• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im enjoying this game in singleplayer now and i have to say its quite refreshing.

I played d3 only multiplayer and rushed through it. Now i am listening to all the conversations. I like it.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
You currently can't differentiate between game downloads and DLC downloads. You'll have to delete the entire game.
Actually, that doesn't work. If you delete the whole game and re download it, you will get all the DLC. There is no option to turn off DLC.

I made the mistake of downloading all the language packs, and now the game takes up 64 GB of space. I eventually emailed Nintendo to assist me with removing the DLC. Lets see how that goes.

nick_b

Dec 10, 2017
Everyone says the story isn't great but I just finished Act 1 and that CG cutscene was metal as hell. I will admit I have been skimming the dialogue in game and not really delving in but I like the story so far. Treat it like an action movie and don't ask questions. I mainly skip dialogue because I want to get back to the gameplay anyway. Which is damn good.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Why can people i've blocked join my session?!
I don't want to play with people that sit in town or are a tail while doing bounties!

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, that doesn't work. If you delete the whole game and re download it, you will get all the DLC. There is no option to turn off DLC.

I made the mistake of downloading all the language packs, and now the game takes up 64 GB of space. I eventually emailed Nintendo to assist me with removing the DLC. Lets see how that goes.
You're right, after reading up on it. Once DLC is 'bought' it's essentially bundled to your game with no option to not install it.
Nintendo being Nintendo.

Hope they can revoke the free DLC for you, sounds like they can based on random reddit comments (https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...disable_the_download_language_dlc_for_skyrim/)

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
As someone who loved the game on PC and PS4 ' and looking to buy it for switch how well does it hold up ?
Played the shit out of it on PC. Absolutely loving it on Switch. I may just end up focusing on this version now and abandoning my PC characters. The handheld/play anywhere convenience is just fantastic for this sort of game.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone says the story isn't great but I just finished Act 1 and that CG cutscene was metal as hell. I will admit I have been skimming the dialogue in game and not really delving in but I like the story so far. Treat it like an action movie and don't ask questions. I mainly skip dialogue because I want to get back to the gameplay anyway. Which is damn good.

I've muted the voices, the dialog then seems more acceptable. :)

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
As someone who loved the game on PC and PS4 ' and looking to buy it for switch how well does it hold up ?

I'm loving the Switch version so far. The image is definitely softer due to the resolution being lower, but the gameplay is completely intact with a smooth frame-rate that hardly ever dips, even with lots of chaos onscreen. Diablo 3 fits the portable experience extremely well!

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Impulse bought this during the Cowboys game last night and ended up staying up way too late playing it. I'm struggling today. lol

Sitting here at work now and all I can think about is playing a six year old game that I have already sunk countless hours into on both PC and Xbox.

GG Blizzard.

It runs great. Runs identical compared to the Xbox version and It looks incredible in handheld mode. Kinda blew my mind when I played it last night. This is a AAA port.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
Played the shit out of it on PC. Absolutely loving it on Switch. I may just end up focusing on this version now and abandoning my PC characters. The handheld/play anywhere convenience is just fantastic for this sort of game.

I'm loving the Switch version so far. The image is definitely softer due to the resolution being lower, but the gameplay is completely intact with a smooth frame-rate that hardly ever dips, even with lots of chaos onscreen. Diablo 3 fits the portable experience extremely well!
well shit looks like I won't be buying Hellblade bring on Diablo!

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
You're right, after reading up on it. Once DLC is 'bought' it's essentially bundled to your game with no option to not install it.
Nintendo being Nintendo.

Hope they can revoke the free DLC for you, sounds like they can based on random reddit comments (https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...disable_the_download_language_dlc_for_skyrim/)
Thanks, its a huge oversight and I think more people made the same mistake I did. Even just 2 language packs takes up 10 GB of space.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I agree 100%. I found the story alright and thought there were some pretty good set pieces. Particularly enjoyed some parts of Act V.

It was a fun romp but I'm glad to be starting Adventure mode now.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skipping the story as a new player would be a big mistake I think. Not necessarily because the story is good, but it's a far better introduction to the game and the bosses than adventure mode.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's by far the best version of the game. Looks good on a 4k TV but looks magnificent on handheld screen and fits for short handheld bursts. Been playing almost nonstop whenever I have time for the last days. Even tho I already played D3 close to 1000 hours since launch.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn!

