• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haha. Yeah I never played it until a month or so before Diablo 3 released. I only ever finished normal. My hand hurt so much just from playing those few hours in normal. I'm looking forward to playing with a controller. I think it will be easier for me.

The variety of builds that are affected by items is fantastic. It really is a deep game. I hope people get into the late game because thats where it's exciting.

Also hardcore ladder is the most exciting thing in the game.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
"let's not take something away with this remaster"

sad that they didn't adopt that policy with warcraft 3 reforged...

offline play confirmed, woo.

Last edited:

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I actually want Diablo II, I tried playing Diablo III with my roommates but we didn't stick with the game, would I like Diablo II more?

Ovaltine

Oct 25, 2017
This is incredible. I am so fucking hype right now - it looks and sound like they did an amazing job and truly were reverent to one of the best games of all time.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy looking back and seeing how low res those character sprites were. In my memory I could make out so much more detail.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The D2R Deep Dive right now (almost finished) is amazing. So much TLC being put into this.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
This panel is incredible. The amount of detail and care put into this game is overwhelming and it is making me incredibly excited about this. If every remaster was this good, they wouldn't need to make as many new games.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I fucking cheered. Playing D2 with my kid on our PS4s sounds fucking great. We loved playing through D3 on PS3.

I actually teared up a bit even.

Also, I'm really excited to see the cut scenes. I love the classics, but they are really really showing the CGI's age so it will awesome to see it realized in modern graphics.

GOD DAMN BEST SOUNDTRACK IN ANY GAME. I'm so hyped.

Time to go east. Always east.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The deep dive was great but I have to say, what the fuck happened to the Paladin and Druid's character model? lol

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shirley I'm not the only person psyched to play the old graphics mode on a Switch handheld? 😭 A younger me is leaping at the thought!

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Devs confirmed a shared stash and a toggle for auto gold pick up. That's cool.
AUTO

GOLD

PICK UP
N1CAC6U.gif

Coztoomba

Oct 28, 2017
They are going to make SO MUCH MONEY from this. I'll probably buy it on Windows / Xbox and Switch. Looks amazing.

I'm interested about drop rates etc. SOJ duping end high end rune words such a big part of the game that with normal drop rates some gear will be rare as hell. It will certainly make things harder and more interesting in the end game. Every character used to have Occy, Lidless, Shako, 2x SOJ etc.

I didn't get to watch all the stream so not sure if some of this stuff was mentioned.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
They are going to make SO MUCH MONEY from this. I'll probably buy it on Windows / Xbox and Switch. Looks amazing.

I'm interested about drop rates etc. SOJ duping end high end rune words such a big part of the game that with normal drop rates some gear will be rare as hell. It will certainly make things harder and more interesting in the end game. Every character used to have Occy, Lidless, Shako, 2x SOJ etc.

I didn't get to watch all the stream so not sure if some of this stuff was mentioned.

From what i heard in the deep dive i am almost convinced they didnt touch drop rates

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Watched all of the deep dive panel, man this seems infinitely better than what happened with WC3. Sometimes there's caveats, like 'oh it's a mostly good package, but....'. With this it seems like they're nailing it, with what's known so far.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I'm very interested if they're keeping the same procedural layouts for certain areas.

There's an art to running this game after so many times that you can remember the relative directions of the entries/exits/waypoints for each area.
For example, Durance 2 WP is always left from entrance, and the exit/entry to Durance 3 is left from the WP. Ryu has a great set of video tutorials going through each area.

Sometimes it can be a toss-up but there are also some that have hints in the area itself like Halls of Vaught with the paintings. I can imagine them keeping stuff like this in.

Coztoomba

Oct 28, 2017
Watched all of the deep dive panel, man this seems infinitely better than what happened with WC3. Sometimes there's caveats, like 'oh it's a mostly good package, but....'. With this it seems like they're nailing it, with what's known so far.

While I loved WC3. D2 is one of my favourite games of all time. It just makes me feel sad for the WC3 fans that had to see their favourite game ruined while D2 looks amazing. It's also sad the Bliz seem happy to just let WC3 be a failure and not strive for true redemption like say, what happened with No Mans Sky.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
wow most exciting piece of game news for me in quite some time. While it was clear the Remake was coming, I didn't expect it to come out on switch at all. That's where I'm gonna get it.

digging the graphic style too, let's see how it'll turn out on the switch of course

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Here goes another thousand hours of my life gone. Wonder if the ridiculously OP fire sorc I made way back when is still a good strategy. Just gimme some good netcode and please make Duriel's room slightly less of a pain in the ass plz

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I can't believe they are doing this on a new engine all 3d and it is launching this year... We don't need diablo 4 anymore :D