• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Both accounts need NSO.

Surely that's a mistake and will be patched later, that's really, painfully stupid. This just went from a must buy to a 100% no, since co op with my flat mate was the main way I'd be able to play it

EDIT: sorry I have no idea how I quoted you from the other thread and ended up posting in this one, only had one tab open lmao

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Never played a Diablo but this sounds amazing! Is it beginner friendly?

Couldn't see this in the Op so apologies if it's been highlighted but what's the download size on Switch?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Surely that's a mistake and will be patched later, that's really, painfully stupid. This just went from a must buy to a 100% no, since co op with my flat mate was the main way I'd be able to play it

It's only going online that needs this, couch co-op offline doesn't. I'm not sure if you meant online or local, so just clarifying.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Never played a Diablo but this sounds amazing! Is it beginner friendly?

Couldn't see this in the Op so apologies if it's been highlighted but what's the download size on Switch?

It's very beginner friendly, it's something you bring "non gamers" into the gaming world with :)

I just caved in and bought it for the 3rd time as well, it's currently downloading.
Having D3 on the train is just too tempting.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
But what about the case where the second player has their own Switch account and Diablo save? For example my flat mate has one on my switch that isn't a guest but doesn't own his own switch so it's idiotic if they're expecting him to sign up to NSO
From Nintendo's perspective you're in the "Family Plan" group of scenarios for online subscriptions.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
It's very beginner friendly, it's something you bring "non gamers" into the gaming world with :)

I just caved in and bought it for the 3rd time as well, it's currently downloading.
Having D3 on the train is just too tempting.
Great thanks! My gf is a casual gamer, perhaps she would enjoy this too then!

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone comment on the mob density in this version? I would hate for the levels to feel barren.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Daammn. How the hell are some of you level 40 already?? I played for a good 3 hours and just got 9, wtf

Loving it so far though. Played it at launch on pc and never quite got into it but it just feels so good on here. I shoulda tried it on PS4 earlier but ignored it. Feels great with a controller but portable?? Holy shit, whole new world

Also, weirdly enough, turning on a bunch of the healthbars and damage/healing numbers in the game options somehow improved it even more to me. Made it feel more old school if that makes sense. improved the appeal.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SW-0917-9470-9208
If someone wants to add me for some online play sometime in the future maybe. (EU)

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Daammn. How the hell are some of you level 40 already?? I played for a good 3 hours and just got 9, wtf

Loving it so far though. Played it at launch on pc and never quite got into it but it just feels so good on here. I shoulda tried it on PS4 earlier but ignored it. Feels great with a controller but portable?? Holy shit, whole new world

Also, weirdly enough, turning on a bunch of the healthbars and damage/healing numbers in the game options somehow improved it even more to me. Made it feel more old school if that makes sense. improved the appeal.

How were you only level 9 after 3 hours? I got level 5 after 15 minutes lol.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Weird issue. It defaulted to English (UK) for voice language, and every time I hit the main menu, it gives me a prompt to go to the eShop to get a matching voice pack. Obviously, there isn't one, and the only way to stop the message is to change the selected language to English (US). Why even have UK as an option?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I've got 5 legendary drops so far.
4 of which are Leoric's Crown.. I think the game really really wants me to have that legendary :D

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Played a bit during breakfast. Can't wait to just hop into adventure mode and skip the story!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Made a necormancer on break and unlocked corpse explosion but not sure how to use it? I target a area for explosion, the ground lights up red and nothing happens and then randomly everything explodes. How do I do it correctly?

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to skip this due to not wanting to play through the campaign again, but having Adventure mode unlocked from the start might get me to drop $60. Damn you, D3.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I might want to play this again on my switch. So awesome that you can play in handheld too.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone comment on the mob density in this version? I would hate for the levels to feel barren.

Havent seen any difference compare to PS4. Its real! :). Im lvl 25, doing bounty, rift, and its what its supposed to be. Higher rift should be as we saw on PS4. It does not compare at all with the PS3 version if younwere affraid of that.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Made a necormancer on break and unlocked corpse explosion but not sure how to use it? I target a area for explosion, the ground lights up red and nothing happens and then randomly everything explodes. How do I do it correctly?

That skill targets an enemy corpse and causes it to explode. It can't be used if there is no corpse. The explosion is a small AoE, but it doesn't target an area directly.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
every time I start the game it is telling me "add-on content for the chosen audio language has not been detected on this system" and asks me to download language packs.

but my switch's OS is English...the game is in English, the audio is in English. wtf is happening?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Killing enemies leaves corpses behind. You highlight these corpses and cast the skill and the corpses explode.

Deleted member 9197

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Strongly considering a pickup. I bought this on PS4 back at launch and put in only like 20 hours. I enjoyed it, but there was just too much competing for my time and too few people to play with, but the idea of having this on handheld and being able to play in short sessions and sleep the console anywhere is very appealing.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
every time I start the game it is telling me "add-on content for the chosen audio language has not been detected on this system" and asks me to download language packs.

but my switch's OS is English...the game is in English, the audio is in English. wtf is happening?

Seems to be a bug for the UK version when it's set to "English (UK)" rather than "English (US)"

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to show the enemies health as numbers in addition to the bars? Like in the PC version.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
Brought my switch to work for the first time to be able to try it out on lunch. I've been waiting since 2000 for portable diablo.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
My copy came via Fedex at 9am. Thank you Best Buy! This is the earliest I've ever gotten a shipped game. Will be playing while watching BlizzCon.

Last edited:

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Switch from English (UK) to English (US) in Gameplay > Audio.

I know.. it's dumb.

Last edited:

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
So this is a complete edition with all the content included in the cart, right? As it's an old game I'm not expecting much of additional downloads so I'm contemplating buying this physical. Or am I wrong here?

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Never played this game (even though i have a battlenet account and own a few blizzard games on pc). I kind of want to jump in on the switch version but my time is already divided between MHGenU, DBFZ, and whatever SP game im playing at the time.. sigh...

sfaok

Nov 6, 2017
I played the vanilla Diablo 3 but only to the end of the story. Is there an advantage to starting the game at a higher difficulty than Normal? I assume you get more XP but what about loot drops etc?

Also how does difficulty work in Adventure Mode - would I just slowly ratchet up the difficulty as the game becomes easier due to better skills / equipment, and repeat?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played the vanilla Diablo 3 but only to the end of the story. Is there an advantage to starting the game at a higher difficulty than Normal? I assume you get more XP but what about loot drops etc?

Also how does difficulty work in Adventure Mode - would I just slowly ratchet up the difficulty as the game becomes easier due to better skills / equipment, and repeat?

More XP, More Drops, Certain stuff can only drop on higher difficulty levels.
https://d3resource.com/difficulties/

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
And £5 cheaper than the other consoles digitally.
DqW8OKcWsAAR9Sx.jpg