• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Why are you even spending time accusing people of not watching a video because you don't like the choice of words? I saw the video earlier before this thread and I recalled the resolution being rocksteady. I didn't remember word for word static. Jesus why I'm I even justifying myself for you.
tenor.gif

Wizards run their cutscenes at 30-50 fps confirmed.
I wish they'd locked them to 30fps. It's a bizarre design choice and I hate the judder. On the flip side at least they'll run at 60fps via BC on next gen consoles :)
TL;DW

John goes into a lot of detail. Highly recommend a watch of the full thing. Just posting the relevant console comparison items here.
It's incredible just how much detail John goes in to. I'd love for him to compare input lag between versions in future too. And even the console fan noise which varies wildly from game to game on all platforms. But I suppose John has to have a life at some point!

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
No 1080p option so worse framerate on Pro then base PS4... this is so stupid Capcom... I guess I'll play it on PC like RE2, pfff...

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
No 1080p option so worse framerate on Pro then base PS4... this is so stupid Capcom... I guess I'll play it on PC like RE2, pfff...

That's not true at all. It was just the case for one sample segment. Overall (based on DF's commentary and earlier VGTech analysis) frame rates are Pro > XBX >= OG PS4 > >> OG XBO/S

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom has done a fine job here, though I feel like people would've been more than fine without the reconstruction stuff.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Also remember that Advent Children is running at movie framerate. If DMCV ran at that fps it would blow AC out of water with visual fidelity.

Jan 17, 2019
You are currently posting in the DF DMC V analysis topic ..

Yes, i know.
And why people said in VG thread: "will wait for DF analysis" like somehow VG is subpar, not worthy and other reasons. My question ( and legit one ) in previous post is intended for them first and foremost to answer on simple question what is the difference in the end.

Last edited:

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
- Rather difficult to see difference between the two during game play.

Im impressed what Pro is doing here. Great job

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, i know.
And why people said in VG thread: "will wait for DF analysis"? My question ( and legit one ) in previous post is intended for them first and foremost to answer on simple question what is the difference in the end.
Anyone that says "will wait for -insert channel-" is being super rude, I'd say.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not entirely show how the Capcom color space works. I have my PC set to RGB & limited on my TV, do I pick sRGB or rec 709 before I calibrate the in game brightness?

Felt like for RE2, the game looks too dark on rec, but the blacks look a bit washed out on sRGB.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Awesome video, but you can tell they are new to DMC games judging from the gameplay.

Would really like to see how the performance looks like when pulling off some mad combos and there's shit all over the screen.

Also I'm really loving these 60fps console gaming experiences we are getting at 2019, Ace Combat 7, RE2, DMC5 etc.
60fps is where gaming is at, no matter which platform.
The Last of Us played so amazing in 60fps and it's kinda sad that all the Naughty Dog games we get this gen are 30fps instead.

Last edited:

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
The HDR alone based on my time even with the demo on the Xbox One X is practically worth the price of admission to see the crazy glow of weapon particle effects and such.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just an interesting point to note from the DF article's text:

Still, no matter which system you own, DMC5 presents as a soft, filmic looking game.

I was under the impression, via the VGTech topic from yesterday, that the PS4 Pro versions of RE games were .. what was it .. overly sharp to the point of being "difficult for the eyes" and have "utterly ruined image quality".

Ah well ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oct 27, 2017
Great analysis as per usual.

Dang I legit don't know what version I want, Pro or X. My PC could probably handle it really well but I don't have it hooked to my 4k HDR set (and lugging my tower downstairs to connect it up would be a pain...)

May go with the pro if only because DMC feels "right" on a playstation controller to me.

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw Sunhilegend's panther gif. This game is tempting me, why couldn't they save MTX for the SE edition. I still need to finish DMC so I have a lot of time. More beastmasters in games please!

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
Re:Flicker Dark1x - temporal AA (and reconstruction obviously) techniques jitter the camera every frame to generate additional samples.
If you were to display that without any resolve filter to process temporal data - the entire image flickers/shakes. Might be a case of resolve not picking up some things, or not having enough precision/source detail to work with, or could be a bug in resolve shader too.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

I was under the impression, via the VGTech topic from yesterday, that the PS4 Pro versions of RE games were .. what was it .. overly sharp to the point of being "difficult for the eyes" and have "utterly ruined image quality".

