• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
The leak that I posted before was from the DMC Reddit discord. I don't want to make it look it came from the DMC discord or from Era.

Also since then some of the info in it has been debunked. Not that the person was fake but some details weren't completely accurate.

Which info in particular has been debunked?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The part about there being no father son moment between Nero and Vergil.
dbjjxzf9ao311.png

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
So this Shirrako is guy the same one from YouTube? Saw some of his videos pop up in my recommended.

Wonder why he'd post on gamefaqs after not being active on that forum for almost 2 years.

Also not a fan of all these vague answers and not wanting to post any real spoilers.

Shirrako just posted this image to prove he has the game.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/551253893041094659/551260400293904384/20190302_043129.png

Vergil got good hair.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Well looks like he is legit he just posted this. Unless he is getting it from someone else in discord.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/551253893041094659/551260400293904384/20190302_043129.png

I'm getting tired of this no spoilers nonsense haha.

I must say, this is the very first time that I've been following a game where, people who HAVE the game don't want to spoil it.

Normally people trip over one another to be the first to spoil stuff. DMC5 sure is unique in this regard lol.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
YOOOOO!

That hair looks so good. I need to see the face, of course, but so far it looks like we're back to handsome daddy Vergil again after the awful DMC4 SE model.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think people genuinely really liking what they got to play and want others to experience the same joy.

A lot of times I see people post spoilers out of spite. They didn't like what they play and they spoil others out of anger.

Honestly if I had the game early I would not spoil the story, just the game play mechanics and features. I know this is weird coming from who made a SPOILER thread but my purpose for this thread so that I can get those spoilers! I want the spoilers... but I don't really WANT to spread them if that makes sense. Selfish I know ... but god damn it I waited too long for this video game! Gimme DAT JUICE and GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW!

A handful of possible "facts" Dahbomb found:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...ead-it-has-begun.101733/page-13#post-18430278

Btw Dahbomb sorry, I got carried away, didn't mean to rant. I just love the story so much and think, they could do better. Pls don't be mad. :o
Nah man why would I be mad? I like the passion being displayed. I personally am not as passionate about the DMC story and lore. I am a fan of the series because of the game play mechanics, characters and the action cutscenes. Sure I would like the DMC story to be the best that it can be but I treat DMC's story like a shounen anime or a comic book story. There are going to be ass pulls, coincidences and suspension of disbelief. Just whatever they are presented feels good and looks cool, then I am aboard. Yea I could be more critical about it but I save my critique for the game play elements more, I let others worry about the story (and don't worry there are many like you who feel strongly about the story/lore/canon).

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
It's good that they're considerate in that regard then. It's a welcome change from the norm that's for sure.

I think I know why they wanted to make Vergil's coat more black/blue, instead of the typical vibrant blue we saw in DMC3.

From a realism standpoint, vibrant blue would just look comical. Even Dante's coat isn't full blown bright red, but a more toned down dark red colour.

Although I'm used to his DMC3 coat colour, I can't say i have any issues with this version of Vergil's coat. So long as his hair is slick (which it definitely is), then no complaints from me.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
This smells like controlled leaks I can't shake the feeling.

Or not controlled leaks I should say something is off though.

Last edited:

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I must say, this is the very first time that I've been following a game where, people who HAVE the game don't want to spoil it.

Normally people trip over one another to be the first to spoil stuff. DMC5 sure is unique in this regard lol.
you mustve not been around for the KH 3 spoiler thread. That was the most non spoiler, spoiler thread for a good amount of time.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing Shirrako can't kill and torture suffragettes and "deport mexicans" in this game.

Don't give this piece of shit credit, if you wanna post shit he leaks do it without credit.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing Shirrako can't kill and torture suffragettes and "deport mexicans" in this game.

Don't give this piece of shit credit, if you wanna post shit he leaks do it without credit.

Wait.... is that the same guy who posted those RDR2 videos and got his channel taken down? Had some weird RE2 remake video from him show up in my recommended with leon in a thong or something.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California

I recall we had to take down some of his videos back during RE7 pre-launch window since he/she started posting a bunch of spoiler footage prior to the game's official release. Then again, there were other folks who did the same and also had to be taken down. It's all game after the official release date though!

yonathankevin

Nov 27, 2018
I recall we had to take down some of his videos back during RE7 pre-launch window since he/she started posting a bunch of spoiler footage prior to the game's official release. Then again, there were other folks who did the same and also had to be taken down. It's all game after the official release date though!
Any info about preload on steam sir??

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Do steam launch times and PSN times differ? I've never preordered on PSN before this game.

It was clarified later that there was no corny father son moment between the two. So I think that was just an error in the mods pinning his or her leaks.
Welp.
That hair looks so good. I need to see the face, of course, but so far it looks like we're back to handsome daddy Vergil again after the awful DMC4 SE model.
It looks so unfinished! Like a poor trainee was tasked with it on a friday afternoon and then they just decided to call it a day. o_O

Nah man why would I be mad? I like the passion being displayed. I personally am not as passionate about the DMC story and lore. I am a fan of the series because of the game play mechanics, characters and the action cutscenes. Sure I would like the DMC story to be the best that it can be but I treat DMC's story like a shounen anime or a comic book story. There are going to be ass pulls, coincidences and suspension of disbelief. Just whatever they are presented feels good and looks cool, then I am aboard. Yea I could be more critical about it but I save my critique for the game play elements more, I let others worry about the story (and don't worry there are many like you who feel strongly about the story/lore/canon).
Thx. <3

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Is vergil THAT handsome he gotta be spoiler tagged in order for us to brace ourselves????
What is this.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Sorry everyone but I thought this was funny when I saw this.

3GeDt3g.jpg

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
I want to believe that the game is sooo goood, that people are like "no no ... I shouldn't spoil this gloriousness"
There is no other explanation.