• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I re-installed Skyrim on my ps5 just to try this out a few days ago and it's fantastic. It feels very smooth and it's fairly easy to get trophies working along with it.

Thank you for the mod, Wrighton. It's making me go back for another playthrough.

OP
OP
zombiejames

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the DF guys would go a little deeper into modding and see how the next-gen consoles handle more extensive load outs. I'd image with a lot of cosmetic or graphical mods running at once it would stress the game even more.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
is there mini map mod? couldn't get really into it but it would help things.

I don't know you can search the mod store and see.

I have to say I'm impressed with the image quality. 4k is super sharp and while you obviously can't do much with character models, the resolution increase alone does wonders. (I haven't played it for years)

I'm going to experiment with different graphics mods but the ones referenced in the video are impressive.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The game runs well but I'd like to see a version that really looks like it was released within the last few years.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say I'm impressed with the image quality. 4k is super sharp and while you obviously can't do much with character models, the resolution increase alone does wonders. (I haven't played it for years)
Yeah I had no idea that the game shipped with pro support that enabled native 4K and I only got my 4K tv recently. This is what's so nice about the mod on ps5, because 4K60 is not possible on the pro.
He uploaded video/tutorial about how he made the Mod and how you can upload your own Mods with .ini files

🙏

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
Can either XSX or PS5 use higher resolution texture packs? I assume the PS5 cannot due to Sony's rules on mods?

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Does a mod exist to remove level scaling ? If yes i'm going to buy it now !
They exist on Xbox, not sure about PS4. Morrowloot Ultimate and Skyrim Unleveled come to mind, though it's possible they don't work on PS4 due to Sony's restrictions on modding.
Though I'm not very bothered by Skyrim's level-scaling. Some enemies don't level scale with you, some do. Some regions are tougher from the beginning of the game with tougher enemies. Level scaling is not a big annoyance for me, like Oblivion's level scaling was, though mods that remove level scaling obviously make things more interesting.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
They exist on Xbox, not sure about PS4. Morrowloot Ultimate and Skyrim Unleveled come to mind, though it's possible they don't work on PS4 due to Sony's restrictions on modding.
Though I'm not very bothered by Skyrim's level-scaling. Some enemies don't level scale with you, some do. Some regions are tougher from the beginning of the game with tougher enemies. Level scaling is not a big annoyance for me, like Oblivion's level scaling was, though mods that remove level scaling obviously make things more interesting.

Wasn't aware that was even possible on Xbox.

May have took look into this one as well.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I like the combo in this video.

Epic Crispy Graphics
Lively Graphics Overhaul
Skyrim Unofficial Patch
Skyrim 60FPS

I wonder if the DF guys would go a little deeper into modding and see how the next-gen consoles handle more extensive load outs. I'd image with a lot of cosmetic or graphical mods running at once it would stress the game even more.
I'd definitely be interested in how that set of mods affects performance on PS5. I think I remember reading about some Xbox-specific packs of mods just crippling frame rate, it'd be interesting to see if Series X is able to lock to 30fps on those.

Oct 27, 2017
This mod has definitely bumped my Platinum playthrough of Skyrim from "whenever I have the time" to topping my priority list!

Would it be possible to do the Trophy trick (enable the mod, save, disable it, keeping it active but also earning Trophies) with other mods? It's a pity Bethesda doesn't let us earn Trophies/Achievements with mods installed, even if they are just cosmetic and don't affect the gameplay balance :/

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I love the fact that neither the Series X nor the PS5 use any of the extra hardware, yet they power through at an almost locked 4K/60, in most cases.

Impressive machines. Might just give Skyrim a try (didn't care for it on PS3, for obvious reasons...)
I am impressed by the consoles, too. Jaguar CPU were just bad, even in 2013.
Seeing PS4 run the game at 40fps makes me wonder why Bethesda went for native 4K on Pro when 1080p/60 would have been achievable. I'm all for higher res, but Skrym frankly doesn't need it.
I don't know if such a mode would've been possible, because we don't know if Skyrim wouldn't be CPU bound at 60FPS.
So what is Bethesda going to do to convince people to septuple-dip on the inevitable next-gen exclusive version?
I want a next gen version with better draw distance textures and ray tracing (path tracing if possible). That would be great and fingers crossed Microsoft would release this for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S

Engin

Oct 25, 2017
hey guys, i have a question for someone who knows technical things. i thought the ps5 has back compat modes for ps4 and ps4pro, each runs at the same mhz as the console(ps4/pro) on cpu/gpu side, but games are running better because of the architectural advances. with skyrim they say that the ps5 has all 10 tflops to calculate the game. how now?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
How did the modders manage such feat without sacrificing resolution or graphics? Or did they? Did they explain how?

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
How did the modders manage such feat without sacrificing resolution or graphics? Or did they? Did they explain how?
the game doesn't have a native PS5 version so the 30fps lock in the base version is because it's been inherited from the PS4/PS4 Pro version, which needed the lock to keep the frame rates (mostly) stable. the mod is effectively finding a way to turn this lock off (and tweaking a few things with the physics so as to not break everything) which allows the PS5 to brute force it's way to 60.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
curious, it's 60fps capped rather than unlocked right? doesn't skyrim start going a little haywire over 60fps?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I was considering a replay a month or three ago, but 60 FPS + trophies? I might go for this. I platinumed it on PS3 long ago, but wouldn't mind a double-plat.
Are any of the Creation Shop goodies available for purchase actually worth while, for someone that's already experienced vanilla Skyrim?
I'm not interested in any other mods, since they block trophies. But I assume stuff from the Creation Shop is fair game...

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Surprised DF still didn't notice that Ambient Occlusion doesn't render on 50% of the screen on Xbox. This has been a big since the One X patch. I noticed immediately, how they didn't see it straight away I just don't know.