• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
This anti-press agenda the DMC community has is really gross. I wonder if Capcom feels embarrassed by all this negativity sometimes.

I love DMC to death, but this fanbase can really suck sometimes. How bitter do you have to be to make something like this? Holy shit.
To be absolutely fair, it's not just DMC fans. It's gaming fans as a whole. Reviewers or press can't have opinions outside of the publicly accepted "norm" or they're clickbait trash.

neonneongod

Feb 21, 2019
Probably mid 80s. There will be a couple reviewers still dying on the DmC hill giving it outlandishly low scores (and consequently enduring withering bile on twitter) though.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
You can thank Tameem and the UK press for that. Instead of letting a few weirdos shut up they stoked the flames.

Yes, when DmC didn't sell well at launch you had trash like this being written. I guess the Devil May Cry brand wasn't destroyed by the fans, after all.

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/capcom-almost-halves-dmc-sales-expectations

It's potentially a sad end to a tale brought about very much by the fans themselves. Anyone who played Devil May Cry 4 must surely of seen how desperately the IP needed an injection of new ideas and modernisation – which is exactly what the skilful Ninja Theory achieved.

Yet the fans revolted because Capcom dared to reinvent its IP for the 21st century and dared to change the colour of Dante's hair. It's really very sad.

A headline suggested by a colleague: Devil May Cry fans destroy brand out of spite." That about covers it.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
This anti-press agenda the DMC community has is really gross..

While I think that chart is super yikes. There are pretty good reasons why a chunk of the DMC fanbase does have a press bias. The Press showed their entire ass during the whole DmC thing even with all the homophobia and they dipped.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
if Bayonetta and W101 reviews are a measuring stick, he is right, press dont have the "skill" to properly judge a game that its main sell is combat and high ceiling skill juggling.
didnt one early preview complained about hte lack of music when the game has a system that music plays on relation to your combo and style counter?

What's wrong with Bayonetta reviews?

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've missed something in regards to the press's agenda against Devil May Cry haven't I? Here's the MC averages for everything besides Devil May Cry 2:

Devil May Cry - 94
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening - 84
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition - 87
Devil May Cry 4 - 84

DmC: Devil May Cry - 85

I'm not seeing this huge bias in favor of Ninja Theory's game. Also people correctly point out that Bayonetta 2 was reviewed quite well.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just waiting for:

"The underrated DmC"
"The surprisingly good reboot DmC"
"I've only ever enjoyed DmC"
"Takes many cues from Ninja Theory's DmC"

Not that I have a problem with Journalists liking DmC, but I suspect I'm gonna see far more references to DmC in reviews than the game this a direct sequel to, DMC4. Also for some reason every podcast I listened to after the DMC5 reveal always had someone mention Ninja Theory's game or how that's the only one they really got into.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Aye, it isn't fair to claim that it's one-sided. Especially after something like this.
"Anti-press agenda" isn't how I'd put it, the press acted unprofessionally and NT was even worse. But that's another conversation.

I mentioned this in the discord but I'll mention here:

Do you really think games media from 2012 Is the same as it was when discussing topics like these seven years later? Like you don't think, if this happened today it wouldn't get the same amount of coverage as the current Steam r*pe game right now?

Like people bring up those wack, sexist game ads from print mags back in 2000 and are thankful that we've moved away from that but all of a sudden this singular instance by an admittedly immature part of NT is always brought up as a games media original sin but ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when fucking Devil May Cry is part of the discussion

you people care so fucking much about this IP that it's nauseating to me

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
The review embargo for Devil May Cry 5 ends March 6th, at 8 AM PST/11 AM EST. You are free to post the review thread after the embargo has ended, and reviews are being posted. We can also unlock this thread at your request if you would prefer that instead. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.