• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
sImNS0C.gif
Wooo!! That dodge was as close as it gets.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Any good tech to charge up shots and not fire the first one needlessly? Some buffor move?

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question -

Are there health packs/first aid kits or something that refills your health gauge? Thanks.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Just played it. Oh man, this is amazing.

RE2 and this...what a year for Capcom.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying this to troll I can assure you but I was very disappointed with the first demo compared to the feeling of Bayonetta and Nier. I was genuinely shocked at how sluggish it felt especially since it's 60fps. Maybe that's just the DMC feel (I haven't played one since the original on PS2) and it's not going for the same sort of really responsive feel. Does the second demo feel much the same?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying this to troll I can assure you but I was very disappointed with the first demo compared to the feeling of Bayonetta and Nier. I was genuinely shocked at how sluggish it felt especially since it's 60fps. Maybe that's just the DMC feel (I haven't played one since the original on PS2) and it's not going for the same sort of really responsive feel. Does the second demo feel much the same?
It's not going for the Nier/Bayonetta feel but DMC5 is extremely responsive (way more responsive than Nier IMO). The Xbox version has framerate issues though, PS4 version is better in that regard. But I think the issue here is the general feel of DMC, you need to execute moves on demand so you feel better and more in rhythm with the combat. You can't just mash on Triangle, press O occasionally and expect it to feel good. Like if you aren't using Exceed system then your moves are going to feel slow since Exceed speeds them up, if you aren't cancelling moves into specials and specials into enemy step then you are going to be met with laggy recovery on moves. But even with that, DMC5 is a very precise and responsive game.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
All this sweet tech coming out with only 4 devil breakers out of what like 15? Nero is looking more hype that i thought. Even without max act yet and devil trigger if he has one

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All this sweet tech coming out with only 4 devil breakers out of what like 15? Nero is looking more hype that i thought. Even without max act yet and devil trigger if he has one
No it's 8 standard devil breakers and a few weird ones like the Megaman Breaker arm.

What's the best control scheme? Charging Blue Rose while attacking with the sword is hard.
You can't actually charge during attacks anymore, there needs to be a gap in between somewhere. Like he can charge during stuff like jump, rolling or certain recoveries but not in the middle of an attack like before. Just need to find specific gaps in combat where you can charge up. You can probably try setting Gun Shot to L1 and Breakaway to R2 or [] though.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Man this game is great, looks amazing on the Pro, feels much better than the previous demo. Amazing what some polish can do.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if that's true, I've charged shots during breakages.
Those are some of the exceptions. What I mean is that you can't charge while you are in the middle of a Streak animation but there are some moves with enough recovery where you can. It takes some experimentation to know when you can charge and when you can't.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Those are some of the exceptions. What I mean is that you can't charge while you are in the middle of a Streak animation but there are some moves with enough recovery where you can. It takes some experimentation to know when you can charge and when you can't.
Ah, I see 🤔

That is strange 🤨

Vagabundo

Nov 6, 2017
Brazil
You can't actually charge during attacks anymore, there needs to be a gap in between somewhere. Like he can charge during stuff like jump, rolling or certain recoveries but not in the middle of an attack like before. Just need to find specific gaps in combat where you can charge up. You can probably try setting Gun Shot to L1 and Breakaway to R2 or [] though.
Thanks! I will try to do this.
Working on a DMC5 Tutorial Playlist here.
Latest video covers how to dodge effectively
Amazing! You got a new subscriber.

Oct 26, 2017
Those games are very different to devil may cry, and peoples response to dmc5 is just making me appreciate the genius of bayonetta more.

Bayonetta has an extremely low skill floor in terms of playing the game with an enjoyable flow, Nero has a much higher skill floor. Its really easy to see why when you look at what happens when you launch an enemy in each game.

In bayonetta, you jump ->kick, immediately the enemy is in the air and you are following them, attacking them all the way till you hit the ground. And you just keep going, because the flow of the game just revolves around kicks, punches, dodges and jumps.

Nero has a much higher skill floor in terms of playing the game smoothly. You launch the enemy into the air and follow them, you do one combo and heres the big difference, you and your enemy are no longer in the same place.
  • If you did aerial combo, the opponent is smashed into the ground, whilst you are slowly falling
  • If you did roulette, the opponent is above you, whilst you are slowly falling
To have the same flow you have in bayonetta, you now need to start using snatch, gun shots, taunts, breakers and enemy step to keep yourself in the air. Otherwise you slowly fall to the game

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You forgot the air taunt and that the jump invulnerability also applies to enemy step and Air Hike. And technically Shuffle is included too as the back dash should have some i-frames too.

I was debating including shuffle and the air taunt in but i wanted to stick to the simple stuff and keep it short and simple. I'm giving enemy step its own video though so i will talk about the i-frames in that video

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And Dante has a much higher skill floor than even Nero. At least Nero has easy sword attacks in the air and can Wire Snatch to close distances... with Dante you need to switch styles to do similar things.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ive seen people taunt but don't know how it's done, I've checked controls but it doesn't say. Anybody?

Edit: Wait, you buy taunts?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Dante will be like operating a spaceship with all styles and dual weapon modes.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ive seen people taunt but don't know how it's done, I've checked controls but it doesn't say. Anybody?

Edit: Wait, you buy taunts?
Press down on the touchpad if playing on PS4 or the view button if playing on Xbox.

No you don't buy taunts, the taunts that show up depend on your stylish rank.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who had an issue with the camera against the boss in front of the cathedral? I have all the camera options off and every time I rotate the camera so I can check the area for health, it automatically rotates back behind the character. It's very annoying because instead of fighting only the enemy, im fighting both the enemy and the camera. UGH.

Otherwise, enjoyed the demo for the most part even though im not that good in it. Was able to get the boss health down to 1/3rd but damn, the camera not staying put when I move it kills me every time. :(

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
finally got to play this for a couple of hours and all i could think was....
welcome back capcom <3
ok now to read up on all the wilding out in this thread lol

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo again using some tips from this thread and fared way better. I'm not really a fan of this type of game, only finished 1 (at least I think I did, back in the day) and played the sequels for a bit. I tried to play Bayonetta last year and could only play 4 chapters before giving up. I was having no fun. DMCV looks really attractive to me and I'm willing to put a bigger effort to learn all the systems. Still deciding if I'm grabbing it day 1.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I played the demo again using some tips from this thread and fared way better. I'm not really a fan of this type of game, only finished 1 (at least I think I did, back in the day) and played the sequels for a bit. I tried to play Bayonetta last year and could only play 4 chapters before giving up. I was having no fun. DMCV looks really attractive to me and I'm willing to put a bigger effort to learn all the systems. Still deciding if I'm grabbing it day 1.
I think for many people, DMC5's production values and presentation look really attractive and will probably carry the game for them. My mates are picking the game up purely based on trailers alone despite never playing a DMC game so it's all good.