• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Until posters bring as much expertise with their material, anyone attacking DF for not being partisan enough should be named and shamed
Sorry, but if people can criticize devs that make games or engineers that design hw, media can be also criticised. And news sites, reporters etc have their own biases and reasons, and DF isn't immune. One thing is their technical analysis, which they are very good at, and a different thing is their subjective take on certain topics, that can lead some people to think they are partisan.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
Gonna stop you right there and just say, fanboy console warriors say we have a different bias depending upon the wind and the temperature outside. At the start of the current Generation, DF was called Sony Foundry because the PS4 ran games at higher res than Xbox One. Then the fanboys Switched places when the Xbox One X came out. Now adays it is essentially from Video to video: John making a positive Video about a Sony exclusive makes DF a Sony biased channel, except when he makes a positive Video about an MS game a few weeks later and DF is now an Xbox biased channel suddenly. These are merely perceptions of people who invest a lot of their social energy online into falsely perceived slights and conspiracy Theories.

beautiful post

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
So there's no Sony memory expanding card? And they'll likely overheat? I juggle a lot of PS4 games and want to play them on PS5. Wondering what the options are.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
People upset about the lack of details here can't really be putting that on DF. They didn't have much to run with here, and anything else would would be conjecture, beyond the design and teardown itself. I think it's the best you can hope for given those circumstances. Other teardown commentaries are WAY out in the weeds with speculation to expound on things Sony hasn't given much information on yet.

I never would have thought that MS letting the the media have early access to their console, would directly lead to the media being accused of bias against Sony. "We have no first hand information to give you" does not equal bias.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
stop for a moment and imagine the next 6/7 years like this

giphy.gif

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
People upset about the lack of details here can't really be putting that on DF. They didn't have much to run with here, and anything else would would be conjecture, beyond the design and teardown itself. I think it's the best you can hope for given those circumstances. Other teardown commentaries are WAY out in the weeds with speculation to expound on things Sony hasn't given much information on yet.

I never would have thought that MS letting the the media have early access to their console, would directly lead to the media being accused of bias against Sony. "We have no first hand information to give you" does not equal bias.

People are morons. Yes, every single person upset at media outlets for not having more info is a moron. They can't provide you with something they haven't been provided.

It's stupid and childish. I think anyone here that has done so should be banned, but that's my opinion.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So there's no Sony memory expanding card? And they'll likely overheat? I juggle a lot of PS4 games and want to play them on PS5. Wondering what the options are.
Where did you get this idea?

You can expand the ps5 storage, they show a slot for an additional ssd to be input that will add to the on-board ssd total.

As for overheating, I would think it was pretty clear how seriously Sony have taken heating issues and it should be safe to assume that won't be an issue like it was for PS4 or PS4 Pro.

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
This is what you get when you can't increase and enforce minimum age requirement on internet forums. (Big assumption: as people get older, they may become mature)

Bunch of dumbass teenagers looking for console wars out of nothing. Just because DF didn't use couple of more superlatives to describe PS5 and also mentioned it was Sony who didn't provide any access to PS5 hardware, they are butthurt?

DF guys, for all these "dumbers", there are people who appreciate your work so keep it up.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017

You can expand the ps5 storage, they show a slot for an additional ssd to be input that will add to the on-board ssd total.

As for overheating, I would think it was pretty clear how seriously Sony have taken heating issues and it should be safe to assume that won't be an issue like it was for PS4 or PS4 Pro.
Yeah, the m.2 expansion slot is next to the fan for something...

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I would just like to say something here about Richard's audio. It sounds waaayyy too compressed, like someone just slapped the most aggressive compressor they could find on it. Before that, it used to be way too quiet in previous videos.

I hope I'm not being rude by pointing this out, but it's really distracting. Maybe someone else on the team can help him out with the audio mixing or something? Because everyone else's audio mixing has been fine for the most part.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, the m.2 expansion slot is next to the fan for something...
Of course anything is possible in this world but the idea that Sony made the ps5 massive with barely used liquid metal cooling, vents everywhere, a massive fan and a ridiculously large heatsink only to neglect the cooling for the additional memory slot is pretty damn funny.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course anything is possible in this world but the idea that Sony made the ps5 massive with barely used liquid metal cooling, vents everywhere, a massive fan and a ridiculously large heatsink only to neglect the cooling for the additional memory slot is pretty damn funny.
It would be a massive oversight if it were true and almost impossible for it to happen.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the video, it's always nice to see different takes on the same subject.

Richard definitely does not seem impressed nor excited, even though he mentions this more traditional route is a tried and tested method.

There's almost a hint of boredom haha. Plus, he quite literally states the Xbox Series X is a piece of engineering marvel.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
I agree with John, it's interesting to see the different approaches. Pretty clear that Sony has tried to keep costs down by relying on tried and true methods of heat dissipation by making it large! I think MS win the best industrial design badge for being able to pack arguably more power into a small device. Will be interesting to see if the design decisions taken by Sony manage to keep the machine quite! I am sure they will.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
don't really watch much DF videos but this analysis wasn't any different or had anymore insight than others ive seen so meh. were they really busy or something? cause they could have released this video around the time the ps5 was shown off. were they hoping sony would send them a console or something?

