• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Immortal has completely re-invigorated my interest in this franchise. It's a truly great game marred by MTX and weird limitions of mobile operating systems.

But I'm all-in on D4.

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, why not.

I haven't beta tested a Diablo game since Diablo II LOD

I guess they ask what version of the game you want to test at a later date?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the PC version has controller support so I can cloud game on it with a Backbone or an Xbox controller connected to something else that supports GeForce Now.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
My account is banned from Diablo III from some absolute nonsense that I never did. So signed up just to see if they still let it into this beta lol.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
1. If they can improve *heavily* on the itemization they've shown off thus far

2. If they allow a vast amount of build diversity

3. Has a VASTLY better endgame system then D3. No rifts. Look at the atlas system from poe and copy that.

Then I'm truly hyped for this game. Path of exile is the greatest ARPG of all time because of its items, crafting, build diversity and masterful execution of its endgame systems. If they pull the right things from that game and merge it with a little bit of d3 gameplay and d2 item design then baby you got a stew going

Again. POE is the greatest arpg of all time. But it lacks in the combat department. This department is blizzards department. If they take their oomph D3 gameplay and merge it with d2 and poe designs you'll have an even better ARPG than poe…by a million miles.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
My account is banned from Diablo III from some absolute nonsense that I never did. So signed up just to see if they still let it into this beta lol.
Just talk to blizzard support and apologize/ explain yourself and they will wipe the ban from your account. Their CS isn't as bad as people say but you'll need to play your cards right.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard already confirmed the PC version will have controller support. I was stunned at how well Diablo III played with a controller.

I played the Switch version more than the PC version. A version that I can play both on my phone (at least via streaming) and on the PC (without Immortal's heinous MTX) is the dream.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Nice little surprise. Hope it puts the various concerns about the game to rest with a strong showing of what the game is and how it differs from both D3 and DI

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Just talk to blizzard support and apologize/ explain yourself and they will wipe the ban from your account. Their CS isn't as bad as people say but you'll need to play your cards right.

I tried a while back and they said no. I was banned like maybe 6 months after it released. They did this big ban wave of "cheaters" using third party apps. Myself and a ton of other people told them the only thing we did that would be slightly different was run the game through WINE on Linux. They claimed that they didn't ban anyone for that but there was never anything else that was running on my machine.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The company is actively pushing some predatory garbage to as many vulnerable people as possible with their mobile game. I'd like to see an actual response to that before they start trying to push out another title without any goodwill whatsoever.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I tried a while back and they said no. I was banned like maybe 6 months after it released. They did this big ban wave of "cheaters" using third party apps. Myself and a ton of other people told them the only thing we did that would be slightly different was run the game through WINE on Linux. They claimed that they didn't ban anyone for that but there was never anything else that was running on my machine.
Just try again! Trust me. I lost an ancient WoW account that had a mage with OG naxxramas gear. It took several attempts throughout several years lol. But I got the account back finally and use it to this day.

May 24, 2021
"Why make one predatory, thinly veiled, glorified slot machine, MXT infested pile of crap when we can make TWO predatory, thinly veiled, glorified slot machine, MXT infested piles of crap!"

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Why make one predatory, thinly veiled, glorified slot machine, MXT infested pile of crap when we can make TWO predatory, thinly veiled, glorified slot machine, MXT infested piles of crap!"

I'm sadly expecting D4 to not have the slot machine elements but have something similar to WoW Tokens and Blizzard banking on "hey maybe it's a little bit p2w but at least it isn't gambling heh heh heh" and then expect to get cheered for it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard already confirmed the PC version will have controller support. I was stunned at how well Diablo III played with a controller.
I played immortal a bit and the controller support was even better. You can aim most skills manually instead of it auto targeting the enemy, which was a big drawback of controller

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Good they scrapped the PS4/XO versions. Those consoles would be 10 years old when D4 comes out.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to test its cash shop, I mean surely not right... but there is that new job posting being reported, but SURELY NOT RIGHT?!?

