• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Crowd/traffic density downgrades can even be for balancing reasons, to be honest.

Streets full of people and cars everywhere are awesome for world building, but after 30 hours of playtime, when you just want to get to your destination, having cars everywhere can be a huge pain in the ass.

I can see opening establishing shots being scripted with tons of people for that world building value, but the regular dynamic gameplay being scaled back a little.
Think you see it in the vid already. There is some busy places for sure. I mean not packed but alot of NPC"s.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
or they just saw areas not shown in the b roll. The one from 2018 is far away and above of what Spiderman does, especially when it comes to details

More details is believable but more NPC and density no way...

BTW I'm not asking Cyberpunk to match the pedestrian and density of Spiderman. Just thought the city would be more lively that's all.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was rthis gameplay vidoe posted anywhere?
Are DF aware of this?

Theorry this video has Xbox button prompts unlike the the event footage which didn't show any buttons including the same scene you posted a gif from in the first page.

I wonder if this the XSX version or PC version played with Xbox controller.

It says "Captured on PC" at the bottom of the video at the start of the video on the Xbox YouTube channel.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Hopefully they unveil the current/next gen versions soon because for Cyberpunk being a cross-gen game and only running at 1080p on a 2080ti that's kinda worrisome. I guess it'll be checkerboard on all consoles?

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Dios Mio 0_o the footage they are showing looks even more impressive. I was just saying I didn't think anything would top TLOU2 but that part where you and Jackie are being arrested by the cops. The whole environment looks so bonkers and the character models are so detailed on everything its just unreal.

May 7, 2020
Hopefully they unveil the current/next gen versions soon because for Cyberpunk being a cross-gen game and only running at 1080p on a 2080ti that's kinda worrisome. I guess it'll be checkerboard on all consoles?
i think that was because the streaming limitations. i hvant see nothing in this trailer that would drop rtx 2080ti to 1080p.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Visuals are all over the place. Sometimes it looks great, other times it looks almost unacceptable for 2020. That popin in open world driving sections looked atrocious. Popin will be what differentiates current gen games from next gen games. None of PS5 games shown had popin like this, in fact, when watching Sony's presentation I forgot that popin was even a thing. But here I am watching Cyberpunk and popin is back with vengeance. Yuck. They really need to address this.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
More than pop-in, the extremely short distance for many of the lights really stood out to me.
Having them fade in so close to the camera looked very bad. I hope that can be fixed.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Visuals are all over the place. Sometimes it looks great, other times it looks almost unacceptable for 2020. That popin in open world driving sections looked atrocious. Popin will be what differentiates current gen games from next gen games. None of PS5 games shown had popin like this, in fact, when watching Sony's presentation I forgot that popin was even a thing. But here I am watching Cyberpunk and popin is back with vengeance. Yuck. They really need to address this.
The Gran Turismo demo had all sorts of pop-in during the in car gameplay. Pop-in isn't going away for now.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in the freedom of interactions and what you can physically DO in the game.

Graphics are nice, but I want that Witcher 3/GTA 5 immersion - I want NPCs to remember my decisions from the earlier choices in the game. I want to be able to intuitively interact in the world and see how deep I can go, even if I choose to do things that have nothing to do with the main storyline.

EDIT: and after watching the video, it looks amazing as-is. The misty/smoke effects in the Afterlife bar are top notch.

Last edited:

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Looks better than i was expecting. Still sits much closer to current gen IMO.

Yeah. As soon as I saw the pop-in in the desert area, it just felt like a pretty current gen game that will have lots of extra bells and whistles on PC, but might not take advantage of better asset streaming in ways that next-gen only games would.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
It looks good but inconsistent. Nothing going on that is beyond current gen graphics. But i still think it looks good.

My biggest gripe would be that the world looks so barren, especially compared to the E3 2018 gameplay.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Was rthis gameplay vidoe posted anywhere?
Are DF aware of this?

Theorry this video has Xbox button prompts unlike the the event footage which didn't show any buttons including the same scene you posted a gif from in the first page.

I wonder if this the XSX version or PC version played with Xbox controller.

PC version with controller for sure.
From Geoff: "I didn't get to play on mouse and keyboard, so I'm curious how it plays on mouse and keyboard"
I think a number of people had it streamed and could only play with controller.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is the game im going to bundle with my PS5 purchase. The amount of pop-in during the car scenes is really distracting, so hope untill release its one of the things that gets polished.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I'm whelmed. It's certainly a good looking game, but I wouldn't put it in the top tier of current-gen, let alone say it looks next-gen.

