• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you be OK with a Nero only DMC?

• Yes

Votes: 286 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 268 42.5%
  • Bring back Lucia

Votes: 77 12.2%

• Total voters

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, fuck the "needs more weapons" discourse though. He needs more ways to grab, give Nero 720s.

OP
OP

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems almost 50/50 with people.

Capcom is gonna have to think long and hard about how they approach DMC 6.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
He should be the protagonist, but they shouldn't throw away the other like 6 characters they've made. Make him the focus with him meeting other demon hunters you can play as.

OP
OP

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, after DMC 4 SE/5, having a single character seems too limiting. I'd be fine moving past Dante if they honestly feel they can't do anything more with the character, but they need to replace him with someone who can use his playstyle and expand upon V's playstyle. Make Nero the protagonist if you want, but he can't be the only character playable.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is time we got a new protagonist.

I mean Dante had two games to himself DMC1 and 3.
Nero got 4 and 5.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Don't get me wrong, Nero's great. But we need Dante in some playable capacity.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly be fine with them dropping all the characters and starting fresh. I feel like the stories of the current dudes are pretty much wrapped up.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
no jackpot, no game.

I'd honestly be fine with them dropping all the characters and starting fresh. I feel like the stories of the current dudes are pretty much wrapped up.

that game already exist.

220px-DmC_box_art.png

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
I like Nero but I don't like him that much. Giving the Dante vs Vergil dynamic a rest seems good but Dante is more important to Dmc for me than Nero.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Sure, but I'd prefer if we actually had a new character with the classic Dante moveset in addition to that. A son, a daughter, or a flashback set of missions with Sparda is my dream.

That said, I would want Dante in the game, just not as a playable character.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
A million times no. Nero's moveset is not good enough on its own to carry an entire game, especially considering they steadfastly refuse to give him any other melee weapons.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
People expecting Dante or Vergil to be playable in DMC 6 are going to be disappointed since Itsuno has repeatedly said that DMC5 is the end of the sons of sparda arc (at least for 1 entry).

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DMC 5 was the first game in the series that I played and completed. Nero was good but I did prefer Dante the most. V was a good character and what he eventually turns into but I hated his gameplay style. Didn't like it at all. Wouldn't mind Nero solo if DMC 6 is equally as great as DMC 5 was for me or better.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In DMC5, Nero is finally the feature complete character he should have been in DMC4. The breakers feel good, and having Bringer Knuckles as a free melee tool to break the combo rules a little is fantastic.

But even with all those features, he's still no Dante.

People expecting Dante or Vergil to be playable in DMC 6 are going to be disappointed since Itsuno has repeatedly said that DMC5 is the end of the sons of sparda arc (at least for 1 entry).

Expecting Dante to be benched for DMC6 is like assuming Superman's going to have the decency to stay dead. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Got a feeling Itsuno won't be directing the next one. That scene where vergil gives the book to Nero was more of a how do i put this . Foreshadowing into him passing down DMC6 to someone but whoever that someone is better read that *Book* and take notes. So I guess really my answer comes down to sure i would be okay with that if the new person does him right.

In the meantime i will wait for the Ladies night DLC and Vergil and Dantes wacky hell adventure DLC

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
No

Dante is DMC, the other characters are fun, but I'd rather the option to play as Nero, and choose not to.
Oh god no. Hey look he is fun to play as but I need that mad swapping with Dante
No Dante is more fun and I want playable Virgil
Nah, I play DMC for Dante.
Imagine picking "yes".
Idk....DMC is Dante to me
Dante only game please.

I hope you all now understand why Gohan was never going to carry the torch from Goku, after the Cell Saga.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer it. They need to give him weapon switching though.

The main thing is I just want to play the entire campaign as one character. I don't like all the character swapping.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I'm barely even okay with a Dante only DMC at this point. The variety of styles to style on enemies is part of the series for me at this point.

If Nero is to get more spotlight though he definitely needs something to make him as versatile as Dante, like say Devil Breakers being swappable through D-Pad.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
I very much did not enjoy playing as Nero in DMC4. His move set in DMC5 is so much fun that I found myself wishing I could play as Nero when I was V or Dante. I'm all in!

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Devil May Cry needs Dante and his goofiness. Honestly it sort of makes Nero's more serious aspects more palatable

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I love the dmc series, but I dont really have any strong attachment to any of the characters in it. Sure I enjoy dante and his goofiness along with the rest of the cast; yet at the same time it wouldnt bother me in the slightest if the next game had an entirely new cast. As long as the core gameplay that I enjoy is there they can do whatever they want with the cast and story.

Last edited:

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
I voted no because I wouldn't want a Nero-only game if he were to play just like he does now. He'd need more weapons and some of Dante's Style System's mechanics in order for me to be okay with it. Even then, I'd miss Dante.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
I didn't like half of the DMC 4 because of Nero gameplay, it's not deep enough and for DMC 5 it's even worse with him and V, then you play Dante and then the real game start. I like the character but a whole game with him is a big nono for me.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know. It's been so long since we got to play as Dante. I don't think I want him going away and being replaced after just getting him back in a game again.

I want at least one more game with Dante and then he can really pass the torch.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Holy shit, I don't normally care about spoilers, but work on your titles kid. I've only just started DMC5 and now I'm assuming everybody dies. "Question for those who have finished DMC5" isn't difficult.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I don't normally care about spoilers, but work on your titles kid. I've only just started DMC5 and now I'm assuming everybody dies. "Question for those who have finished DMC5" isn't difficult.
That's...quite the leap to make from a title that is not only worded in a way incompatible with your conclusion but doesn't even necessarily hint at what does actually happen.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sure. Nero's very fun to play in DMC5.
Just give him different weapons, styles or some shit to satisfy the Dante itch.

TrueBroLapp

Nov 7, 2018
I'd be fine without Dante, but Nero only? Nah.
Give me an update on V, or make Lady or Trish main character, or some new character.
DMC5's Nero is cool, but he can't carry a game on his own, like Dante can.