• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Not all the changes for the Western release of the third game were bad. They got rid if this trash.
sor3-9.gif
sor3-7.gif

Thing is, I'm willing to bet it was because it depicted a clearly homosexual person as opposed to it being an offensive depiction of a homosexual person.

And you know what? This isn't even the most vile portrayal of a gay enemy in a brawler. I give you this piece of video game history from Konami's Vendetta that's best left to the mists of time. (apologies for the video title, it's the best one I can find)

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Game Gear and Master System versions of SoR1 were actually different. GG version was uglier, only had 2 characters and less stages, but played better

Oh interesting. It's been a while since I sampled the GG version and didn't have time to check. Sadly I don't have either cart

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
That was a great video, going to link my buddy. Looking forward to this game. I hope it is 3 players to play with both my boys.

Edit: Oh shit. It's 4 player!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Switch and XBO version looked at
  • switch version ported by Seaven Studio, who did the PS4 version
  • minor dips that seem to be intentional
  • nothing cut, exactly the same as PS4
  • joycon controls work fine, not as comfortable
  • has legacy more on all systems; 3-button like the first 3 games
  • Blitworks made the Xbox port
  • no input latency issue on any system
  • xbox has practically no graphics options, just luminosity and screen shake
  • the crt filters are in the game during some levels, so it's weird it's not here
  • Windows Store version doesn't have the many PC options
  • has issues running (WinStore strikes again!)
  • you can change the food! with vegan option!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Glad to know all versions are great. Probably getting this on Switch now.

Weird about the missing graphics options on the Xbox version. Maybe they will patch them in later.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
Great video as usual. Played a fair bit of the game already, really loved it. Got it on the PS4. I'm not sure if this's the right place for this, but I would love if you made video covering Fight N'Rage. I'm torn which is better between the two.

OP
OP
Barneystuta

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
An updated video comparing the different versions, including Xbox, Switch and the Windows 10 version.

youtu.be

Streets of Rage 4 - Switch + Xbox One Versions Tested - And Yes, They're Awesome

In our recent Streets of Rage 4 coverage, we only had access to the PS4 and Steam PC versions before launch. With the game now available, John and Rich round...

In short, all games are locked 60. Including the Switch.

The Xbox and Windows 10 version lacks graphical options (e.g some of the filters/video changes).

I thought I was missing a setting (playing on Xbox). It feels like a very stranger omission and more a design choice than anything else.

Edit: a quick search on twitter finds the answer. The Xbox/MS version was missing a patch.

twitter.com

Lizardcube #SOR4 Out Now! on Twitter

“@WarpZoneBlog @nmacipad @BlitWorks @Guard_Crush @Dotemu Les options graphiques font partie du patch manquant. Nos excuses, nous travaillons dessus.”

Last edited:

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
An updated video comparing the different versions, including Xbox, Switch and the Windows 10 version.

youtu.be

Streets of Rage 4 - Switch + Xbox One Versions Tested - And Yes, They're Awesome

In our recent Streets of Rage 4 coverage, we only had access to the PS4 and Steam PC versions before launch. With the game now available, John and Rich round...

In short, all games are locked 60. Including the Switch.

The Xbox and Windows 10 version lacks graphical options (e.g some of the filters/video changes).

I thought I was missing a setting (playing on Xbox). It feels like a very stranger omission and more a design choice than anything else.

Edit: a quick search on twitter finds the answer. The Xbox/MS version was missing a patch.

twitter.com

Lizardcube #SOR4 Out Now! on Twitter

“@WarpZoneBlog @nmacipad @BlitWorks @Guard_Crush @Dotemu Les options graphiques font partie du patch manquant. Nos excuses, nous travaillons dessus.”
FYI. A recent update to the Xbox version added in those missing graphical options.