• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I am still so fucking pissed PC is getting fucked on this one.
Why should I support Capcom if this is the way they are going to operate?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
EmewPdxXUAABa5H

(to die instantly)

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I picked this up on XSX yesterday. Only got to chapter 4 on the base version (purchased and didn't play much). I started a regular Nero/Dante/V campaign since I never got far in the original. Was that a mistake? I'm not going to play the game twice, and have never been that into the story of DMC games (even though I've played many of them). Should I start over as Vergil instead?!? Limited gaming time, so I want to make sure I spend it wisely.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who has played this can tell me what is the name of the song playing the background?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up on XSX yesterday. Only got to chapter 4 on the base version (purchased and didn't play much). I started a regular Nero/Dante/V campaign since I never got far in the original. Was that a mistake? I'm not going to play the game twice, and have never been that into the story of DMC games (even though I've played many of them). Should I start over as Vergil instead?!? Limited gaming time, so I want to make sure I spend it wisely.
Stick to what you are on as that is the default campaign. The Vergil mode is just an extra, its the same campaign only with most of the cutscenes taken out. Once you beat the game you can then try out Vergil for a few missions to see how you like him.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on social media black out as I'm EU pleb.

Trying to avoid stuff here, I had heard some really negative comments about the ps5 version while trying to dodge and didn't want to look into it to avoid spoilers.

Is anyone playing that version and is it running fine / looks fine ? (not planning to play at anything higher than 60fps)

I pre-ordered that version anyway so I'm stuck with it.

Thank you.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Very confused about this one. So I'm playing on Series X on an LG CX. I set the refresh rate to 60Hz in the system settings to cap the game at 60.

I booted up DMCV SE and tried the RT Graphics mode, which should be a reconstructed 4K image with RT, targeting 30. The entire time, the VRR information box was locked to 60Hz (59.89Hz to be more precise). It didn't seem to drop, which is very odd.

I tried Valhalla and VRR works correctly in that, I regularly see dips to 53-54 and dips into the 30s during loading screens.

Any idea what could be going on? I tried the 4K mode with no RT and it was also locked to 60.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
One of the best action games ever made gets better. I wish we were also getting fun tech back from 4, and more from the SE, but 5Vergil is at least looking to clean up some of the short comings of 4 vergil, with the sick doppleganger shit from wuboot Vergil.

Should have our best version of the character to play as since 3.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Some good Vergil gameplay coming out

I have no damaged this guy so much as Dante, looks pretty trivial as Vergil lol. His attacks seem to hit as hard as some of Dante's SDT stuff.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Question, can you manually turn off Vergil's SDT?

Cause pressing DT again would summon/unsummon Doppelganger right?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Am I wrong?

There are no new Dante/Nero/V campaign trophies yet you cant transfer saves.
-no new nero/dante/v outfit recolors?
You still have to beat the game on Devil Hunter to unlock SoS/DMD/HnH/etc

I gotta be wrong, right?

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So will I be able to play this at 60fps locked on my PS5 on my 60hz 4k TV?

The DF Video confused me so much

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong?

I gotta be wrong, right?

Or just beat the prologue boss and unlock the next diffuclty right away, like in vanilla.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have much to add since I haven't played the original version and would wait until I had a PS5 for this.

All I can say is I'm really hoping LDK mode is Capcom stealthily testing out musou capabilities for if/when they do a new Sengoku Basara. 😂

Those games even have their own Vergil too. 🤣

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Am I wrong?

I gotta be wrong, right?

You can always unlock the higher difficulties more quickly by beating Urizen in the prologue, but yeah, with no save transfer you have to start all over again buying all the moves, finding all the blue/purple orbs, grinding for the EX Taunts, etc.

They really could have thrown us a bone with some of this stuff. I actually got my PS5 today but I'm still going to wait for the Vergil DLC on PC rather than buying the SE because it's just too much of a hassle starting from a fresh save again. And especially with no new outfits or even recolours, I'd rather just stay with my glorious PC version and my mod launcher full of like 50 new outfits from Nexus Mods.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can always unlock the higher difficulties more quickly by beating Urizen in the prologue, but yeah, with no save transfer you have to start all over again buying all the moves, finding all the blue/purple orbs, grinding for the EX Taunts, etc.

They really could have thrown us a bone with some of this stuff. I actually got my PS5 today but I'm still going to wait for the Vergil DLC on PC rather than buying the SE because it's just too much of a hassle starting from a fresh save again. And especially with no new outfits or even recolours, I'd rather just stay with my glorious PC version and my mod launcher full of like 50 new outfits from Nexus Mods.

Guessing they left the red orb acquisition rate as is in 5SE?

They increased it by quite a bit in 4SE iirc so you unlocked stuff much faster, should have done the same here.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
If anyone else here has:
- an LG OLED with VRR support (or any HDMI 2.1 TV where you can bring up a box showing the framerate in VRR)
- an Xbox Series X
- DMCV SE on Xbox Series X

I would really appreciate if you could test something. So, set your Xbox to 120Hz output and boot DMCV SE, make sure VRR is also enabled. Enable the ray tracing (graphics) mode, which should target 30fps but is unlocked framerate.

Go into a mission and once loaded, mash the green button on your LG OLED remote until the VRR Info box comes up. Is the framerate in the VRR box locked to 5.5Hz for you (5.5Hz means 120Hz on this TV for some reason). This is what happens for me, however, the game is obviously not running at locked 120Hz on the ray tracing mode. If I boot Valhalla or Yakuza, VRR works and framerate dips sometimes.

It feels to me like VRR isn't working in this game, at least on my setup. I'd really appreciate if someone could test this for me if they have the above setup.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Some good Vergil gameplay coming out

I have no damaged this guy so much as Dante, looks pretty trivial as Vergil lol. His attacks seem to hit as hard as some of Dante's SDT stuff.

Vergil's all about high power output and mobility, and that melts Angelo quick (you could trap him with quadruple S in the base game if you played it right)

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Vergil's all about high power output and mobility, and that melts Angelo quick (you could trap him with quadruple S in the base game if you played it right)
Yea I've done this, you can get him in a punish loop.

I'm thinking it'll be interesting to see Vergil against the more tanky bosses like Cerberus, might need to mod HP values with cheat engine a bit so he doesn't just delete every enemy even on DMD>

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
This could probably do with its own thread when the mod releases, but here's a sick trailer for the LDK mod by hitchhiker for PC.

I just watched a stream of this and I'm more pumped to check this out than SE tbh

s y

Nov 8, 2017
This is only a rough estimate but DMC5 via PS5 BC loads missions in around 10 seconds vs nearly 30 on PS4

Aug 26, 2018
日本
They had a near perfect mirror with Nero/Dante/V and Lady/Trish/Vergil and they shanked it. I think I'm just gonna buy Vergil for 5 bucks on PS4 unless more things come to the game. At least get the Divergence and Bloody Palace co-op going.