If my buddy ends up getting a Switch, can he download the save?

yes, i did this with a friend on the first day, we played an hour local each on our own switches then we moved his save to my switch using the cloud backup (he logged in my switch as a new user) and continued played on the same screen on my tv, then he got his latest save back on his own switch to keep playing

Edit: yeah you also need the online sub for clould backups. In case of your friend, he would need to get the sub to backup his saves and set the new switch as his primary but it should work (you could get a family plan for you 2 which should be cheaper)

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How does it play with just 1 joycon? Anyone have any impressions on that. If I'm getting it, it'll be to play co-op primarily on the go and I'd prefer not to lug around a lot.

lee n

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I am new to Diablo 3 and I started a seasonal game on the Switch a couple at launch. Then it occurred to me just now, seasons end at the end of the month right? Does that mean I'll lose my character and progress when the season ends?

This might not be the best mode to play for a new player that wants to take his time playing through the game?

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
How does it play with just 1 joycon? Anyone have any impressions on that. If I'm getting it, it'll be to play co-op primarily on the go and I'd prefer not to lug around a lot.

Personnally I don't like it. To equip something you'll have to press the joystick+X button for example, or shortcuts for returning to town/season menu/map are a combination of press the stick+button... Evade = shaking the JoyCon too.

I don't even know how to drink a pot on a single JoyCon. To drink a pot you'll have to press ZL, which is VERY misplaced on the left JoyCon (on the left, so the same side as the stick but... It's at the bottom).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I am new to Diablo 3 and I started a seasonal game on the Switch a couple at launch. Then it occurred to me just now, seasons end at the end of the month right? Does that mean I'll lose my character and progress when the season ends?

This might not be the best mode to play for a new player that wants to take his time playing through the game?
The character will simply become non-seasonal when the season ends. You can continue playing like nothing happened. There are just some benefits for seasonal characters like double bounty bags and specific challenges and rewards for completing them.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017

I think this season is a few weeks from ending, yes.
You don't lose access once the Season is over, it just moves to a "Normal" character.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France

You won't lose anything, all is transfered at the end of the season (lvl, gold, items, challenges, progression).
For a new player who wants to take his time, story mode is recommended. You can even play it with other players if you feel alone (but random players may ruin your experience by rushing everything). Seasonal character is strongly recommended because you can have free bonuses.

lee n

Oct 26, 2017
The character will simply become non-seasonal when the season ends. You can continue playing like nothing happened. There are just some benefits for seasonal characters like double bounty bags and specific challenges and rewards for completing them.
Ok, so there's literally no drawback other than the game whining about not having an internet connection occasionally?

Also that explains why I got two copies of Leoric's Crown.

Thanks!

(look at me, reaping the benefits from Firemind's Research)

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, I am new to Diablo 3 and I started a seasonal game on the Switch a couple at launch. Then it occurred to me just now, seasons end at the end of the month right?

No. Seasons generally last several months and the current season began in mid September. It's currently scheduled to end in mid December. Then there will be a short break before season 16 begins.

Does that mean I'll lose my character and progress when the season ends?

No, you lose nothing when a season ends. Your seasonal character is converted to a non-seasonal character at the end so you can still play them. All their gear, exp, inventory, gold, etc carry over as well so there is literally no downside.

Two things:

1. Seasons are appealing because you get a fresh start and there are special rewards that unlock for all your characters.

2. You can rebirth a non-seasonal character when a new season begins and start fresh with them. Afterwards they'll convert back to non-seasonal.

Seasonal is almost always the best way to play.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Man, the double caches from Bounties is the best. Grinding them was always the most tedious part of any new season; now it actually feels about right. I'm able to keep pace with all the legendaries I find, cubing their powers as I get them. Way better than the double treasure goblins from s14.

Sitting here at work now and all I can think about is playing a six year old game that I have already sunk countless hours into on both PC and Xbox.
Same here. The game is such a crazy good fit for the Switch though - it's great for playing in short bursts, the hardware runs it near-perfectly, and the base gameplay loop is so damn satisfying.

