• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Devil-May-Cry-5.png

Devil may Cry V was released Today , and it is already Capcom's 3rd top Steam peak concurrent players game in Capcom History , beaten only by MHW and its gigantic 329K peak players and Resident Evil 2 at 74K

We aren't even in the weekends or the usual steam peak hours , so the number will increase for sure and there is a big chance it may surpass Remake2 number and Dark souls 2 number

That number as of now puts the game at the top 6th Japanese game in Steam history in terms of Peak numbers , behind MHW , MGS:TPP , Dark Souls 2 and 3 and RE2

Edit : Game now is at 80K , and had beaten Dark Souls 2's 79K number , so DMCV is now 4th top JPN game in terms of Steam peak concurrent number

DMCVSteam5.JPG

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Highest for Japanese devs is MHW, right? Would be nice to have a list to compare. I'm pretty sure DBFZ is up there too.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if releasing day and date means you're riding on the launch hype and means higher number.
And I'm definitely sure that, if MHW did the same, its concurrent users number would've been higher too.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have contributed but I gotta wait a little bit. I'm curious how it'll look come the weekend.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This company is so good now. I haven't felt this confident in them since the PS2 days.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I too enjoy Capcom's recent wave of success. I haven't even played MHW or DMCV, but hearing that players are happy and Capcom is enjoying big financial hits (And is killing it in the PC/Steam market) makes me proud to claim Capcom is my favorite developer at the moment making big AAA titles. Wonder what DMCV's numbers will peak at over the weekend?

Not that they're perfect. Their RE ports to Switch being charged an additional charge is still a thorn in my side, especially when it doesn't seem like they're hurting for money.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even like most Capcom games and I am impressed by their awesomeness and deserved success.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with releasing day and date with the console versions?? Instead of a staggered release/delayed release?

Hm.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We're currently on chapter 3, never played a DMC but I can already tell this game is going to be a classic. It deserves all the high scores it's getting and then some.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talent always wins. It's very well deserved and the RE Engine is one of the best engines this generation. Can't wait to see what they do with it on consoles next.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Sadly it probably won't be in the top 10 because all the others have a little something in common :

MHW
Dark Souls 3
MGS TPP
Dark Souls 2
RE2
DMCV
It's about 2 weeks from release and it's a top seller both in NA and Globally on Steam, also it's the most wishlisted game on Steam for upcoming games.

If anything I think it's safe to say that Sekiro will either be in second place behind MHW or in third.

News of the game has been great and while there are some people that do feel mixed about certain elements not being in the game, Sekiro will likely be very popular.

I'm curious if Sekiro will actually sell a majority of it's copies on PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One (since I think most copies of Dark Souls 3 sold were the PC version???)

So people on Steam are familiar with Fromsoft and know that a new title by them is releasing very soon

Edit: also DMC V is currently sitting at a 89% positive with over 800 reviews. That's pretty good

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
It's about 2 weeks from release and it's a top seller both in NA and Globally on Steam, also it's the most wishlisted game on Steam for upcoming games.

If anything I think it's safe to say that Sekiro will either be in second place behind MHW or in third.

News of the game has been great and while there are some people that do feel mixed about certain elements not being in the game, Sekiro will likely be very popular.

I'm curious if Sekiro will actually sell a majority of it's copies on PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One (since I think most copies of Dark Souls 3 sold were the PC version???)

So people on Steam are familiar with Fromsoft and know that a new title by them is releasing very soon

Edit: also DMC V is currently sitting at a 89% positive with over 800 reviews. That's pretty good
DS2 and 3 had like 40% of their population on PC.

Techno