• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how to feel about this.
If it's a reboot from a changed perspective, maybe, but as a continuation I really don't care.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
As someone who watched all 8 seasons of Dexter, I was really hoping this would be about the cartoon instead.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
DEE DEE NOOoo....wait am i the only one who thought of that dexter?
That was my second thought before I opened the thread and the one I hoped was correct. I was under the impression that this one wasn't even loved as much anymore after the later seasons but I still planned to go back and check them out

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
God this is like thinking you could fix game of thrones with a 9th season

And Dexter's not even a major adaption so no one would really want a reboot

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Never seen this.

Can someone explain like I'm 5 how the show was so bad at the end? You can spoil me all you want. I'll never watch it. I'm just intrigued by the trivia of its awfulness...is it HIMYM bad? Lol

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fuck's sake. I mean, this was the exact reason that the series ended as badly as it did. So that they could come back in the future with a new season.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Happy to give this a second chance if it's a return to form. I stopped watching a few seasons in when it got a bit boring and then everything I read about the later seasons is "It keeps getting worse". Will wait for impressions on this but I'm open to some good ol' Dexter if this will be that.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they can give it the real ending this time? I liked the one they talked about but never filmed.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll watch if the retcon everything after season 4. Just pretend it didn't happen. Don't even explain it.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I know the show went to shit, but this post kinda made me nostalgic for the first few seasons. Listening to the end credits theme right now.

Give it another try, who cares. If it sucks, it's not like it will tarnish the series any further.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The original show peaked at season 2.

The last good season was season 4.

Weird move to bring it back...

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually down for this if they can manage to do something that feels worthwhile. I absolutely loved Dexter for the first four seasons, then it was all over the place afterwards. Michael C Hall is fantastic and I'm in just to see him as Dexter again.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
But why. Season 8 was so bad I had to stop halfway through

Exact same.

It's pretty evident of how bad season 8 was that despite spending nearly a decade with this show I couldn't muster up enough desire to watch the last couple of episodes and see the conclusion.

I still have no idea how it ends, nor do I care. I imagine this will retcon it anyways.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Another animated revival I can get behi...oh, that Dexter. Oh no. Why bother reviving this show, the one that tends to top people's most hated final seasons in a way that has nothing to do with that it was ending.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
So how many more episodes that amount to Michael C Hall whispering trancelike about his "Dark Passenger" hmm? Ugh. I can't. The later season were worse than The Walking Dead with their monologues.