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
How? He's simply being academic about things, and that is a fact, there isn't any emotion in his words or expression. I mean you people need to stop making assumptions without any evidence, it's hearsay and completely worthless in discussions.
Are you kidding me? You can hear how dejected the man is for not having a console to teardown himself at the start of the video. Hell, I would be as well. Being a heavy tech focused channel no one can really blame them for feeling that way. With that said, you need to stop assuming that I was being negative towards Richard. I have zero issues with how he handled himself in the video. Thought he handled it extremely well, to be perfectly clear.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna stop you right there and just say, fanboy console warriors say we have a different bias depending upon the wind and the temperature outside. At the start of the current Generation, DF was called Sony Foundry because the PS4 ran games at higher res than Xbox One. Then the fanboys Switched places when the Xbox One X came out. Now adays it is essentially from Video to video: John making a positive Video about a Sony exclusive makes DF a Sony biased channel, except when he makes a positive Video about an MS game a few weeks later and DF is now an Xbox biased channel suddenly. These are merely perceptions of people who invest a lot of their social energy online into falsely perceived slights and conspiracy Theories.
UH, I don't know who you think you're fooling, Dictator, whoever you may be... but we ALL know you guys love CDi above all. Don't try to hide it.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017

Well from the article. This sentence is litteraly FUD, and it's also wrong as Sony seem to have thought about it with their design.
but these drives can get hot and I do wonder how the system aims to cool them

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This is what you get when you can't increase and enforce minimum age requirement on internet forums. (Big assumption: as people get older, they may become mature)

Bunch of dumbass teenagers looking for console wars out of nothing. Just because DF didn't use couple of more superlatives to describe PS5 and also mentioned it was Sony who didn't provide any access to PS5 hardware, they are butthurt?

DF guys, for all these "dumbers", there are people who appreciate your work so keep it up.
This isnt kids participating there are grown ass adults in these forums doing the same stuff.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with John, it's interesting to see the different approaches. Pretty clear that Sony has tried to keep costs down by relying on tried and true methods of heat dissipation by making it large! I think MS win the best industrial design badge for being able to pack arguably more power into a small device. Will be interesting to see if the design decisions taken by Sony manage to keep the machine quite! I am sure they will.
It's far more interesting for them to be trying to do the same thing differently than to have two boxes be virtually the same.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
don't really watch much DF videos but this analysis wasn't any different or had anymore insight than others ive seen so meh. were they really busy or something?

They were (as the teardown came with no warning) and they even said the teardown video was an uninteresting thing to make a video about due to them learning very little from it

Hulkamania78

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester UK
Its so sad the tribalism against gaming consoles. I think on here it sways more to Playstation than MS and its clear as day. However I've seen plenty of MS fanboys jump on any Sony indiscretion. We are supposed to be adults.

Debate yes but personal attacks are becoming less and less interesting on this site and social media.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
don't really watch much DF videos but this analysis wasn't any different or had anymore insight than others ive seen so meh. were they really busy or something? cause they could have released this video around the time the ps5 was shown off. were they hoping sony would send them a console or something?

id imagine pumping out content isn't easy stuff

from what I see theyre covering most topics we see about hardware and software that's to do with next gen

I just watched that dirt 5 video like yesterday

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing Fellow Member; Perpetuating Conspiracy Theories Around Journalism
You need to go outside, get some fresh air, and have a serious word with yourself.

All this conspiracy nonsense isn't a good look.

What's all that personal attack for just debating if something happened between them since DF was pretty much the chosen media to unveil PS5 specs the second Road to PS5 started and after that Sony never counted on them again?

Maybe the one who needs to go outside and stop being passive agressive to third persons that they dont know is the one with 2.000 posts in an online forum (you). Yikes.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like outlets should probably have PS5's any day now.

Hardware reviews and launch software reviews take time. We know Xbox Series X consoles have been sent out but still no indication for Series S machines. Still a month to go for launch but the clock is ticking.

I wonder how the timescales compare to last gen and the one before that.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
I love DF vids and this is no exception. Think this analysis is all they could do atm, as they don't have a unit themselves.

I'm sure both consoles will have great games. Can't wait for november 😎

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
So if they don't have a ps5 from what they say in this video, the earliest they would get it is next week, with content coming out the week after that (26th October). This means if Sony doesn't send out consoles next 2 weeks it isn't going to be very likely to see unsupervised hands on with the console before launch.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how you got that SSDs will be likely to overheat from the video. In any case, your best option is to use an external HDD/SSD for PS4 games.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I don't understand the concern over soldering the nand chips to the board. Apple has been doing it for years, it's not like these fail all the time.

Our saves are backed up in the cloud and elsewhere, and we can expand the storage ourselves.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I see the exact same things with sports fan and consultants.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you kidding me? You can hear how dejected the man is for not having a console to teardown himself at the start of the video. Hell, I would be as well. Being a heavy tech focused channel no one can really blame them for feeling that way. With that said, you need to stop assuming that I was being negative towards Richard. I have zero issues with how he handled himself in the video. Thought he handled it extremely well, to be perfectly clear.
That's just how Rich is, your projecting buddy. Simply amazed your trying to psycho analyze him in this video. That alone should be a cause for concern.

Last edited:

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017

Y'all need to stop this shit. Everyone.

NOW.

Can't believe they're calling DF biased... for crying out loud. They're one of the best and fairest channels out there.

Also, I'm concerned for John's health. People are clearly harassing them all the time, but that's something you've got to learn to deal with and live with it.