• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
So they have mapped Split attack to R1+traingle+back instead of forward huh..this is gonna be hard to get used to

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017
From DarKaoZ stream he just confirmed that you can buy enemy step in this demo (15,000 orbs) as well as shuffle for red queen.

Double jump, the air red queen combo and exceed 2 have to be bought now.
Is the aerial RQ combo the basic 3 slash? do you just do splitter until you buy it?

And can't wait to play this when I get home tonight, would love to try Dante but I'm fine with just an expanded Nero demo.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
What HDR settings are people going for with it? Had to use the tips from the EvilBoris Resident Evil 2 video to get that one right.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, I really like this. Just feels great.

Might be less twitchy than before but has lots of toys to play with

Oct 26, 2017
They really should of set expectations low when announcing a second demo, its basically an update the OG demo. Its looks alot better on the X now tho

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man it feels great to play a new DMC game after all these years.

I thought I would get bored of the Goliath fight after seeing it so many times in the previous videos that came out of events but nope, Goliath is so fun to fight against. I've probably finished the demo 7-8 times already.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
They really should of set expectations low when announcing a second demo, its basically an update the OG demo. Its looks alot better on the X now tho
They said exactly that so idk why people are confused.

Man it feels great to play a new DMC game after all these years.

I thought I would get bored of the Goliath fight after seeing it so many times in the previous videos that came out of events but nope, Goliath is so fun to fight against. I've probably finished the demo 7-8 times already.
The only thing I didn't like was...I'm out of practice T_T

Ashamed of myself tbh

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait for this to hit the US stores, no rush to make another NZ account to get this. (deleted last one after RE2's one shot demo).

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Preorder on x for obvious reasons but man I like ps controller so much more for actions games

Oct 26, 2017
They said exactly that so idk why people are confused.
Er when, on twitter all they said is "hey demos out, multiplat one later". Nothing saying it would be the same one, except grindier+an extra move+devilbreaker.

Looks better than the previous demo on X? And that didn't look bad by any means. HDR was something I wasnt so fond of though.
Looked blurry last time

Anyway, all this demo did was remind how much i hate how clunky Nero feels in this game thanks to the ass breaker system. Just wanna get hands on with D/V ):

Preorder on x for obvious reasons but man I like ps controller so much more for actions games
Yea i'm not sure how comfortable the X1 controller is gonna be to claw

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Man, this is so much FUN. It feels great to control, beautiful to look at. I'm so happy.

I thought I wouldn't have much fun from the demo that I saw countless times already. I was (happily) wrong.

Camera angle during cinematic transition is only thing that I get annoyed at, have to get use to it.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Is it already available on HK PSN? That's the only other account I created back when I wanted to play Nier:Automata as soon as possible ^^

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
IZiElFi.gif
This is fantastic.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I really hope DMC4 goes on sale again before or when this comes out so I can play it again before diving into this.

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017
Made NZ account just for this, cant remember last time I played a DMC game, excited to try it

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Shame. The demo is pretty much the same as the Xbox One exclusive demo. A new encounter, access to the customization (van) and the punchline devilbreaker (COOOL).

I wanted to play with someone other than Nero.

Oh well, March isn't that far away.

Oct 29, 2017
This would have been ideal but I'll take what I can get.

I understand now, not sure why it doesn't just have its own button like every other action game I've played but I'm glad it does at least have it. Will give the demo another go and see how I like it now that I know this.

Just so so you know, on top of the dodge roll, DMC games have i-frames on the first few frames of a jump. Jumping to dodge is just as effective

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Wow, this demo was excellent. Loved DMC1 and 3. 2, well the less said about that the better and even 4 wasn't my cup of tea. But this demo was top class. Had my hype level intentionally low so I wouldn't be let down but if anything this demo has put them through the through.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Hell yea
DyvEWvLX0AAMxjr

Had to abuse those breakages to get it tho. Shits fucking crazy damage

Last edited:

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the aerial RQ combo the basic 3 slash? do you just do splitter until you buy it?

And can't wait to play this when I get home tonight, would love to try Dante but I'm fine with just an expanded Nero demo.
The 2nd air combo of triangle, triangle, (small pause) triangle. That does a spinning rise at the end and you can keep comboing them. It was included on past demo.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So in terms of gameplay what's the closest similar game? So I have a small idea what to expect.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
What HDR settings are people going for with it? Had to use the tips from the EvilBoris Resident Evil 2 video to get that one right.

Oh! I'm downloading now.

Paper white / HDR Brightness at 150ish did well in the first demo.

The max brightness/luminance screen was actually broken in the first demo

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The NZ link says CE Europe Limited but when changing to any Euro zone, it gives page not found.

That is confusing.

Not really, it's quite common for the European divisions of games publishers to handle New Zealand and Australia as they are both English speaking and both use PAL as their TV colour system , the same as the UK.
So historically the games where the same as the UK/European versions of a given game.

The game is up on NZ PSN and the publisher is a European company. That's all it is