• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I need this now. Will double dip as I don't think console version will release same time. Probably a year after PC, but until then pc version will keep me busy. Triple dip when switch pro/ switch 2 version releases. Take my money blizz!

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That last scan of what looks like an in game screenshot looks 🔥.

The burning corpses and that horned beast leaving burning marks on the ground. Damn.

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
How are people saying '' OMG DAY 1 BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! '' based on a few freaking concept images? Are you kidding me?

I'm not exactly hype, I feel like it's going to be a huge fantastical adventure to defeat the big evil with corny, cheesy dialogue that'll destroy all the potential Diablo feel.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this translates into actual in-game artstyle and not blocky WoW crap.

Oct 26, 2017
How are people saying '' OMG DAY 1 BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! '' based on a few freaking concept images? Are you kidding me?

I'm not exactly hype, I feel like it's going to be a huge fantastical adventure to defeat the big evil with corny, cheesy dialogue that'll destroy all the potential Diablo feel.

Some people are very easily persuaded, I suppose. If anything it's a testament to how well marketing and CGI trailers work to sell a game we've literally seen nothing of.

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
Does the art book by any chance mention if it has mod support and offline play? If not, I will continue to not give a damn.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't scans usually frowned upon? Especially full sections from an upcoming book?

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
"Diablo IV's artistic vision was built using several key pillars: "Return to Darkness", "Embrace the Legacy," and what the art team calls the "Old Masters Pillar," which is shorthand for striving to make each part of the new game look like it was painted by a venerated artist such as Rembrandt or Ilya Repin. When researching lighting or surface, they looked at old paintings first, rather than contemporary video games, with the aim of interpreting the world of Diablo like a medieval painter might versus how a photographer would."

(from the artbook)

man, that blurb makes me INCREDIBLY interested in seeing if they managed to do that.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Damn the art direction looks top notch which makes it (among other things) really hard to boycott....

Let's see what they have in store for us.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Some people are very easily persuaded, I suppose. If anything it's a testament to how well marketing and CGI trailers work to sell a game we've literally seen nothing of.

come on people, is the long waited sequel in a notorious series from a notorious dev... just the logo would get people hyped, just like that forest scene from TLOU2's first reveal.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
We forgive you, king.
giphy.gif

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
"Diablo IV's artistic vision was built using several key pillars: "Return to Darkness", "Embrace the Legacy," and what the art team calls the "Old Masters Pillar," which is shorthand for striving to make each part of the new game look like it was painted by a venerated artist such as Rembrandt or Ilya Repin. When researching lighting or surface, they looked at old paintings first, rather than contemporary video games, with the aim of interpreting the world of Diablo like a medieval painter might versus how a photographer would."

(from the artbook)

man, that blurb makes me INCREDIBLY interested in seeing if they managed to do that.
I feel a bit of ecstasy reading that

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
While I won't go so far as to forgive Blizzard, I'm not going to lie - I am very, very excited about the prospect of a Diablo IV that might also take a lot of nods from Diablo 2. I liked the third game, I put a lot of time in the third game, but I think some of what it was doing didn't work for me after a while. I also can't believe this, but I think we need to get away from scaling difficulties. Some fights should just be super hard, and it shouldn't be up to the player to fine-tune the experience. Or maybe we need the best of both worlds - an open Adventure mode you can set to your own pace, but a challenging iron man mode that makes the game into a bit more of a roguelike with no respecing your character. I could enjoy both of those things.

The artwork in those scans has me super pumped. I hope we get to see actual gameplay at the reveal, not some lame CGI trailer. I also hope they are planning for a 2020 release, but I won't hold my breath.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
so much better than diablo 3 though, what did they even smoke when they made diablo 3 look like world of warcraft?

D3 didn't look like WoW. :lol: That's a hot take from almost a decade ago. These games look like WoW. The main issue with D3, after the artwork backlash, was the gameplay that took a couple years to fix. Secondary concerns over auction house too.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I really hope they make a statement about their controversial stance during the opening ceremonies but I'm not holding my breath.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Or it's just that people simply enjoyed 1-3 and are looking forward to the 4th instalment. Same as others get excited for a follow up to one of their favourite game series. Nothing to do with being easily persuaded, or falling for CGI trailers. These times are long gone.

Kanethered

May 29, 2019
I'm not gonna believe Blizzard until I see the actual gameplay. Their development skills are gone.