• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
It seems like the reflective surface is going to be the new overused effect in games next gen.
Everything is reflective in real life, so I hope next gen games do that!

I think people are so conditioned to games doing reflections completely wrong that they forgot how reflective the real World is, even my matte wooden table I am typing this on has gobs of reflections.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

I think people are so conditioned to games doing reflections completely wrong that they forgot how reflective the real World is, even my matte wooden table I am typing this on has gobs of reflections.
Yep.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Hell, even my ass is reflective. Very shiny.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, there is real life, and then there is something like the AMD RT demo though.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
They really nailed the murky brown of the Thames.

Would like to see more when the game releases, that didn't look impressive to me.

Oct 27, 2017

Thers a difference between surfaces reflecting light and being in a giant mirror hall like games make it look like.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
The overall visual package is ugly tbh and not it's not the video it's the grainy filters and overshapening the game uses. It looks flat and dull and noisy.

The RT features are impressive as usual but it anchored to a confusing, chaotic art/visual style which isnt visually appealing to me.