I really dislike the way lighting interacts with faces at times - it produces a ghoulish, flat, rim lighting-esque look that looks primitive. Especially disappointing given this is happening while RTX is apparently active. Shadows are distractingly noisy, too.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to fix the pop-in before release. It was impossible not to notice lights and planets popping in at a very short distance in the Badlands scenes. I don't want to see what the PS4 version will look like if this was on PC. Hopefully they can pull off some optimization miracles before release.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The Gran Turismo demo had all sorts of pop-in during the in car gameplay. Pop-in isn't going away for now.

Well GT7 stood out in the presentation for that. I thought that was pretty darn disappointing. Horizon and R&C had amazing LoD and shadow draw distance though, so hopefully that is fully representative of what will be delivered in gameplay.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I'm whelmed. It's certainly a good looking game, but I wouldn't put it in the top tier of current-gen, let alone say it looks next-gen.

I really dislike the way lighting interacts with faces at times - it produces a ghoulish, flat, rim lighting-esque look that looks primitive. Especially disappointing given this is happening while RTX is apparently active. Shadows are distractingly noisy, too.
This footage contains no ray tracing

cjn83

Banned
Jul 25, 2018
I have to say I'm surprised everyone's so enamored by the visuals... I appreciate how ambitious the game is, there's lots of "stuff" and detail there, and some nice techy things like seeing inside buildings etc, but it by and large comes from giving their team time to work. There were also plenty of things which looked flat and plain in an almost Fallout 4-ish way however. Technically it's a decisive thumbs up, but as for sheer visuals I've been more impressed by RDR2 or TLOU2 for instance.

Let's also wait for the final product... Last time CDPR showed a game the end result was pretty far from what they demoed, and I think we're already seeing clear signs the same is happening here. Especially if even this demo ran on a RTX 2080ti - which is something else altogether from the GTX 660 equivalent PS4.

Alienware

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Italy
Detail is definitely inconsistent, as it would be expected from an Open World game still in development, but most of the stuff is quite breathtaking. Really makes me glad they decided to go with 1st person pov for maximum immersion.

In some ways this will look better than most next-gen games for the first couple of years at least, despite the technical limitation of being born for an older gen, all the hand-made art stuff is not something you can balance by implementing the UE 5 alone.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Detail is definitely inconsistent, as it would be expected from an Open World game still in development, but most of the stuff is quite breathtaking. Really makes me glad they decided to go with 1st person pov for maximum immersion.

In some ways this will look better than most next-gen games for the first couple of years at least, despite the technical limitation of being born for an older gen, all the hand-made art stuff is not something you can balance by implementing the UE 5 alone.

That was also the case with Witcher 2 at the end of last gen to be honest. Sure, stuff like Killzone Shadowfall and Ryse for sure were more impressive, but it wasn't until say Infamous Second Son when an open world type game (Witcher 2 wasn't open world, but had expansive environments) pipped it. Cyberpunk will definitely hold up.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks great. Really impressed by the consistency of assets and how well dressed the environments seem to be. That's the big win to me. People seem to think open world games are just so much more demanding than linear titles and that's not necessarily the case from a performance standpoint but it definitely is from an art standpoint. Add to the fact that it's first person and yeah, I'm impressed.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the Pro/One X versions hold up at the very least. I'll be getting a PS5 or a Series X (or both) at some stage, but not by November I guess. Hoping for decent graphics and performance on the boosted consoles.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
I just can't get over how empty the open world looks from an NPC perspective. Barely any cars on the roads, people in the streets etc. The city feels abandoned from those small clips.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't get over how empty the open world looks from an NPC perspective. Barely any cars on the roads, people in the streets etc. The city feels abandoned from those small clips.
Might because of night and districts. Hands on impressions said that it was busy like that 2018 demo. Not as busy but like 90% off it.

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
I need that npc density and ray tracing so let me know.

NPC density will hopefully improve between versions.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I need that npc density and ray tracing so let me know.

NPC density will hopefully improve between versions.
Yep, this, pop in, and lack of decent skin shaders/detail are the obvious "not next gen" elements to me. Characters still look like plastic mannequin dolls.

I still think it looks incredibly impressive for a cross gen game though, assuming it actually runs at 30fps on current gen and this won't be a 20+fps mess. Long hair looks especially impressive by current gen standards (but again, certainly not next gen).

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Yall is this game gonna make me regret getting an RX 5700XT instead of a 2070 super? I'm feeling so left out with all these ray tracing hype lol