• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
More CUs, more bandwidth, same architecture lineage. It is just faster at rendering things on the GPU - a common sense statement to say for all GPUs in the same family of GPUs. A 2070 is faster than a 2060 at ray tracing as well.
And PS5 has 20% higher GPU frequency which will have others benefits as well. As of now this statement of yours is just a nice theory, but still unproven. We haven't seen much running on XSX, and AFAIK only one very simple game (also running on Switch) with RT running at 1080p30fps.

Nov 19, 2017
Why are people assuming moneyhats are in play and not just that the XSX version isn't ready? Halo Infinite was going to be patched post launch with ray tracing as well.

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe this means RE engine games going forward will be able to replace the world's worst SSR implementation with these effects on PC. The police station lobby in RE2make is dire for how bad the artefacting gets.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I figure this is less moneyhatting and more a case where if people forgot, we are in a pandemic and the developers probably just chose to work on the PS5 version first because it makes the most sense and most of the game sales will be from there.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Matt Walker:

"Next-gen is going to give players the choice to experience ray traced graphics at 4K 30FPS, 1080p 60FPS, or turn off the ray tracing and experience the game at frame rates at up to 120FPS."

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
How the fuck is this not coming out on PC AT ALL? It's a fucking multiplat!

Fuck Capcom, god damn.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (5 days) - Antagonizing another user & platform warring
More CUs, more bandwidth, same architecture lineage. It is just faster at rendering things on the GPU - a common sense statement to say for all GPUs in the same family of GPUs. A 2070 is faster than a 2060 at ray tracing as well.

How does it feel when all your PC knowledge and technical expertise in the field is nothing but a theory?

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Matt Walker:

"Next-gen is going to give players the choice to experience ray traced graphics at 4K 30FPS, 1080p 60FPS, or turn off the ray tracing and experience the game at frame rates at up to 120FPS."
Yeeeah, that's gonna be 120fps for sure. All in all, we're gonna look at the reflections for what, 30 seconds, and then play the game. It's not really worth it for a 30fps experience.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Puts an interesting perspective into Series X being able to run RE-engine better than PS5 from Dustk's RE8 rumors!

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So no raytracing based on their site for XSS . Hmm weird but seeing ps5 and xsx are 1080p 60 with RT, I guess makes sense.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there are extra visual upgrades beyond ray-tracing that they haven't mentioned. It's already been mentioned, but the current PC version will do 120FPS with ease; I can do it at 1440p on a 1070GTX. A PS5 should be able to beast it at 120FPS while staying well over 1080p.

May 15, 2019
Maybe someone can link sources but I haven't seen a Capcom press release or anything saying what resolution the 120fps mode is at. Only the two ray tracing modes.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
And PS5 has 20% higher GPU frequency which will have others benefits as well. As of now this statement of yours is just a nice theory, but still unproven. We haven't seen much running on XSX, and AFAIK only one very simple game (also running on Switch) with RT running at 1080p30fps.
How does it feel when all your PC knowledge and technical expertise in the field is nothing but a theory?
Since when is common sense a theory?

A 2060 just won't run better than a 2070 - if it did, I would say there is a software problem getting in the way somewhere.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time - I appreciate your response :)

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
So, other then this... they pulled the "Control maneuver" to force people on re-buying the game for next-gen. Capcom should get some heat for this, like 505 Games did.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry hahaha - it is hard to see sarcasm... on the internet when people are surprisingly mean spirited!

You guys are doing god's work. To me, you are the only gaming videos or "reviews" I watch since I'm only interested if a game is technicaly sound or not.

Keep up the good work!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Why in the world have we seen so many examples of realtime ray-tracing (usualy just reflections, to be fair) on PS5 and haven't seen any on Series X yet? Series X will presumably have better performing ray-tracing. Although, maybe that's just because we've seen so little Series X gameplay period, lol. What Series X games have confirmed ray-tracing effects so far? Forza definitely. Halo Infinite will eventually. Anything more within the first few months, though? Like games that will get Series X patches or something?

I'm just ready to see great looking things running on Series X!

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if ray tracing is being money hatted, I'd be more inclined to think that ray tracing came late for ms and that's why it's not present. Halo infinite didn't have ray tracing support shown and was going to post patch it also.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Sony and Capcom have a relationship, but it's absurd to think any of them would care about locking an optional mode. If PlayStation wanted an exclusive, it would have been the full game (and for the right price, they would have got it).

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Why in the world have we seen so many examples of realtime ray-tracing (usualy just reflections, to be fair) on PS5 and haven't seen any on Series X yet? Series X will presumably have better performing ray-tracing. Although, maybe that's just because we've seen so little Series X gameplay period, lol. What Series X games have confirmed ray-tracing effects so far? Forza definitely. Halo Infinite will eventually. Anything more within the first few months, though? Like games that will get Series X patches or something?

Minecraft was one of the first and best showings for RT GI. I expect that to appear for Series X launch. I also expect stuff like Gears 5 and Horizon 4 to get RT updates and they will look crazy good.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could just be where they prioritize the more popular version since they are aiming to get this at launch.

WastedDeer

Oct 27, 2017

I mean XSX has shown mine craft RT which is much more elaborate than anything PS has shown so? ....

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Minecraft was one of the first and best showings for RT GI. I expect that to appear for Series X launch. I also expect stuff like Gears 5 and Horizon 4 to get RT updates and they will look crazy good.
I mean XSX has shown mine craft RT which is much more elaborate than anything PS has shown so? ....
Oh yeah. I just thought that was a tech demo, tbh. Didn't know they were actually releasing it. Are they going to release that on PS5 too, or no?

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
It's more likely they just do not have enough time to implement both to launch date. Also rumours stated PS5 devkits were available much earlier.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Did i see a framrate-stutter in the short clips of Legendary Dark knight mode (or whatever the mode with the shit-ton of Enemies is called XD)?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
moneyhatting is a quick conclusion to jump to - isn't it possible they simply had access to tools earlier, or are starting on Playstation and RT needs a little more time for the Xbox version?

I'm surprised that seems to be a focus of this discussion rather than such a fast game being 4k/30 - is there no option to turn off the ray tracing to get 4k/60 even with dynamic res?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah. I just thought that was a tech demo, tbh. Didn't know they were actually releasing it. Are they going to release that on PS5 too, or no?

No update on what is happening with Minecraft. I would imagine it is coming down the line but we haven't heard anything. And I would imagine PS5 will get the update as well.

They are launching Minecraft VR soon on PS4 tho, PS blog had a post about it this past week. Pretty cool.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
1080p huh...these are the choices we will get in future games isn't it... RTX on = 1080p

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Do you think there's any weight to what Cerny said about a higher clock speed being better than more CUs for certain geometry etc?