• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch them follow the books, where you find out that Dexter's dark side is a supernatural being who controls him.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the show but the last two seasons were ass. If this could just pretend those didn't happen that'd be great.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I've still never seen the finale. The episode leading up to it was so bad that I just gave up. Same thing happened with Game of Thrones, I've seen every episode but the finale. Hopefully they can make this reboot compelling.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've still never seen the finale. The episode leading up to it was so bad that I just gave up. Same thing happened with Game of Thrones, I've seen every episode but the finale. Hopefully they can make this reboot compelling.
If you made it that far in season 8 you've already tarnished the entire show anyways, might as well just go through the literal worst episode for the sheer absurdity of it. I was in absolute disbelief the entire episode, and it only gets more and more insanely bad as the episode goes on.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Lol why?

The series was so good in the first 4 seasons. But it's also a very time and place type of show.

May 19, 2020
He is tacitly acknowledging that the series finale was dogshit and they're going to basically try again via a new limited series.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Start from scratch
Won't undo original ending
Bears no resemblance to original ending

Wut.

Lmfao.
I think he means that the goal is to create a new ending with these episodes but the original ending still happened, they're not going to retcon it and go back two seasons or something. It's a pretty easy ending to continue on from because it does give you a fairly clean slate.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I think he means that the goal is to create a new ending with these episodes but the original ending still happened, they're not going to retcon it and go back two seasons or something. It's a pretty easy ending to continue on from because it does give you a fairly clean slate.

I mean I completely understand what he's getting at. I just think it's funny they consider the original ending bad enough to warrant an elaborate attempt to wash the awful taste out of everyone's mouths but also good (or necessary) enough to maintain its status as being canon. I feel like the last 3 seasons did so much irreparable damage that I don't know how a new season set ten years later is going to salvage the show. I'm curious, that's for sure lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm out and will be ignoring this. Some level or retconing is absolutely necessary. Don't get why other franchises like Halloween can ignore several entries but Dexter has to keep it all. They should have just retconed seasons 5 through 8 and had the show be set many years after seasons 4 ending with Dexter passing the code to Harrison, it would have been great. We could still have Deb and most of the other people in Dexter's orbit around too. Ah well.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like this is just a one off season to make a new finale?

"In so far as the ending of the show, this will have no resemblance to how the original finale was. It's a great opportunity to write a second finale for our show, and Showtime was very gracious about that."

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Ten years later... have the kids Dexter offloaded to the grandparents be the killers this time! There is still fuel left in the dumpster!

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I have faith the writers of Dexter will provide a satisfying conclusion to the series given their track record

Lol

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I have faith the writers of Dexter will provide a satisfying conclusion to the series given their track record

Lol

Thats the thing, it's the original show runner who left the show with an incredible finale in S4. It's everyone else who dragged it through mud post-S4.

OP
OP
BoboBrazil

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be good. The original showrunner is basically coming back to fix the shitty back half of the show so his property doesn't have the stink of worst finale ever on it. Set 10 years later in a totally different city and I bet we finally get Dexter being chased down by the police like we wanted to happen in the final season.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
He better get arrested or something this time.

Seriously. Just let him get taken down, he's not the hero.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'll actually take it if it somehow gives us anacceptable ending.

Season 1-4 was great when it was firing. The show was always tacky, but it desevered better than the decline it had...and an ending that is in line for worst of all time.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Thats the thing, it's the original show runner who left the show with an incredible finale in S4. It's everyone else who dragged it through mud post-S4.
Oooh I didn't know this. I'm excited for this now. That plus MCH's comments about the lackluster finale have me hopeful. It will at least be a better conclusion I think.