Last edited:

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Can't wait to test its cash shop, I mean surely not right... but there is that new job posting being reporting, but SURELY NOT RIGHT?!?

It's pretty crazy that Path of Exile is entirely free and for the most part the only microtransactions are aesthetic based other then some stash upgrades. Game is MUCH larger then Diablo 2/3 is to in terms of story based content as well. Really hope they aren't going to charge full price for this game and then try to sell the better loot in microstransaction stores. Might have to just pass on the game entirely if that's the case.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
We aren't doing Diablo 3 launch again, right Blizzo?

Triple check those servers.
A smooth Diablo launch WILL NOT happen. Ever. Lol. D2R was the last time I try to play Diablo games week one. Had a level 44 necro in HC just get deleted during their first server fuckery in that game and I dropped the game completely. Don't count on them having a smooth launch is all im saying

TeacherDenz

Jul 7, 2020
Like there is a chance this will be a good game, there is also a chance that they will add an auction house, micro get ahead transactions and what not... I'm afraid but also excited because I love Diablo. Diablo Immortal could have been such a good game if those microtransactions wasn't there.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
diablo4.blizzard.com

Diablo IV

Diablo IV is an open world action-RPG developed by Blizzard Entertainment.

Site only lists current gen as well

Potentially more at xbox showcase?

LETS FUCKING GO! High chance we'll see it tomorrow at MS show I think

Signed up and I think it is a pretty good bet we see Diablo IV at the showcase tomorrow. I was thinking this was 2024 title but next year is could be a possibility.

More likely it's at the PC Gaming Showcase, which is after MS's...but it could be both!

www.pcgamer.com

Every game at the PC Gaming Show 2022

The PC Gaming Show is over, but you can watch all of the announcements and trailers here.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Signed up! Hope I get into the console beta. Loved Diablo 3, not touching Diablo Immortal (it's not releasing in my country anyway), so looking forward to get into Diablo again.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Eh, hopefully it isn't bad like the impressions before said it was. Shitty itemization and potentially no real endgame besides dailies and bounties.

I feel as if Blizzard knows what they need to do with rifts but don't want to get caught or admit PoE did it better. They seem to be stuck in some generic endless rift style that has no meaning besides a timer. No endgame bosses, no Ubers, nothing.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Super excited for this. D3 gameplay with D2 art approach is gonna be kino.

And the Open World aspect reminds me of Sacred, which is also an IP I love.

Hope they dont take too much from PoE.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
even tho immortal is p2w after playing it im super excited for dio 4. Hopefully it comes out next year

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Yeah this announcement (of nothing but a newsletter, really) is absolutely pushed due to D:I feedback and public hammering, so the people shut up, stop commenting on the game that's actually out and get hyped again.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
A smooth Diablo launch WILL NOT happen. Ever. Lol. D2R was the last time I try to play Diablo games week one. Had a level 44 necro in HC just get deleted during their first server fuckery in that game and I dropped the game completely. Don't count on them having a smooth launch is all im saying

Yeah. You'd almost be better served pretending the game launches a couple weeks after the actual release date, because that's when you might actually be able to play without constant errors/crashes/queues/etc.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
We aren't doing Diablo 3 launch again, right Blizzo?

Triple check those servers.

Immortal somehow held up during launch. Probably the first game like this I can think of that pulled that off. *one finger on the monkey's paw curls*

Same here. The thought of being able to play both next year is sogood.gif

I could spend a year or two playing literally nothing but SF6 and Diablo 4 if they're both decent. Like the days when middle school me played nothing but Phantasy Star Online and 3rd Strike for months.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Immortal somehow held up during launch. Probably the first game like this I can think of that pulled that off. *one finger on the monkey's paw curls*

I could spend a year or two playing literally nothing but SF6 and Diablo 4 if they're both decent. Like the days when middle school me played nothing but Phantasy Star Online and 3rd Strike for months.
for the majority immortal held up if you don't count it was hard to log into bnet but it didn't last days though (which it may have affected those who couldn't see the characters)

but heres hoping lol