• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yea even though D2 was one of my favorites around the millennium, I can't support this trash company.

Also hot sauce and poop socks for marketing schlock…yay to those lucky shills I guess.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Diablo 2 is one of my favourite games, my friend gave me a copy after I attempted suicide in my job, I would need to stay home, so he gave me in order to keep me distract and even with this special relation and story with the game, I'm not buying. FUCK ACTIVISION BLIZZARD!!!

FatalT

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
User banned (3 days): trolling and antagonizing other members
Kinda weird looking at the post counts and histories of the couple of members in this thread that are super excited about playing this.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sucks that I wont be playing the remaster/remake of my favorite game.

After all the shit that went down and continues to go down, I'm just done with this pile of shit company.

I see no reason to buy this game as a person who has played D2 on and off for 20 odd years and has gotten into modded versions of the game. They added a few quality of life features which is cool, but the game is the same stale game its been for 15 years. I'm good. They nixxed any possibility of future modding which leaves the game dead on arrival and in the future for me. That's without even touching on the lawsuit, which has just cemented my decision for me. Despicable shit.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I want to try the hot sauce. Also servers gonna be smashed to bits come Thursday morning lol

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I am not gonna buy it given the shit around this company, but I even wonder if this game would be even good in 2021 with zero changes to it's systems.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I am not gonna buy it given the shit around this company, but I even wonder if this game would be even good in 2021 with zero changes to it's systems.
Considering people still play the Diablo 2 ladder resets, yeah. Will it be the juggernaught it once was? No. Too much competition in general in gaming for any game -- especially a 20+ year old game. The mod community will like it most likely.

PMA

Alt account / Attempted to circumvent ban with alt
Banned
Sep 13, 2021
I enjoyed Diablo 2 back in the day. While I respect anyones decision to or not to play this I simply cannot do it myself with everything we've learnt from Activision blizzard.

I hope they make some real change there.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Cool kit, especially that SoJ! Thursday morning cannot come soon enough.

EDIT: Just realized the box they included mimics the classic PC box art for D2L.

Last edited:

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Won't be touching this pile of garbage with a 10 foot pole. Fucking horrendous company.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This shit is so tacky and any influencer who plays into their hands and proudly shows it off on social media should take a good look at themselves.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Pretty cool kit. Beta felt kind of dated to me but I may buy the game anyway. As far as Diablo goes, I'm really looking forward to Diablo 4 and Immortal.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
hot sauce?
socks?
a random headset that most of the press will prob not use?
The ring?

The throwback to the older style of pc game packaging is kinda cool I guess

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
This shit is so tacky and any influencer who plays into their hands and proudly shows it off on social media should take a good look at themselves.

Streamers will absolutely show it off and have a blast with it.

I really can't support this company anymore after all the shitty things they've done.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Yassss. I am so ready to pursue the Wanderer to the east again.

Hope the servers don't shit themselves.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Glad I'm playing singleplayer so I won't have to worry about the servers unlike with Diablo 3. That sucked.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Might pick this game up at some point, though not sure how much time I would actually sink into it as it is essentially a game Ive played before, except with incredibly beautiful visuals this time.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Really? Do we really need that here? It's bad enough when press people and influencer show off with their free exclusive, totally not manipulating, goodies on social media.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

This game won't have issues selling millions on PC, people are still playing the OG Diablo 2 in the year 2021.

On consoles? That's another matter.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Thursday can't come soon enough, buyin two!!
29569-l.webp

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Kinda weird looking at the post counts and histories of the couple of members in this thread that are super excited about playing this.

As opposed to implying folks that have an interested in this need to be scrutinized? Last time I remember folks were allowed to have an interest in this game and don't need to be shamed for doing so.

The site administrator has made his stance clear on this too.
www.resetera.com

Diablo II: Resurrected Open Beta has begun - Currently 3rd Most Watched Category on Twitch (beta key drops from watching) Activision/Blizzard

Not endulging in anything from this company for a while. The fact twitch is doing this kind of drop... Jfc

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I love D2, but ActiBlizzard needs to change before I support them.
I'm hoping that Vicarious Visions (the ones who did most, if not all, of the heavy lifting on this project) will be a positive influence for ActiBlizz company culture, in addition to reportedly most of the worst offenders leaving, and ends up leading to a better New Blizzard™ here in the 2020s. VV seems to have their head on straight here.

That being said, the player-community around Diablo is still a friendly inclusive place that welcomes everyone who wants in on some demon slaying. I've seen so many new player tips posts on Reddit, it's unreal.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
These promo kits always feels a bit sketchy to me, almost like they want to bribe people. Just sending the game should be enough.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I'm hoping that Vicarious Visions (the ones who did most, if not all, of the heavy lifting on this project) will be a positive influence for ActiBlizz company culture, in addition to reportedly most of the worst offenders leaving, and ends up leading to a better New Blizzard™ here in the 2020s. VV seems to have their head on straight here.

That being said, the player-community around Diablo is still a friendly inclusive place that welcomes everyone who wants in on some demon slaying. I've seen so many new player tips posts on Reddit, it's unreal.

I don't know how much influence VV can actually do considering their offices are in Albany, NY and the larger offices of Acti-Blizzard are out west in California.

I mean this in the sense of company culture and interacting with other employees of Activision as a whole. Of course this bearing that VV remains at their office in New York and don't transfer staff to California or the New York branch shutting down.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
theres a thread for that
Yes, it's this tread - and every other Activision Blizzard thread.

If hype threads about this company are allowed, every one of them should have a disclaimer about what happened.

The original is in my top 5 games and I was waiting for a return to form from Diablo for a long time. As it is, I can't give them any money though - the best I can do against these practices is vote with my money, so that's what I'm doing.

Bopp

Aug 6, 2021
Can't wait.
PS5 version already preloaded, PC version will be pre-ordered/loaded tomorrow. Took Friday off from work and will pull an allnighter.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Considering people still play the Diablo 2 ladder resets, yeah. Will it be the juggernaught it once was? No. Too much competition in general in gaming for any game -- especially a 20+ year old game. The mod community will like it most likely.
My experience with ARPG is mostly with PoE and D3, and a bit from Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. I played D2 long time ago when I was a kid and when I boot the game recently to try the beta, the biggest hurdle is having to press 2 buttons each time I want to use different skills on right click, and the small ass inventory size. Worse still later on those inventory would be filled up by charms. I really don't like this. Some D2 mods and Last Epoch are doing the charms right by giving charms separate dedicated spots so we actually have space to loot things in a loot game.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
My experience with ARPG is mostly with PoE and D3, and a bit from Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. I played D2 long time ago when I was a kid and when I boot the game recently to try the beta, the biggest hurdle is having to press 2 buttons each time I want to use different skills on right click, and the small ass inventory size. Worse still later on those inventory would be filled up by charms. I really don't like this. Some D2 mods and Last Epoch are doing the charms right by giving charms separate dedicated spots so we actually have space to loot things in a loot game.

I keep forgetting I bought Last Epoch. Didn't even load it up yet. I've been just waiting for it to leave Early Access. I may just start it up sooner.

It's probably much better than Wolcen which even after it's full release still felt half-baked.