Ah well ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

XS5LK.gif

lashey

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ah well ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Holding a grudge? lol

I know who you are talking about.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
X is definitely the way to go here other than that single boss fight. They even mentioned during normal gameplay Pro dropped a little more than X, along with the cleaner image X has. Still good across the board.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Looks like Capcom did a great job with DMC5.

Looking forward to getting the Steelbook version tomorrow for my Pro, for some 1800p / 60fps greatness. I'll take the game being slightly smoother over having a slightly higher resolution.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The FF7AC comparison is amusing.

I'm just here to remind people Advent Children is some upscaled-from-SD garbage.

1443_1_1080p.jpg

1443_9_1080p.jpg

1443_8_1080p.jpg

1443_16_1080p.jpg

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't the new scenes they made for AC: Complete created in higher resolution native for blu ray ?
Most of it is the same ol' garbage. For instance Cait Sith wasn't in the original shot I posted above. They re-rendered it... in SD.

The new scenes don't really look that much better, but they're aren't helped by low quality textures and low quality everything.

In general it's a trash-looking production. It does a disservice to DMCV to be compared to this dreck.

Last edited:

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have more info/recap info about PS4 Pro 1080p versus 4k?

1080p with native downsampling sounds damn sexy and smooth. Performance sounds the same between both, but I'm wondering if the downsampling results in a smoother, more pleasant picture if the aliasing isn't great on 4K.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Most of it is the same ol' garbage. For instance Cait Sith wasn't in the original shot I posted above. They re-rendered it... in SD.

The new scenes don't really look that much better, but they're aren't helped by low quality textures.

In general it's a trash-looking production. It does a disservice to DMCV to be compared to this dreck.

I wouldn't say it's a disservice to DMC, not when it shows off how good DMC looks.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Great in-depth analysis (as always). Source file really brings out most from these analysis. In the greater scheme of things, playing the game on anything other than X1OG/S is the way to go.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have more info/recap info about PS4 Pro 1080p versus 4k?

1080p with native downsampling sounds damn sexy and smooth. Performance sounds the same between both, but I'm wondering if the downsampling results in a smoother, more pleasant picture if the aliasing isn't great on 4K.

1800p is going to look better than 1080p no matter what I think.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
X is definitely the way to go here other than that single boss fight. They even mentioned during normal gameplay Pro dropped a little more than X, along with the cleaner image X has. Still good across the board.
Jesus it's really that terrible if an face off the X didn't take all the prize? For the fuck sake. And no Pro version dropped a little more just in a particular scenario with the camera views close to the enemies characters with many alpha effects on the screen to be precise. In general is a bit smoother.

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus it's really that terrible if an face off the X didn't take all the prize? For the fuck sake. And no Pro version dropped a little more just in a particular scenario with the camera views close to the enemies characters with many alpha effects on the screen to be precise. In general is a bit smoother.

I mean if the X was rendering at the same res as the Pro I imagine it would probably lock 60 (excluding the cutscenes, probably). X is rendering at higher res and has additional AA (and it looked like the shadows were a little nicer?). Similar performance but with bumped up IQ on the X. Makes sense, it's not like it's an Ace Combat 7 situation, which IIRC the X version was flat out worse than the Pro.

I probably would have preferred them to keep 1800p like the pro and use the extra X power to lock 60 though personally.

I wonder what it's actually rendering at before they reconstruct up to 2160.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure which platform to play this on, Xbox One X or Pro, even after playing through the demo countless times on both.

Thinking PS4 Pro may be the way to go as the controller doesn't hurt my hands as much after long periods of time doing craziness with my combos. Can see this being a life saver when it comes to playing Dante too.

Decisions to make. Tough ones.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not sure which platform to play this on, Xbox One X or Pro, even after playing through the demo countless times on both.

Thinking PS4 Pro may be the way to go as the controller doesn't hurt my hands as much after long periods of time doing craziness with my combos. Can see this being a life saver when it comes to playing Dante too.

Decisions to make. Tough ones.

Same boat. For me it also may come down to preferring the DS4. I've heard if you have a Xbox Elite with the paddles it's great though.