• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017

Link

(in no particular order)

RDR2
Battlefield V
Spider-Man

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves deserves to be mentioned for that water. Not just how beautiful it looks but the feel of sailing in it is unparalleled. Being caught in a storm and having your ship fly down a giant wave is just amazing.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Interesting short chats about the CBR on RDR2 on pro and how explainable is it. John think the only real reason probably would be that R want to maintain the 4k label on the Pro for marketing reason and they preferred 1920x2160p than lower with good CBR. God, I hope is wrong, because it's foolish and stupidish as hell such decision. The last TR is magnificent in 1800cbr on pro. Or at least Rockstar should give the option to choice in the graphic setting.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
i assume bfv is there due to rtx (alex putting in work). imo it isn't as impressive overall as bf1 or battlefront.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Agree with Spider-Man. It's so impressive climbing the scrapers and still seeing so far in to the distance, and the cars still moving on the ground, planes in the air, especially at sunset. The interiors are impressive too.

My only gripes were the skybox and the textures turning to mush when you are more than a few metres from them, but I'm assuming that's down to Pro's limited RAM and bandwidth for 4K. But in terms of pure technical achievement, it probably impressed me more than any other game this year.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
What a boring video. I think all team members work better individually. Also, it was funny seeing three people cramped in a place trying to have a discussion while look at a camera.

You guys need a wider video camera and roundtable like setup for these types of videos

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a boring video. I think all team members work better individually. Also, it was funny seeing three people cramped in a place trying to have a discussion while look at a camera.

You guys need a wider video camera and roundtable like setup for these types of videos
You should be happy we got this video in the first place. Sorry, you come across as entitled and ungrateful

Feb 10, 2018
Seriously and yet people still talk about how under powered this gen.

I remember John carmack saying the current gen consoles can never be "maxed out" because the things you can do on them is far more then the previous gen
e.g if 360/ps3 dev mannual is an encyclopedia then the X1/Ps4 mannual is new york libary sized.

Feb 10, 2018
Sea of Thieves deserves to be mentioned for that water. Not just how beautiful it looks but the feel of sailing in it is unparalleled. Being caught in a storm and having your ship fly down a giant wave is just amazing.

No other game as given me lost at sea in a storm immersion like sea of Thieves did.

It's kinda of a blessing and a curse because I think of so many things that could be done with Sea of Thieves and its realistic sea setting.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Looking at some of the DF comparison vids, the gen would be a mess without the Pro and X consoles lol. OG XB1 stuff in particular looks horrendous.
I don't think that's true. The games are pretty much identical on all the consoles bar resolution differences. This happens at the end of every gen, games get more demanding as ambition grows bigger so resolution is reduced in favor of other things. PS4 is still putting out impressive games that is why I traded In my Pro for regular PS4.

Last edited:

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
You should be happy we got this video in the first place. Sorry, you come across as entitled and ungrateful
So should I not comment on My favorite channel's weaknesses and help them improve their content. Sometimes I find it weird that I can't even comment on contents of the video posted on a discussion forum

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
So should I not comment on My favorite channel's weaknesses and help them improve their content. Sometimes I find it weird that I can't even comment on contents of the video posted on a discussion forum

There's fan feedback and then there's what you said. There are better ways to give contrustive feedback.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 day): system wars + previously warned for similar

It's just water. Xbox fans think it's it's the dogs danglies, nobody else gives a shit.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
This. It also has the best art style of any game released this year, but that's not what DF is judging.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
No issues with that top 3. RDR 2 is tech insanity. 30 hours in I'm still blown away by what Rockstar has achieved.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
I think some people are confused about art and tech.

Yeah, RDR2 's snow is not even close to what we've seen in GoW. RDR2 is impressive just for it's vastness. GoW most definitely is the best looking console game ever.

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Unfortunately not possible. This was shot in my room. Had to haul a table up there but not enough room for something larger. I do want a wider lens, though, but it wouldn't help much here.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what's the best tech for game that targets 60fps for consoles
It's likely Wolfenstein 2 and BFV right now (though BFV is a lot worse at maintaining 60FPS). Even COD Infinite Warfare is pretty slick and top of the line in terms of rendering tech. Although I'm sure next year Wolfenstein 2 is going to be replaced by Doom Eternal.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps not being completely dismissive with your opening statement and a more constructive tone to carry critism across effectively would help. D10x and the team put alot into these videos, we all should remember that and try not to scare them off.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Good list - this was an amazing year for pushing the limits of this generation.

I'm surprised not to see the Shadow of the Colossus remake getting more technical nods though. Its one of the most beautiful open worlds ever created and bluepoint somehow managed to get the shit to run at 60fps. Amazing.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I don't think that's true. The games are pretty much identical on all the consoles bar resolution differences. This happens at the end of every gen, games get more demanding as ambition grows bigger so resolution is reduced in favor of other things. PS4 is still putting out impressive games that is why I traded In my Pro for regular PS4.
Not only is this bullshit, but even if it was only res... who the hell wants to play games at 900p and 1080p these days?

Not even factoring in the almost always better framerate and AA/AF.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I know they mentioned Rockstar devs are talented but I still don't like how they keep mentioning "infinite budget and time" as a reason Red Dead 2 looks so good. Pretty sure you could give studios a huge budget for a long project and most wouldn't even come close.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man wasn't really impressive tbh but it was fun. The other two I could understand why they're up there.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy DF is acknowledging Shadow of the Colossus! :) It's so criminally underrated elsewhere in nearly all categories.

My personal Top 3:

Shadow of the Colossus:
45617284615_78d58f84d2_o.png

God of War:
32657551568_905ff990c8_o.png

Spider-Man:
46530797841_a96afc5b33_o.png