesnt grant you XP - Just rank skips. The XP you miss from the rank skips comes after you max out your battle pass into like bonus XP afterwards.

There is no way to buy XP in this game.