I think this season is a few weeks from ending, yes.
The season is planned to end on December 16, so Switch players still have about a month and a half.

Ok, so there's literally no drawback other than the game whining about not having an internet connection occasionally?
Pretty much. The game is also quite fast to reconnect to the network if wifi's around.

Also that explains why I got two copies of Leoric's Crown.
Well, maybe. The crown is a guaranteed drop from the Skeleton King the first time you fight him, so that may be the reason why you have another. Or maybe two of them simply dropped in a short span of time - it can happen!

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the double caches from Bounties is the best. Grinding them was always the most tedious part of any new season; now it actually feels about right. I'm able to keep pace with all the legendaries I find, cubing their powers as I get them. Way better than the double treasure goblins from s14.

Same here. The game is such a crazy good fit for the Switch though - it's great for playing in short bursts, the hardware runs it near-perfectly, and the base gameplay loop is so damn satisfying.

The season is planned to end on December 16, so Switch players still have about a month and a half.

Pretty much. The game is also quite fast to reconnect to the network if wifi's around.

Well, maybe. The crown is a guaranteed drop from the Skeleton King the first time you fight him, so that may be the reason why you have another. Or maybe two of them simply dropped in a short span of time - it can happen!

Mb. I thought it was a 2 month cycle for some reason.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
DigitalFoundry have done a tech analysis on the Switch version of Diablo 3:

"Diablo 3 on Switch Complete Tech Analysis - The Definitive Portable Release!"

CodeNfX

Oct 31, 2017
This thread is really tempting me to pick up the Switch version. I only played the PC version but haven't played it the last two years. I'm skeptical how it controls without mouse/keyboard but seems no one here has issues with it.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is really tempting me to pick up the Switch version. I only played the PC version but haven't played it the last two years. I'm skeptical how it controls without mouse/keyboard but seems no one here has issues with it.
It eats up my Switch's battery, but that's only because I'm playing for hours at a stretch. I'm in Seasonal mode.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a day one patch for this?? Reason I'm asking is because I want to buy my brother a copy and he's on deployment and out at sea so if part of the game is a download he won't be able to play it.

Edit: anyone know if Dark Souls is all on the cartridge also? Thanks.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a day one patch for this?? Reason I'm asking is because I want to buy my brother a copy and he's on deployment and out at sea so if part of the game is a download he won't be able to play it.

When I bought the Diablo 3 game card, as a test I plugged it in for the first time with my Switch offline (network settings deliberately changed so it couldn't connect to my router) and it's been running flawlessly, no additional downloads required except if you want to use another language (which it still prompts me to do whenever I start the game even though I'm using English).

There is likely to be a patch in the future as Blizzard have said that they intend to change the Switch's menu graphic for the game (many people don't like it) and presumably there will also be other fixes in that patch, whenever it is.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
A quick question, a couple of my items has somethjng calles abysmal dye or some
Other components. Does the item salvage to abysmal dye? Or what is that for?

Also what are scoundrel magic items? I have a pretty strong set of dice on my bag, but dunno
How to equip.

voidecker

Oct 27, 2017
Also what are scoundrel magic items? I have a pretty strong set of dice on my bag, but dunno
How to equip.

Scoundrel is a follower, you'll find him in town. Only he can equip the dice.

So I collected 5 bounties for my cache in act I, can I run it again to get more caches? Or can I no longer get caches, or should I just run rifts?

Restart your game, and you can re-run Act 1 for more caches

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
It'd been a while since I had played D3 and I'm astonished how fast you can get to real high end activities, especially in seasons. With the freebie set they give you for completing some easy seasonal challenges and a bit of luck along the way I have most of the core of my build in place, even if some stuff didn't roll great. Pushing Torment XII stuff without too much difficulty. XIII is a little too hairy still, so I need to chill and wait on Greater Rifts at 60+. But a few more upgrades and tweaks and I should be able to start trying it out.

I'd also forgotten how fast paragon levels come once you get going. Already around 350 I think. Might dabble in a bunch of characters at this rate, which I usually don't bother with.