• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 29, 2022
Diablo-user-score.jpg

www.videogameschronicle.com

Diablo Immortal now has the lowest user score in Metacritic history | VGC

Diablo Immortal now has the worst Metacritic in the history of the service.

Diablo Immortal now has the worst Metacritic user score in the website's history.

At the time of writing, the PC version of the free-to-play MMO has a user score of 0.2 out of 10, based on nearly 2000 user ratings.

Blizzard's previous lowest-rated game – its 2021 re-release of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade – received a 0.5 score for adding microtransactions and a much-criticised faction system.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
yeah..

they should study the game market again, and not produce so many poor-quality products for the final consumer, it is important to remember that a game is not made with the minority, but with the great community... but I liked the game, having a port to the PC should make the community more united. regarding pay to win, it was the means to monetize the product and of course it will not please everyone, but it is important to remember that the product was given for free and was not a paid product.
I see it more as a way to study the game market.

Last edited:

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having fun with it, but I also don't really intend to keep playing it after I hit 60.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Hope they make some changes sooner rather than later. Seems to be a decent game under all the bullshit

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah..

they should study the game market again, and not produce so many poor quality products for the final consumer, it is important to remember that a game is not made with the minority, but with the great community
... You know that Blizzard is probably making a ton of money with Diablo Immortal, right ? The game is probably seen as successful for Blizzard.

And the reviews on Apple Store / Google Play are not that low apparently. The real takeaway here is the disconnect between people crying on Metacritic, and people playing the game.

And thanks to review bombing, it shows how useless and out of touch user reviews on Metacritic are nowadays.

[Edited because numbers seems to fluctuate on Apple store / Play store)

Last edited:

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not into the idea of this game but I'm sure they'll make a ton of money…which is more important than the long term good will towards the fan base.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
yeah..

they should study the game market again, and not produce so many poor quality products for the final consumer, it is important to remember that a game is not made with the minority, but with the great community

This game feels like they studied the mobile market p well. I feel like the Blizzard fanbase discovered through this game how mobile games can be monetized and thinks Blizzard invented this all (not saying its good btw, but it's amusing to witness).

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Compared to the Android/iOS store this just shows how far the divide between "acceptance" for this type of game is between mobile user and PC users.

I have fun with the game, got to max level yesterday and spent 5€ for the Battle Pass. I like the game and I am willing to spent a little bit here or there if I can actually play the game for a prolonged period of time (not X hours per day, but X days per week/month/year).

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Compared to the Android/iOS store this just shows how far the divide between "acceptance" for this type of game is between mobile user and PC users.

2.6 is still a 50% score. Its not been well received regardless.
Its tanking critically, banned in parts of Europe, consistently and rightfully criticized for its predatory freemium nonsense.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What's a real actual IRL gamer? Do I need to avoid coming across one?
it's a joke about the poster saying "10k actual players" implying that people giving the game a low score on metacritic are not actual players while the players on iOS giving a high score are people actually playing the game

basically I am making fun of the defense force

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Immortal felt pointless and bad to play after D3 having been refined for nearly a decade. And that's not even counting in Immortal's P2W crap.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
This game feels like they studied the mobile market p well. I feel like the Blizzard fanbase discovered through this game how mobile games can be monetized and thinks Blizzard invented this all (not saying its good btw, but it's amusing to witness).
Some useful info would be how does it compare against other mobiles F2P in how predatory the business model is.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Reviewing bombing MC to "send a message" has made user reviews basically worthless.

This. User reviews need to be eliminated. They are never going to be honest or fair or correct. They always going to be filled with angry nerds review bombing because they DONT LIKE THING even though it's not meant for them, or fan boys who will do nothing but give perfect reviews even though they are too blinded to recognize that some things have some faults.

Eliminate them. This game doesn't deserve this. Nor does any game. Nor does any movie. Or show. Or anything.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting.... Are gamers finally fighting back?

*Checks genshin impact's metacritic*

"4.9"

Edit: 3.3 on mobile?
4.6 on ps4
1.8 on ps5
Wtf happened with that PS5 score?

Hmmm 🤔

Anyways... This seems par for the course with these heavily mtx'd games. *Shrugs*

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
This. User reviews need to be eliminated. They are never going to be honest or fair or correct. They always going to be filled with angry nerds review bombing because they DONT LIKE THING even though it's not meant for them, or fan boys who will do nothing but give perfect reviews even though they are too blinded to recognize that some things have some faults.

Eliminate them. This game doesn't deserve this. Nor does any game. Nor does any movie. Or show. Or anything.

Nah, I like them. Just need to read them with context.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
None of the people playing the game nor people making the game care about random weirdos flogging metacritic accounts.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
How?

The game has serious flaws and is properly documented on the user reviews. Seems appropriate to me.
That's not review bombing, thats just bad user reviews made in good faith which are fine. Reviewing bombing is a coordinated campaign to give a game a 0 because of X reason. You happen to agree with X reason this time, but what about the games that get review bombed for being "too woke" or some other bullshit? All I think when I see a game with a 0.5 or whatever is that some online community is on a crusade against this game, not "oh man this game must be really bad."

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020

I couldnt disagree more. Yeah the game is not a 0.2 but people that see that review are gonna know that it has to have some big issues. Which it does. Which actual reviewers often dont mention, or do but still give a good score, probably because they would want to still get review copies in the future. The review industry is clearly flawed anyway since publishers have no obligation to gove you a review copy and if you want to keep your business you're kinda forced to be in somewhat good terms with the big publishers.