• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"What is Devotion?" - gaming media before it gets a console release.

Great to see this game be successful.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. Pretty good little horror game with a fantastically-told story.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot the game was out so soon so I won't get around to it for a while but it's really good to see it's doing well.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Really glad this is doing well since it flew under everyone's radar until release. Don't really have a PC to play this on, but I'm right there when it eventually hits consoles.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Good. Detention was fantastic and so's this, from what I've played. And I'm a cynic when it comes to most modern horror games.

Oct 27, 2017
Detention was so good, I didn't even know this game existed until this thread but I'll be picking it up soon, and it's great to see such success for it already.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved and just goes to show that word of mouth and quietly building interest/a dedicated fanbase really goes a long way.

Too scary for journalists apparently! I hope it gets some coverage now though.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Bought it, played it, fantastic game, deserves all the praise. Not as good as Detention IMO, but a fascistic, well-made, first step into the 3D space for Red Candle Games.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Cheers for the heads up and putting the game on my radar. Looks really promising. I'm getting Siren, Fatal Frame, Kuon like vibes from glossing over the Steam page.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing game for anyone who likes walking Sims with light puzzle elements. I've played about half of it now, will finish this weekend. Games press seems to be more interested in writing articles about how bad Anthem and Crackdown are instead of how good this game is.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Bought it on release, it's a damn good game and the perfect length.

Didn't need to be super long to convey what it wanted.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow didn't think this would blow up like that. Really happy for them, Loved Detention. Any word on if this'll have a console port like Detention did?

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in the game but I'm really squeamish when it comes to graphic violence. How bad is it?

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
When Red Candle announced this I was ready to buy it day one but I was still a little worried wondering how well they'd do going from 2D to 3D. For me they knocked it out of the park and I'm ready for whatever they plan to do in the future, even if it isn't horror!

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'm interested in the game but I'm really squeamish when it comes to graphic violence. How bad is it?
Fine, most of the time, but there is one section that is particularly aggressive for those who can't handle that type of violence. If you can handle 15 minutes of graphic violence, go in, the rest of the game isn't aggressive, if you can't, best to just stay away.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Fine, most of the time, but there is one section that is particularly aggressive for those who can't handle that type of violence. If you can handle 15 minutes of graphic violence, go in, the rest of the game isn't aggressive, if you can't, best to just stay away.
Yeah, I don't think it's for me then. I'll check it out on youtube to see if it's something I can handle before buying it. Thanks for the info!

May 17, 2018
Currently playing through Detention, and, man, I'm getting real-ass Silent Hill vibes.

Is the production quality better in Devotion? That might be my only complaint about Detention in that, parts of it's visuals are a little cheap-looking IMO.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Is the production quality better in Devotion? That might be my only complaint about Detention in that, parts of it's visuals are a little cheap-looking IMO.

Yes, it really is. Detention had that notebook/paper doll look that is obviously quicker to produce but with some good atmosphere. This one goes full 3D with atmosphere that is unmatched even by most games by bigger studios. It really feels like walking through an old apartment complex in Taiwan, down to the decor, sense of disrepair, and traditional Chinese culture. The voice acting and video production are also spot-on.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
"What is Devotion?" - gaming media before it gets a console release.

Great to see this game be successful.
Well deserved and just goes to show that word of mouth and quietly building interest/a dedicated fanbase really goes a long way.

Too scary for journalists apparently! I hope it gets some coverage now though.
PC only games usually are.

can y'all be weird about journalists somewhere else

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Just finished it, great game with some really cool ideas and an amazing ending.
Highly recommended for everyone that's interested in horror games or games of asian, non-japanese origin.

Between this and Detention, these devs have a bright future ahead of themselfs.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game has gone from 95% Overwhelmingly Positive to 40% Mixed on Steam, and is likely to drop lower. All due to the review bomb mentioned by sk2k.

If you played and enjoyed the game, I encourage you to please leave a positive review for it.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Quick question, since I can't find any info.

But is this considered for a multiplatform release?
My PC is preeeeeetty shit, and I am dying to try this out.